Tips for newbie racers - how to beat the time trials

YokA_sun

Okay, I know this game is not supposed to be challenging. However, if you are just like me with minimum racing gaming experience and consider yourself a newbie racing gamer, you can read the following for a few tips. Some of the these may seem really basic.

I. Time trials is all about passing corners. Use three types of

1. brake before the corner and release all pedal when you hit the corner. This best applies on series of medium turns (e.g Silverstone)

2. brake and accelerate through a wide corner. this will give you good control and also easy to turn. best applied on wide turns (e.g. Suzuka)

3. brake and hit acceleration after you pass 3/4 of the corner to get back to max speed. applies on all corners and this also the key for most tracks.

There is always a best optimal speed for every corner. It is helpful to have a good sense of what speed to expect and brake early to reach that speed especially for some difficult tracks.

II. Use the driving line. Sometimes this is all you need to beat the time. Watch out for the color of the driving line, Green means you need to speed or maintain your current speed and red means brake. Brake when you see the line turns into yellow ->orange accelerate when it turns back to yellow->green and just follow the color indication.

III. With just some practice you should find most tracks easy enough. Silverstone is the hardest track if you ask me. As others have mentioned also, it'll take numerous tries before you get a good hang of it. There is a way to cheat Silverstone lap. Before you reach the final chicane (the great S curve), you can simply drive off the track early with great speed on your left and race through the finish line. Just make sure you don't get back on the track or touch the border line before you hit the finish line. You will hear after it says "you just cut the corner, this is an invalid lap" but you will also see your time recorded for the track already and receive the gold medal (if your time is less than the gold time of course). This way it'll save you probably 3 - 5 seconds. My closest was 1:27.890 and with the cheat I had my final timer 1:23.001 which is 4 seconds ahead the gold time I believe.This strategy can be used on other tracks as well. I have not tried on any because silverstone was the only one left for me (of course you will need to have large space off track and a chicane maybe to leave you great advantage)

IV. KERS and DRS. Use DRS when you are over gear 4 (unless you are on a straight rd, below gear 4 DRS will get in the way of making turns). Use KERS when you exit a turn ideally 90 degree (or above). It will help you cut through the corner quickly and regain optimal speed. So again the best to make a turn is brake -> release all pedal -> accelerate -> KERS if necessary. Save KERS for exiting chicane or tough corners.

Alright good luck. I know I am speaking the obvious probably but thanks for reading.

Edited by YokA_sun

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

III. With just some practice you should find most tracks easy enough. Silverstone is the hardest track if you ask me. As others have mentioned also, it'll take numerous tries before you get a good hang of it. There is a way to cheat Silverstone lap. Before you reach the final chicane (the great S curve), you can simply drive off the track early with great speed on your left and race through the finish line. Just make sure you don't get back on the track or touch the border line before you hit the finish line. You will hear after it says "you just cut the corner, this is an invalid lap" but you will also see your time recorded for the track already and receive the gold medal (if your time is less than the gold time of course). This way it'll save you probably 3 - 5 seconds. My closest was 1:27.890 and with the cheat I had my final timer 1:23.001 which is 4 seconds ahead the gold time I believe.This strategy can be used on other tracks as well. I have not tried on any because silverstone was the only one left for me

This works great at Spa as well. Just fly past the final chicane (2nd to last corner) and do the same thing, hug the left wall going past the finish line and don't touch the lines. Worked for me, but it still only saves so much time.