F1 2013 News

jamie9000000

Mods, any chance you could create a sub-forum for the game :D

Good news for all you F1 fans out there, F1 2013 is basically confirmed (not officially though) Looking at Steve Hood's Twitter feed (He's the Creative Director for the Codemasters F1 series on 360, PS3 & PC for those that don't know) It's starting to blow up with information.

He says that he's not allowed to talk about the content/features of the game for one or two weeks. Other stuff that he's written about are things like

Everyone that keeps asking for 2013 stuff should realise, at this stage, the game is pretty much finished :)
This basically confirms the game, so It's only a matter of time before It's officially announced.

Enjoying epic races against the AI in #f12013 ! Three abreast into some corners. Has someone accidentally switched on the Cloud?
Reading this makes me think there will be somewhat decent AI, no idea what he means by "The Cloud"

Later this month.
In reply to somebody asking when there will be a trailer, makes me assume the announcement will be then.

Not going through all of them, but if you guys want more info, head over to his Twiiter to take a look

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a huge fan of F1 and like to casually play the game, don't usually play against the AI on expert otherwise I end up raging but this is good news! A new game is always good and new teams will be a nice change for once, hope they add some new and awesome features!

No worries! Might pick this one up, I haven't bought an F1 game since the 2010 game ;)

You should, I've played all main F1 games since F1 2006 on the PS2 :D Hoping the damage model will be better than the previous games :D

Looks like the announcement of the game will be made on the 15th of July :D

• 2 weeks later...

Game will apparently be revealed at 2pm GMT today :D

Can't wait.

Edit - cover has been leaked

http://m.game.es/cover/3D_L/094/094717.jpg

Classic cars incoming?

TRAILER!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6nDP9QghBw]F1 2013 Classic Edition Teaser Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

Classic cars confirmed :D

Edited by jamie9000000

I'll start a new post for this.

From the Codemasters blog

We’re pleased to announce that this autumn sees the release of F1 2013 For the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC as part of our exclusive multi-year deal with Formula One World Championship Limited, the game will be available worldwide in two editions: F1 2013 and F1 2013: CLASSIC EDITION.

F1 2013: CLASSIC EDITION is a limited edition, premium package which includes F1 2013, featuring all new classic content from the 1980s, and is expanded with further content from the 1990s and additional Classic Tracks.

F1 2013 features all the cars, circuits and star drivers from the 2013 season, allowing gamers to race as Lewis Hamilton in his Mercedes and Sergio Perez in the McLaren-Mercedes for the first time, and includes all of the new drivers, updated rules, tyre changes and remodelled handling to authentically reflect the challenge and exhilaration of racing 2013’s stunning roster of FORMULA ONE™ cars. A range of game enhancements, split-screen and online multiplayer, plus new and returning game modes, delivers the most complete FORMULA ONE experience in videogame history.

NEW Classic Content

F1 2013: CLASSIC EDITION breaks new ground to include official classic FORMULA ONE content for the first time in the series in an expansive brand new game mode introduced by legendary broadcaster Murray Walker. F1 Classics allows players to race against a mixture of original drivers and renowned team legends in iconic cars and features four historical circuits. Classic content can be enjoyed across a range of game modes including quick race, a custom championship, time trial and in split-screen and online multiplayer modes. Players will race on grids featuring FORMULA ONE cars and drivers from different eras, experiencing the differing handling characteristics and feeling the evolution of technology over the years, providing an eye-opening contrast to the cars simulated from the 2013 season.

F1 Classics: 1980s Content includes:

Five iconic cars from Ferrari, Williams & Lotus

Ten legendary drivers including Nigel Mansell, Mario Andretti, Emerson Fittipaldi, Gerhard Berger and others

Circuito De Jerez – Former host of the Spanish GRAND PRIX™

Brands Hatch – Legendary former home of the British GRAND PRIX

F1 Classics: 1990s Pack Content includes:

Six Iconic cars from Ferrari & Williams

A host of famous drivers including David Coulthard, Eddie Irvine, Alain Prost, Jacques Villeneuve and others

Classic Tracks Pack includes:

Imola – Former host of the San Marino GRAND PRIX

Estoril – Past home of the Portuguese GRAND PRIX

All The Official 2013 Content Reflecting what is shaping up to be one most exciting seasons yet, F1 2013 will feature all the cars, circuits and stars from the 2013 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™.

Hot Lap Gameplay

Need a little more than just the trailer above? Well we've got two Hot Lap videos of Silverstone and Nürburgring featuring in game footage of F1 2013 and commentary from Anthony Davidson.

Expanded Young Driver Test

Based on the real world event, the Young Driver Test based at Abu Dhabi’s Yas Marina, where young drivers set out to earn a drive in FORMULA ONE, is expanded and tuned to ease novice players into the world of FORMULA ONE. Day One will use tutorials and explanatory videos to get new players quickly racing competitively. Day Two sets a series of increasingly demanding challenges, inviting repeat plays as gamers set to improve their score and master elite driving techniques, and unlock further race seats for their career.

Mid-Session Saves

Mid-session saves allows players to experience a complete long race weekend at their own pace rather than commit the 180 minutes plus session time required to complete a race weekend in one go.

Grand Prix Mode Returns

F1 2013 reinstates the Single Player Championship Mode. Players can once again step into the shoes of their favourite driver and race in a single race or complete a full or custom FORMULA ONE season in the pursuit of racing glory.

Full RaceNet Integration

Codemasters’ free Community Hub RaceNet will extend players’ FORMULA 1 experience in the game and beyond the box. F1 2012 launched with RaceNet in beta mode and has already seen over 36 million races completed by registered members. In F1 2013, RaceNet which launched in full with GRID 2™, will offer connected players regular in-game challenges, scenarios, community-wide challenges, visual stats and game progress updates to compare with their friends. Access for players is free via desktop, mobile or via dedicated apps allowing players to stay connected to their F1 2013: CLASSIC EDITION experience, and their progress in other Codemasters racing games, wherever they are.

I am getting the Classic Edition for sure. :D This is one mode I have been hoping for in the latest series of F1 games. GP2 was the other, but Codemasters will have other opportunities to add this to the game in other years if they plan to.

I think they gave a reason behind not including GP2, can't remember what it was though. I'll be getting the Classic Edition as well, just a shame It's DLC and not included in the base game, no idea if it will have trophies though.

I think they gave a reason behind not including GP2, can't remember what it was though. I'll be getting the Classic Edition as well, just a shame It's DLC and not included in the base game, no idea if it will have trophies though.

Ah nice! So I'm guessing if you buy the Classic Edition you can buy all the DLC for free when it is released? I've no idea, I'm just speculating here.

Ah nice! So I'm guessing if you buy the Classic Edition you can buy all the DLC for free when it is released? I've no idea, I'm just speculating here.

I believe you get that content with the game, but it is also offered separately as DLC to people without the Classic Edition (probably sometime after release). The difference between the 2 editions is £15. :eek: All that extra money is for 7 drivers, 5 cars, Imola and Estoril. Seems a bit steep to me.

I believe you get that content with the game, but it is also offered separately as DLC to people without the Classic Edition (probably sometime after release). The difference between the 2 editions is £15. :eek: All that extra money is for 7 drivers, 5 cars, Imola and Estoril. Seems a bit steep to me.

That's what I heard.

By the way, there is more than you listed, all together, There are 14+ drivers, 11 cars and 4 tracks :) The 80s and 90s pack come with the Classic Edition, so that works out to be £7.50 per DLC It will be cheaper getting the Classic Edition than getting the two separately.

That's what I heard.

By the way, there is more than you listed, all together, There are 14+ drivers, 11 cars and 4 tracks :) The 80s and 90s pack come with the Classic Edition, so that works out to be £7.50 per DLC It will be cheaper getting the Classic Edition than getting the two separately.

The only problem with that is the standard edition also has the 1980's content, so its the 1990's content that is exclusive to the CE ---> http://www.formula1-game.com/uk

The only problem with that is the standard edition also has the 1980's content, so its the 1990's content that is exclusive to the CE ---> http://www.formula1-game.com/uk

Wow, didn't know that, that IS a bit pricey then, think I might just get the standard edition then, unless the price drops a bit.

Wow, didn't know that, that IS a bit pricey then, think I might just get the standard edition then, unless the price drops a bit.

Yeah, that's what I've got my fingers crossed for. I've already put in a pre-order for now, but it'll change to the standard edition if the price doesn't go down to £50 or less.

I'm a bit annoyed that Codemasters have done this. The new mode is basically their #1 feature for this year, but they've cut half of it out of the base game, when I feel it should all be in there. Extra track, car or driver packs as DLC would have been a better idea for DLC.

Found some more videos, this time from Team VVV.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzvZkzfJbZo]F1 2013 Classic Jerez Practice Gameplay - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS0XIWmfln4]F1 2013 Classic Silverstone Practice Gameplay - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtxWY8fHyQ8]F1 2013 Classic Suzuka Practice Gameplay - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om9KuWwVJ7k]Exclusive F1 2013 Suzuka Replay - YouTube[/ame]

“We recently reviewed the VIP Pass activation system and took the decision not to include it in either F1 2013 and F1 2013: Classic Edition,” a Codemasters spokesperson told MCV.

“Players will not be required to activate multiplayer functionality via a VIP Pass code and we have no plans to replace the pass with an alternative paid-for activation system in the game when it launches this October.”

Codemasters drops online pass for F1 2013 | VG247

* clap clap *