Hard Mode - Easy Work Around

potential91

Firstly I would like to apologise to moderators if they think I'm creating a duplicate thread, it hasn't actually been created as a thread but has been mentioned within the pages of a different thread. I feel I am repeating myself to people often to tell them about the easy mode work around and currently it hasn't been added to Lukey's/Toasters guide, I am going to attempt to simplify the method for people who want to try to get the trophy easily without having to play with the settings at Default.

Now to the method.

A link to the current method can be found here:

Drivers' World Champion (Hard) Achievement in F1 2011

If you wish to use the link to follow to obtain the trophy do so as you wish, I used the method as is described and obtained the trophy, so I can confirm that it does work. If you tried it and didn't get the trophy, basically you did something wrong. If you wish to follow my simple method read below.

I am going to break down the method into step by step instructions for people to follow as I feel it is the easiest way to break down a wall of text into easier readable chunks.

Step 1.

First of all turn Autosave OFF, this can't be done unless Autosave is turned to OFF.

Step 2.

Start your career season/ begin your second season if you have already played through one season. When you have chosen your team you are ready to begin.

Step 3.

Click the track you wish to race and turn options to the HARD option, additionally set the weekend to Short Weekend and change it so you are only doing 3 Laps.

Step 4.

Skip the practice session and begin qualifying. You can actually skip qualifying if you are a confident racer as you can take over most cars on the first corner and the rest over the course of the track. If you wish to participate in qualifying. You MUST follow the procedure explained in Step 5.

Step 5.

Firstly to make things easier, go into your car setup before you start the race, and change the SUSPENSION Front and Rear Stiffness of the car from 6(Default) to 11, this will give your car much better handling and is currently known as a bug to make this alot easier for your car. Next Begin the race. As you gain control of your car, pause the game and go into the Driving Options, your current settings should be set to

Braking Assist OFF

ABS ON

Traction Control MEDIUM

Gears MANUAL

Driving Line OFF

Pit Lane Assist OFF

You can turn these settings to suit yourself, the easiest being:

ABS ON

Traction Control FULL

Gears AUTOMATIC

Driving Line ON

You don't really need to change Pit Lane Assist On as you won't be pitting during the race.

Step 6.

Complete 2/3 Laps of the race and continue to race until your about to cross over the line to complete the race. DO NOT however finish the race, I found it easier to press Start as soon as I went onto the Pit straight, just in case I accidentally pressed start and crossed the line, this gave me a bit of time to correct myself if I made a mistake. You now have to turn your Driving Settings back to the settings that were given at the start of the race these being;

Braking Assist OFF

ABS ON

Traction Control MEDIUM

Gears MANUAL

Driving Line OFF

Pit Lane Assist OFF

You will know if you have turned the settings back to HARD because the CUSTOM settings will return back to the HARD option, you are now free to cross the line and finish the race.

Step 7.

You will return back to the Careers main screen, now you have completed your first race and are happy with the result, you can go to the main menu and click Save your Game, (Do not turn Autosave back ON). Repeat the steps for all other races until you mathematically win the Title and your trophy will pop.

Additional Notes.

You do not need to turn the settings back to hard if you need to restart the race or use flashbacks. As long as you turn the settings back to hard when finishing Practice/Qualifying/Racing or restarting any of the 3 sessions, you will be fine.

(thanks to Dino_roar for the tip)

I hope I addressed the issue, if anything is deemed hard to follow let me know and I will attempt to simplify further. If you find my words have helped you out to get the trophy, just try get to bump the thread so others can benefit too :)

Good luck getting your platinum!

/Potential91 - World First F1 2011 Platinum :)

Edited by potential91

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree with you, unfortunately, I find manual gears for all games a pain and I didn't want to the game to suffer because of my lack of manual gear racing. (although people could argue practice makes perfect).

I just wish the AI weren't so robotic when it comes to racing, I wish it was realistic in the form of other Drivers over-breaking corners and retiring from the race, and not just severely under-breaking round corners allowing you to just tuck in the inside and reposition your car so they can't get a fast exit :/

Edited by potential91

I'm with sevenpanda and will try and do it without using the workaround. I'm looking forward to the challenge! :D

It is funny how Codemasters switched on the autosave feature whenever you change assists, but then forgot that autosave can be turned off! In F1 2012 I bet there autosave will be permanently turned on.:p

ARG Conflicting reports everywhere.

Here everyone says that Autosave must be turned OFF.

On Xbox360Achievements I'd heard:

I got the achievement with auto save ON , just do the glitch like on F1 2010 and You will be good.

autosave has no affect apparently but i havnt tried.

Is that confirmed about switching back to hard after restartig a race?

Sometimes it takes me 2 or 3 attempts to get a decent start, but I've just been pressing :start: and restarting race....

When i got the trophy, I turned the settings back to Hard before restarting, just as a precaution, I haven't heard any confirmations that you can just restart though.

Ok so I can now confirm that you do not have to turn it back to hard in order to restart the race.

As long as you change it back before finishing the race and heading back to one of tue main screens you will be fine.

I got the trophy this morning doing it this way.

Ok so I can now confirm that you do not have to turn it back to hard in order to restart the race.

As long as you change it back before finishing the race and heading back to one of tue main screens you will be fine.

I got the trophy this morning doing it this way.

Great! I'll update the post with your confirmation

• 2 weeks later...
I see, :( The trophies themselves aren't that hard to acquire through other means. Thanks for the confirmation!

I think it works best by setting pole with your chosen assists on, and then put all the assists off and win the race. (I did it at Monaco, as it's difficult to overtake there.)

I think that's for the 'Car Control' trophy?

Halfway through the season with this method..

I think i may have mucked up..

Hopefully it comes up, will help me!

Currently with RBR and Ferrari are closing in on me second, then it's Lotus-Renault and McLaren all the way down in 5 for Constructors...Force India finishing like 19th and 20th every race!

I see, :( The trophies themselves aren't that hard to acquire through other means. Thanks for the confirmation!

Struggling to acquire them through other means, these 2 and the main trophy of this thread will probably stop me getting platinum.

Will try sevenpanda's method first

EDIT: No :(

Edited by frosteeeh21

Hm :think:

So I started my 2nd season on hard, to get this trophy, and never changes settings. I quitted yesterday after Qualifying at Monaco, and did some single GP's, online, time attacks etc. with other settings than hard.

Today I returned to my career and right before I wanted to start the Monaco GP (Race) I saw that the difficulty was changed to Custom, to what it was like with the other races I did yesterday.

Can I still get the trophy if I just set ik back to Hard and continue career?

Hm :think:

So I started my 2nd season on hard, to get this trophy, and never changes settings. I quitted yesterday after Qualifying at Monaco, and did some single GP's, online, time attacks etc. with other settings than hard.

Today I returned to my career and right before I wanted to start the Monaco GP (Race) I saw that the difficulty was changed to Custom, to what it was like with the other races I did yesterday.

Can I still get the trophy if I just set ik back to Hard and continue career?

Yes you can, I started my legend career, then went online and played some with custom settings. When i returned I started up my career and even entered practice with the settings left on custom. Backed out and changed them back to legend and still got the trophy in the end.

Crossing my Fingers, currently at Suzuka with an 80-point lead,

Coome Ooon Pleease

You should get the title now, unless something really strange happens. Good luck!

It's impossible for me without TC on, tried putting off all the assists you would do in Hard mode except TC, and I was fastest by quite a long way in the Toro Rosso.