Rate the trophy difficulty.  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty.

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_8.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 7.80

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Platinum Difficulty Summary:

Getting the platinum in F.E.A.R. 2 is almost impossible for an average gamer due to a huge amount of multiplayer trophies virtually unattainable without boosting or grinding - although no real skill is needed here, the platinum requires quite some endurance and patience. Even the easiest online trophies prove difficult with Project Origin’s unfriendly online interface, constant freezing and lack of players, so if you want to have them in your collection, prepare for hours of waiting and searching for servers.

Singleplayer, on the other hand, has some of the easiest trophies around: You’ll get 14 of them by simply completing the campaign, one gold for doing it on the highest difficulty (which is not hard at all), three bronzes and two silvers for finding collectibles and finally ten bronzes for fulfilling tasks like getting ten headshots with the sniper rifle or using 50 pieces of interactable cover.

This game is a great choice if you want to grab some easy trophies, but only the most hardcore gamers will show the patience and dedication needed for the platinum.

Edited by Darth_Krid

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

In single player campaign you'll get the trophies in a couple of play-throughs no trouble.

Online Multi-Player trohpies on the other hand are going to be a nightmare, simply becasue there are so many issues (freezing, awful balancing & endless server faults) making online play, well, unplayable. The 1 mil XP one seems unreachable with so many other great online games out there.

SP Trophies = 2/10

MP Trohpies = 9/10

• 3 weeks later...

I rated it 10. I would be willing to invest my 200 hours of multiplayer...

...IF THE GAME WOULD RUN PROPERLY :mad:

Empty servers, game crashes - and no patch coming up. I doubt there will ever be one. So: Enjoyed the campaign - and dumped the multiplayer.

• 3 months later...

10 for sure.

The single player is easy and pretty fun. The multiplayer is awful though, playing a game for 15 minutes then getting booted or having it freeze on the way out so you get no ep makes it near impossible to get a million, never mind some of the others. Ugh!

• 3 weeks later...

I give this game a 9.

The single player trophies are a joke compared to part ones achievements, but the multiplayer is almost immposible.

Let me explain: It WAS doable at first when the game came out, but only 7 months after release, and the mp is a graveyard.

This game is not COD, so nobody plays it. That being said, the hours and hours of playing this game with full rooms could have been ok, but now, if you are just starting to play the multiplayer, there is almost no way to get that kind of xp in the game with the handful of players that are on today.

Just wait until Modern Warfare comes out, and there will probably be no one in the lobbies at all.

• 3 weeks later...
10 for sure.

The single player is easy and pretty fun. The multiplayer is awful though, playing a game for 15 minutes then getting booted or having it freeze on the way out so you get no ep makes it near impossible to get a million, never mind some of the others. Ugh!

I haven't played it yet, you can't host your own server? I can host some pretty diesel Fat Princess servers(20 people) where my friend can only host 10. So if it has to do with hosting it's obviously the people playing. And that's what boosting is for, or do you get only like, 50 EP per match? There has to be some sort of exploit in getting a ton of EP per match and once again, that's what boosting is for. The blinded and kill 3 people sounds hard if they were all at the same time, otherwise, it's easy boosting. It doesn't sound as difficult as people make it out to be, as long as you have someone else to do all this with.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This game was a 7 back when it first came out but now...its a 10.

Anyone who actually cared enough about this game is gone so....whats left? A bunch of curious people who have no clue what is going on.

So yeah...its almost impossible to find 8 people to grind for hours with in Armored Front.

Its not worth anyone's time, savor it.:whistle:

(P)Master Blaster = impossible

• 4 weeks later...
I have the plat..

but i have to say, IT WAS MY HARDEST PLAT after GTA4

LOL Hey bay!!! Yes this was a hard plat... Im working on GTA4 now and reading your post is discouraging LOL.

If you want a platinum for this game I suggest starting a chat room and finding people who also want the platinum and coordinate the boosting from there. That is how I did it.

• 1 month later...

I mean, there is nothing, absolutly nothing, that makes this game hard. The offline mode is very cool, if u have experience in FPS and u like the gendre u will enjoy it so much and u will have no difficult on get every trophy during the very first playtrhrough. And there is absolutly nothing hard about the online trophies, that are all boostables, the only (GREAT) problem is that to get 1million xp u have to play at least (and i say AT LEAST) 130 hours the same boring stuff!!! And most people will, for sure, give up after 8-10 hours i guess... thats the only thing that make this an hard platinum.

I have the plat..

but i have to say, IT WAS MY HARDEST PLAT after GTA4

Nooo... GTA online dont take so long as this and is not this boring! I gave 6 to GTA, i mean... i use also to give 9 (Mirror's Edge) and 8 (Mercenaries 2, WET), but only if a game require a great skill, when a game require only time, but is easy, well... ok u can give one point more for time consuming, but i dont agree if u give an high rate only for that reason. Anyway, i tell u this... they had to make this plat very shorter than AT LEAST 150 TOTAL hours, we everybody can agree on this... period

• 3 weeks later...