KERS and DRS

knoxville363

Nobody has gone into detail on what these two are......I googled what they were but that was no help really. Everyone keeps saying that you have to use them for time trials and they are very important. When do you use KERS? I know the DRS is like a boost of some sort and I do notice the difference, but when are you supposed to use KERS aka straight aways.....don't use on turns........etc. I am having trouble with a lot of time trials. This game was voted a 3......I am finding this to be an 8 in my book with these time trials. I have not even done a single championship and I have already sunk at least 8 hours on time trials and challenges alone!

EDIT - ONLY USE DRS ON STRAIGHTS AND I ALWAYS USED THEM IN SECTIONS AND NOT ALL AT ONCE

AS FOR KERS...ONLY USE IT ON STRAIGHTS AND NOT WHILE TURNING. ANOTHER HUGE THING WITH KERS IS ONLY USE IT AFTER YOU HIT GEAR 3. I FOUND IT USELESS AND ONLY BOGGED U DOWN UNLESS YOU WERE IN GEAR 3.

Edited by knoxville363

• 1 year later...

This may be old, but I am still going to answer your simple question.

You have it Backwards. First of all, DRS is NOT a boost at all, KERS gives the Horsepower Boost.

DRS stands for Drag Reduction System. What it does is when the DRS is initiated, the rear wing opens up, reducing the drag & down force, which is why you can't use it in turns. It automatically disengages & the Rear Wing Closes when the Brakes are touched.

KERS stands for Kinetic Energy Recovery System. This is System that gives a temporary Boost in Horsepower. The system recovers Kinetic Energy under braking & stores it in a Battery. You get a limited amount of KERS power each lap (60 Kw (82 hp) for 6.6 seconds per lap) & you really want to make sure you COMPLETELY Discharge your KERS before the end of every lap as the charge will not completely charge, otherwise.

Now, for an excellent use is to use KERS when DRS is engaged, is a great way to makes passes easier.

But an important note to remember: KERS & DRS can make you go faster, but only to the amount of your gear ratio. Then you won't be going any faster, as you will be hitting the REV limiter.

Edited by tincann

• 11 months later...