This game favours the AI way too much

Ryz999

If you're in first, it gives them everything possible to piss you off. Rain clouds, safety cars and teleports just increase tenfold for them once you get to 1st. The locked shortcuts pretty much guarantee them first place, and I can't beat Brazil because of it. I can't ever get to the key first on the track, and by the time I manage to get into first place, I've lost it because the guy who got the key has used the shortcut and is way too far ahead for me to stand a chance of catching up. I have no idea how I'm going to do this, and it looks like I'm going to give up this game a mere 25 minutes after playing it because of this huge flaw.

Is there some trick I'm missing? Because I'm just getting my a** ridden by the AI in every track I play.

Don't bother going for the key, it will cost you a lot of time when it's not there, and even if it is there it prevents you from using any items until you use it.

Play with Vettel or Webber and receive a boost powerup every time you slip stream another driver.

Learn where all the regular track shortcuts are.

Learn to triple boost from every KERS pad (release your finger from accelerator and quickly reapply 3 times for full boost on the blue chevron pads)

Boost with every landing (take your finger off the accelerator during the jump and reapply just as you land)

There's nothing you can do about the global powerups like rain or teleports when you're leading, but you should hold onto any blue bubble or pulse bubbles and use them defensively against red/yellow bubbles when you're out in front.

Remember you don't need to win every race to win a championship. Consistency is the key. A win will go a long way to winning a championship but there are still big points rewarded for top 3 finishes, and sometimes a 5th place finish will be a good result.

Also, there are only 8 championships in career mode that you have to win to unlock other events. A top 3 finish is all you need in the other 22.

Alright, I'll pick it up later and give it another shot. Is there a guide anywhere with all the regular shortcuts? I can only find ones with all the locked ones. Thanks a lot for the help.

if you watch the guide/s on the shortcuts it will show you the regular shortcuts two

Edited by daveuk

Alright, I'll pick it up later and give it another shot. Is there a guide anywhere with all the regular shortcuts? I can only find ones with all the locked ones. Thanks a lot for the help.

check the latest responses on the trophy guide

i left some tips there that are going to make this a lot easier

I know! I trust tried to do the quick boost friend thing with this booster, and the f***ing AI wins EVERYTIME! Why the hell is the AI difficult on this game? It's worse then Mario Kart 64!

AND I can't find out how to get into other races modes in single player. Do you have to do the other style of racings Online only?

AND why isn't there any LOCAL multiplayer? I don't want every race with 10 AI opponnents!

This game has great potential but seriously, i've never seen any ai being so cheap before...it kills the whole game for me. I see a lot of people say it's a little bit of skill/strategy and a little bit of luck, but i disagree. I'm very decent at racing/kart games and dare to say that this game is ALL about luck. It doesn't matter how well your racing line is, how good you make use of kers and the jump boost or how strategic you use shortcuts and powerups to your advantage because if the ai feels like you need to be in the back of the pack, it makes sure you're in the back of the pack no matter what. I've raced "perfect" races finishing 7th, then the the next i'm not even trying and i win by a huge margin. I feel sorry for the people who didn't get this on ps+ and actually paid for this. Rant out...sorry! ;)

Yeah i raged a lot so far, being in first place and getting hit by bubbles and crap...

So far i've always managed to stay in the top 3 in the championships and i'm half way through the career but i get pretty pissed when i drop form 1st to 7th or even lower... But i feell i still haven't got the hang of this

This game has great potential but seriously, i've never seen any ai being so cheap before...it kills the whole game for me. I see a lot of people say it's a little bit of skill/strategy and a little bit of luck, but i disagree. I'm very decent at racing/kart games and dare to say that this game is ALL about luck. It doesn't matter how well your racing line is, how good you make use of kers and the jump boost or how strategic you use shortcuts and powerups to your advantage because if the ai feels like you need to be in the back of the pack, it makes sure you're in the back of the pack no matter what. I've raced "perfect" races finishing 7th, then the the next i'm not even trying and i win by a huge margin. I feel sorry for the people who didn't get this on ps+ and actually paid for this. Rant out...sorry! ;)

i hear you man,i feel cheated by the game and i got it of the plus and even free feels like a rip off.

• 4 weeks later...

Totally agree! I am constantly having the issue with being in the top 3 right until the home stretch and them BAM and bombarded with bombs and get stuck much lower down the field. In fact, a lot of the times my wins have been from an average run through, around 10th place and getting a teleport or fast track rocket near the end and "cheating" my way to the front.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I really thought getting gold times was going to be a nightmare, but so far it has been pretty easy. Especially the dlc gold times. I got them on my first lap except for on Canada. That took three laps lol... I am feeling better about playing this game, mostly because I am getting close to being done with it. I am proud of myself for not destroying my controller though!

this game is a complete joke all players are the same speed playing on 1000cc and the AI still wins the guide says to drop in a second controller i think this makes it worse -_- thank god i got it for free would never pay 50 bucks for this game the devs should fix this AI as this game is not worthy of being bought. i played it for 2 hours saw how crap it was and never played it again. ive even tried all the tips and even when Im first for ages they some how speed past and they arent even boosting even when i damaged them they still seem faster than me when im not damaged -_-