XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > F (PS3) > F.E.A.R. 3

Old 09-30-2010, 05:37 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Scary?

i wonder if this game will b scary, n freaks me out sometimes, just like the 2nd one
Old 09-30-2010, 03:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

The thing that made FEAR 1 such a good game was, it was an action FPS with psychological scares in it.

It's harder to do this right compared to just having things jump out at you.

I also hope they can pull something scary off this time around.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
Blood_Runs_Cold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 04:00 PM   #3 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

FEAR 1 was so scary...not so much FEAR 2, but maybe that's because I was older lol.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:54 PM   #4 (permalink)

I wouldn't say FEAR 2 was anything like as scary as the original. It became a little too full of set piece battles - not that that's a bad thing, but it's difficult to be afraid of anything when you're pelting the enemy with lead from the seat of an armoured mech.

As for the storyline - I thought the cliff-hanging ending in FEAR was both pretty cool and amusing. Then came Expansion Point, which was pretty lame, reusing earlier audio clips and ending with a crappy There's No Escape I'm Afraid anticlimax for the original Point Man. Perseus Mandate was just a random shooter featuring a side plot with shallow characters and no real relevance.

The second game eventually turned up, only to offer more storyline weirdness and no real progression, unless you count *that* as progression. More like an excuse for a third game in the same universe, which had better have some actual plot development and detailed backstory rather than making you run around for 10 hours before getting a dead ghost pregnant.

7x = Ratchet & Clank, Bioshock 2, Heavy Rain, Fallout 3, Killzone 3, Deus Ex 3, Assassin's Creed II
Tufty42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
XM8

Send a message via MSN to XM8

fear 1 was by far the scariest but yes maybe that maybe because we was younger at the time but fear 2 was quite good on fear factor but i think i was expecting it more in the 2nd series. I just hope the coop in the third wont kill the fear factor!
XM8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

FEAR 2 wasn't nearly as scary as the first in the series. It was a combination of the script, the set-up pieces for the cinematic parts, and each of the encounters with Alma. From beginning to end, FEAR 1 was pretty much a fright-fest. I only bugged out in two spots in the sequel.

I think it will be pretty tough for Day 1 Studios to match the first FEAR when it comes to overall horror, but even if they don't, they should make it a decent game.

eLefAdEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 07:05 AM   #7 (permalink)

Can't really compare it to Fear 1, since I've never played that game
Old 12-16-2010, 08:30 AM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Kheapathic Send a message via Skype™ to Kheapathic

Awards Showcase Gold Submission   Guide Supplement Bronze   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Platinum Trophy Guide Submitter   Word of Mouth - Gold   2,500 Posts   PAX Meet Up   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Gold  Road Map Submitter   Member of the Month Winner   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)

The only part that got my blood pumping in the first one was most of the hallucinations from the construction site. In the second one the only level that got to me was the school level. The first one had much better pacing and atmosphere but I find myself liking the second one more.

There should be a trophy in Playstation Home for listening to "Chain Swing" 50 different times.
天および地球で私は神聖である
Kheapathic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:28 PM   #9 (permalink)

I think this game is more scary than the firts one

IGN review 8.0
Pelon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:08 PM   #10 (permalink)

Been playing a few hours on nightmare...only on level 3 if that tells you anything, so far, there's been trippy parts, but none I'd call scary.
blackout333 is offline   Reply With Quote