*WARNING* NOT an easy game

knoxville363

I always check this site to see how hard a plat is prior to buying or renting a game. I currently have 100% on my vita card which I want to maintain. I checked here and I saw a ton of people were voting 2, 3, and 4s on this game which in my book should present absolutely no issues if you ask me. Just a little background ...I have quite a few hard plats under my bet if you check my card. I also have 167,000GS on xbox (xbox guy not ps3). Yes I do have a ton of easy games along with the difficult ones as well. I am also not a pro with racing games BUT I am not a n00b with them either.

The reason I made this thread is so that other players do not get suckered into renting, playing, or buying this game thinking it will be a breeze for the plat. I always give the polls my honest opinion. I always take into consideration that others view the polls thinking what I do. I saw a 3/10 for difficulty and 10-15 hours to plat on the trophy guide. For the most part, these guides have been pretty close to what I have thought as well with the exception of a few. Either way, I have dumped almost 24 hours into this game and that does NOT include the 8 seasons. This will be a 35 hour plat for me. I honestly believe people voted so low because 80% of the trophies are in deed easy to obtain in the 8 seasons. The difficulty poll states how difficult it is for the PLAT ...not the trophies. If a game allows you get all but one trophy 1/10 and the last one being a 10/10..that doesn't make it a 1 (easy game) because you get all the trophies but 1. If a game is VERY hard to get the plat to pop, people need to realize what they are voting on imo. Here is what I found to make the game difficult. Good luck to you guys who decide to play this game. I wish I never did.

- The challenges are NOT easy. There are a few head to head battles that will take numerous attempts (not the last one). I beat them with just luck. I will say that this was before I found out how to properly use KERS though.

- The guide did not explain DRS and KERS at all so I will. DRS should be broken down into at least 2 different spots. I would use half on one straight and the last half on another straight. KERS should only be used after your in gear 3 which is my savior because one I found that out, I beat time trials faster that way. Just PRESS and HOLD the KERS button down until you start down shifting in a gear. If you wait til your in gear 3, you will actually see your car "boost". The whole gear 3 tip with the KERS will save you a bunch of time. I went from barely getting bronze to almost gold just with that tip. If you hold KERS while driving through turns and etc, you will see how much it drags you down.

- The guide states the whole 100% and 70% was your way to go. I would say 90% of that is correct. I found that on quite a few tracks, I had to do my own tweaking around with the 70%. I used 75% quite a few times. I know it is all personal preference but I was ALWAYS off with just 70%.

- Montreal is IMPOSSIBLE to beat without using NO BRAKE ASSISTANCE for the time trial. Once you turn it off...just practice and the time trial will be easy to beat.

- 95% of the time trial tracks require a PERFECT RUN. By perfect run, you MUST stick to the driving lane aka the green line. If you go off the line too much, just immediately start over again and keep trying. There is no sense is taking the entire lap when you know you already messed up. I can not tell you how many times I was off by .01 or .1. So for example, if the time required was 1:25.500. My time would always be 1:25.534 or 1:25.510. This game is VERY tedious and made my hands hurt from going at those time trials for such extended periods of times.

Edited by knoxville363

we have some of the same plats...guess you think modnation is a cake then too huh. I found modnation, motorstorm, and f1 ALL very difficult plats. They all had very difficult trophies involved w getting plat.

EASY games to me require no skill at all aka lego games where you just have run through it

Edited by knoxville363

Haha, well I do like racing games, modnation was easy to me, just those annoying online trophies to go :(, they are a challenge though which is good because then they will be rare platinum's 0.o

Hey, please don't take this the wrong way or if I am trying to brag. I am not. Here is my honest opinion.

This is one of the easiest games I played on Vita, it's almost as easy as LEGO games. I would vote 2 or 3/10. I have platted 30 vita games so I know what I am talking about. The only challenge in this game is few time trials, I had issues with Istanbul and I think YES MARINA.

Which challenges are hard? You can get C grade, do you know that?

I beat Vettel on Nurburgring by 5 seconds. You can cut chikanes.

My opinion may be a little clouded because of Gran Turismo 5 extensive training with Mr Vettel. You had to have a pritty sweet time for Nurburgring, Monza and Suzuka.

Edited by skroq

Challenges......I did state they were difficult prior to knowing how to properly use KERS and DRS. I don't understand why that was not in the guide. Not everyone watches or follows F1 to understand the concept. Challenge 9-6 was hard and one other one. I can't remember his name. It was the 4th one I believe or 5th. Like I said this was before I found out how to properly get the car moving the way it was meant to. Either way...the moving games and another type were a pain in the ass as well and yes I did know about he C.

Greenmanboy/Skroq what would you say is a hard plat besides MSG2? Also I am not getting mad by you guys thinking this game is easy. Everyone is open to post their opinion. I just don't see how anyone could find this game easy. I found deviants extremely easy after I got all gold on all spaceships...so I think people will vote like that... leaving the game with a biased opinion- "not that bad."

Edited by knoxville363

Challenges......I did state they were difficult prior to knowing how to properly use KERS and DRS. I don't understand why that was not in the guide. Not everyone watches or follows F1 to understand the concept. Challenge 9-6 was hard and one other one. I can't remember his name. It was the 4th one I believe or 5th. Like I said this was before I found out how to properly get the car moving the way it was meant to. Either way...the moving games and another type were a pain in the ass as well and yes I did know about he C.

Greenmanboy/Skroq what would you say is a hard plat besides MSG2? Also I am not getting mad by you guys thinking this game is easy. Everyone is open to post their opinion. I just don't see how anyone could find this game easy. I found deviants extremely easy after I got all gold on all spaceships...so I think people will vote like that... leaving the game with a biased opinion- "not that bad."

Haha, I found Deviants rather hard :) Hard Vita plats? MK9, Wipeout, Michael Jackson, Black Ops: Declassified. That's it for me. Green?

• 2 weeks later...
Dude, I dont want to sound rude but... If you think challenges are hard, you will never have a license in real life. They are really easy... I mean, REALLY EASY...

It is time consuming because of the 8 championships.

I said some of the challenges meaning the head to head ones...there were 2 that were a pain. As stated in my OP, I did them before I figured our KERS and DRS as well so that would have helped as well. The main issue with difficulty are the TIME TRIALS...

Everyone keeps saying how easy the game is.. I am just trying to help people out who think this will be a breeze. If your looking for a easy plat, then go play a lego game or something because this is no where near the easy category.

Edited by knoxville363
grammar

I said some of the challenges meaning the head to head ones...there were 2 that were a pain. As stated in my OP, I did them before I figured our KERS and DRS as well so that would have helped as well. The main issue with difficulty are the TIME TRIALS...

Everyone keeps saying how easy the game is.. I am just trying to help people out who think this is a breeze. If your looking for a easy plat, then go play a lego game or something because this is no where near the easy category.

Im sorry, we are helping people, because this game is easy... You should state that you dont know how to and drive and 0 knowledge about the circuits of F1.

Time trials, most of them achieved on the first lap.

You are probably 12 years old. Only person who thinks someone has no ability to operate a motor vehicle because of a video game......yes 1 lap that is why everyone has stated how hard they are....

Omg do you want a video? Because I will upload it just for you.... :think::think:

Yes... 1 lap becuase I dont need more than one, anyone who watches F1 already know the circuits...

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_CH_UxCyt3Ro/S_f_fmJ9dEI/AAAAAAAAA9I/yAEzYB2w1QY/s1600/internettoughguy.jpg&imgrefurl=http://rubinonwry.blogspot.com/2010_05_01_archive.html&h=600&w=750&sz=92&tbnid=_rjX0vuKcZCicM:&tbnh=100&tbnw=125&zoom=1&usg=__X8MbapDpXOE9v7vdHoknyH7sdCo=&docid=3dHmjhV-DRoiOM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=IAMZUY7_EM_NqQG-2IHgAg&sqi=2&ved=0CDkQ9QEwAg&dur=706

if you go back in the thread and read the other members posts...you will see that your the only tough guy here talking trash. Green simply said it was not hard and Skroq stated why his opinion may be biased. In no form did either of them say "You suck" OR anything along those lines. Also why don't you look at what green posted....only 267 people go the plat so therefore "I may not be the only one to think it is hard"...word for word what he put.

Edited by knoxville363

Ok following your logic here, lets change the point view, you are good and im god at it? :think:

Lets talk about GT5, only one single Vettel event was that hard, the game was even harder on v1.0.

I was the first on this forum to post a pic about vettel event and did all gold licenses on day within 24 hours. Again, version 1.0

258 platinums? Consider the number of people who are really trophy hunters and the amout of people who actually want to play 8 seasons, thats why Im not soing F1 2010 platinum..

The only racing game you can consider hard is WipEout HD and that would be because you are not familiar with it ( i think i got that platinum in 7 days ) and as you cann see on my trophy card I use to connect every 2 days or so.

I already retracted my statement in reference to the challenges...those were not bad. The time trials is the only hard part of the game...once again...when voting on a game...its for the PLAT...not 99%...meaning you got 100%. Of course the game is easy (misc trophies) BUT the time trials were hell.