XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > F (PS3) > F.E.A.R. 3

Old 06-23-2011, 06:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Junk Collector and Collection Agent Challenges

I just discovered that for the Junk Collector Challenge during the story mode if you shoot just 1 shot from your SMG then walk over a fallen foes SMG you pick up just one bullet and it counts as one point toward junk collector and collection agent. This is especially good for those of us who dont use a lot of ammo and therefore do not pick up much ammo.

I know you need to do 30 challenges in one interval for a trophy so I was just posting a quick way to get these done.
Red Dead Redemption, Uncharted: Drakes Fortune
Bioshock, GTA4, The Godfather, Heavy Rain, God of War 3
So what, I'm a girl gamer

Last edited by devilish47; 06-23-2011 at 07:05 PM.
devilish47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:04 PM   #2 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Yeah, I've been using this one for a good while, thought it was no explaination needed, but good tip nonetheless.

Another good one is:

Throw a flash grenade at an enemy/enemies, and while they are blinded, go behind them and melee them.

It's good for the "Et tu brute? 2,000 pts
and "Indecent exposure: 2,500 pts

two birds, one stone.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
Blood_Runs_Cold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:07 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Runs_Cold View Post
Yeah, I've been using this one for a good while, thought it was no explaination needed, but good tip nonetheless.

Another good one is:

Throw a flash grenade at an enemy/enemies, and while they are blinded, go behind them and melee them.

It's good for the "Et tu brute? 2,000 pts
and "Indecent exposure: 2,500 pts

two birds, one stone.
Nice, I always have troble with Et tu brute!!
Red Dead Redemption, Uncharted: Drakes Fortune
Bioshock, GTA4, The Godfather, Heavy Rain, God of War 3
So what, I'm a girl gamer
devilish47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilish47 View Post
Nice, I always have troble with Et tu brute!!
No problem.. Now if we could figure out a fool proof way to get 20 kills in a row without getting hit, then we'll be onto something lol

Old 06-23-2011, 07:55 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Kheapathic Send a message via Skype™ to Kheapathic

Awards Showcase Gold Submission   Guide Supplement Bronze   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Platinum Trophy Guide Submitter   Word of Mouth - Gold   2,500 Posts   PAX Meet Up   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Gold  Road Map Submitter   Member of the Month Winner   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)

Quote:
No problem.. Now if we could figure out a fool proof way to get 20 kills in a row without getting hit, then we'll be onto something lol
Interval 3 is ideal for the 10/20 without being hit and 50/100 without retrying. Most of the enemies are melee and charge you, they also have the suicide vest guys and only a few places with the knife throwers. Then at the very end you'll have some ATC troops to kill. I managed a lot of challenges there and did not die (on INSANE). Interval 3 is a very nice points hunting ground.

There should be a trophy in Playstation Home for listening to "Chain Swing" 50 different times.
天および地球で私は神聖である
Kheapathic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 08:32 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kheapathic View Post
Interval 3 is ideal for the 10/20 without being hit and 50/100 without retrying. Most of the enemies are melee and charge you, they also have the suicide vest guys and only a few places with the knife throwers. Then at the very end you'll have some ATC troops to kill. I managed a lot of challenges there and did not die (on INSANE). Interval 3 is a very nice points hunting ground.
Very nice! I can't believe I didn't think about all the numerous enemies that DON'T shoot at you lol!

Damn, what was I thinking. Thanks for the enlightening post

Old 06-24-2011, 03:07 AM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Kheapathic Send a message via Skype™ to Kheapathic

Awards Showcase Gold Submission   Guide Supplement Bronze   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Platinum Trophy Guide Submitter   Word of Mouth - Gold   2,500 Posts   PAX Meet Up   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Gold  Road Map Submitter   Member of the Month Winner   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)

Quote:
Very nice! I can't believe I didn't think about all the numerous enemies that DON'T shoot at you lol!

Damn, what was I thinking. Thanks for the enlightening post
Yup that's what I was thinking. Interval 6 is also good but not as promising. You get the shotgun and then the monsters attack you, if you can dodge in the close quarters it's another easy 10/20. It is harder though because it's close quarters and the monsters move faster then the psychos. Once you reach the midway point of Interval 3 you're in a turkey shoot.

There should be a trophy in Playstation Home for listening to "Chain Swing" 50 different times.
天および地球で私は神聖である
Kheapathic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:29 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kheapathic View Post
Yup that's what I was thinking. Interval 6 is also good but not as promising. You get the shotgun and then the monsters attack you, if you can dodge in the close quarters it's another easy 10/20. It is harder though because it's close quarters and the monsters move faster then the psychos. Once you reach the midway point of Interval 3 you're in a turkey shoot.
Hmm. I'm thinking this will be a bit easier with Fettel. His force choke move works from pretty damn far away..

This one is deff the toughest of the challenges. Just got to find the best place to do it though. Looks like Interval 3 is going to be the best bet..

Old 06-24-2011, 04:37 PM   #9 (permalink)

Another cool little way to make some extra points on SP is the "SLideshot" challenge for 2,500 points, plus multiple others at once.

This can be done anywhere you are close to an enemy. Just go into slo-mo and slide AWAY from the enemy. The reason for this is most enemies tend to die after a slid kick. This will ensure that they live to gun down.

Once you get back up (while in slo-mo) headshot him. Don't worry, the challenge says immediately, but you have plenty of time to aim and headshot him, especially in slo-mo. You don't have to actually hit him with the slide kick for this to count, just shoot him while comeing out of one.

You get credit towards these challenges:

slo-mo kill
headshot kill
Slideshot
Pistol/SMG/ETC weapon kill

all in one move.