Trophy Boosting Thread (Read First Post!)

Webb

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/news/boosting1.png

Trophy Boosting Thread

What your post should at least include (but not limited to):

1. Your PSN ID
  2. Online trophies you're wanting to boost
  3. Your time zone

To make everyone's life easier during boosting, please ensure you're familiar with the methods used to boost this game before you start.

If the boosting method requires a group to be organized and set up, please keep all discussions and planning in the boosting thread. Please do not create another thread.

Boosting Method:

If you feel that there's a much better and more preferred boosting method for certain online trophies not found in this thread or in the Trophy Guide, please post it in the

Feedback Forums. Please do not post here, as it will be missed.

Boosting rules, read before starting to boost: LINK

See the linked Trophy Guide for for details on how to boost all the trophies.

There were no boosting tips so here's my experience.*

XP Boosting- This is where you will spend 90% of your time with FEAR 2. First, you need at least 3 other buddies with you to boost. I recommend getting in the FEAR 2 Project Platinum chat room. It has a few guys popping in and out, but it has died off. When there are 4 in chat, everybody counts and says "me". That means you are ready to boost. When there are at least 4 "me"s, create a server.*

Create an armored front game on Meltdown (correct me if I am wrong) with the number of players equalling the number of "me"s.

If you are on the team that starts on 1, capture points 1-4. If you are on the team that starts on 5, capture 4 and return to 5. Boosting XP begins now. The team that is on point 5 will capture it repeatedly until 7:30 remains on the clock. The team that starts on 1 neutralizes point 5 until there are 3/5 green bars and backs away. Always remember to stay out of the cap zone. You will know when you are in the cap zone when capping is slow.*

At 7:30 left on the clock, the team that was capping helps the other team. The neutralizing team goes to point 1, and the other team caps points 5-2. The same applies to the rounds end. There are no points for winning.*

Lastly, to avoid fighting, follow the golden rule for boosting, NEVER kill!*

Non XP trophies- simply start a game and follow the trophy guide. It does a great job of explaining them. They don't take long. *

There are several "How to" Fear Boost on YouTube. Also, please check LowIce's thread for points totals. It is accurate, and you should hit that total every time if you are doing a good job.*

Edited by Terminator
Added new boosting info.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I'm up for it if anyone wants to. Though I imagine I'll be playing FEAR 2 more often than enough to get all of the trophies on my own eventually. So, whatever. I will definately be playing it alot, regardless of whether or not I'm boosting, so send me a message if you want to give it a go I suppose.

Yeah I got a bunch thanks to 3 friends, but what I really need is some night owls for the weekday boosting since I work weekends to knock out my last 9 online trophies minus the rank up ones and the City Planner. I'll be starting to boost Sunday night after work until about when I crash.