Time through pure boosting

Does anyone have an approx. time it would take to get the 4 star general trophy through pure boosting? Just wondering if it is worth it to pick it up or not as I am anal about having incomplete games, particularly multiplayer ones.

well, if you boost with enough people (8 players) you can easily get 10000 xp per hour, which means that you get the million in 100 hours of game time, but you also have to take into account the time to set up games and the time wasted (wrong players in the room, game crashes, not enough boosters), so in reality it takes about 120 - 140 hours.

I got it playing almost everyday for 2 and a half months (1 or 2 hours a day, more on weekends), although sometimes i wasnt always playing FEAR 2. I got platinum in 3 or 4 other games while i boosted this trophy.

• 1 month later...
well, if you boost with enough people (8 players) you can easily get 10000 xp per hour, which means that you get the million in 100 hours of game time, but you also have to take into account the time to set up games and the time wasted (wrong players in the room, game crashes, not enough boosters), so in reality it takes about 120 - 140 hours.

I got it playing almost everyday for 2 and a half months (1 or 2 hours a day, more on weekends), although sometimes i wasnt always playing FEAR 2. I got platinum in 3 or 4 other games while i boosted this trophy.

Is that the time for just one person or everybody boosting?

If it's for everyone, can't you cut the time by owning 2 ps3 and 2 copies of the game, and playing someone with the same setup?

The 120 hours is for everybody boosting, since all the players get close to the same amount of xp. If you have 2 people with two copies, you could cut time, if you never switch sides (the attackers always take the same point, and the defenders only clear it but dont take it back), this way the attackers do get a lot more xp. In the chat room they sometimes call this Megaboosting, and most likely cut the grinding to 80 hours or less.

Im guessing this means that you would have to create a dummy account to play as the defender so you get the plat with your main account and you would have to play with one controller in each hand manipulating both sides almost at the same time (moving them back and forth).

Also, you probably have to join the match in a specific order, since you cant choose sides, so as to make sure that the players going for the xp always end up on the same team.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The 120 hours is for everybody boosting, since all the players get close to the same amount of xp. If you have 2 people with two copies, you could cut time, if you never switch sides (the attackers always take the same point, and the defenders only clear it but dont take it back), this way the attackers do get a lot more xp. In the chat room they sometimes call this Megaboosting, and most likely cut the grinding to 80 hours or less.

Im guessing this means that you would have to create a dummy account to play as the defender so you get the plat with your main account and you would have to play with one controller in each hand manipulating both sides almost at the same time (moving them back and forth).

Also, you probably have to join the match in a specific order, since you cant choose sides, so as to make sure that the players going for the xp always end up on the same team.

I remember doing it with 4 players on the map the required planting and diarming bombs. You are saying that the mech maps give more xp per hour?

You are probably correct, but what if it was with only 4 players? wouldn't that change the amount of xp earned to the bomb maps giving more per hour?

Not sure on this...