Maybe servers won't be shutting down?

I've noticed that the other games in the line of WB Games that will be shutting down have been given a notice in the game itself. Has anyone booted up F.E.A.R. 2 recently and seen a message that says matchmaking won't be available after May 31st like WB did with Guardians of Middle Earth and Gotham City Impostors? Can't really check with MK since it's saved, but maybe the Vita version has a message?

I'll check when I get home, but it's just a thought.

Hi Psience.

I'm not so sure about that. For 2 reasons:

1. Gotham City and GoME are kind of new games and both have a more social HUD. But FEAR 2 is an older game and it doesn't have that kind of notifications.

2. But the most important thing, is 2 months ago when GameSpy servers were down for 3 days, we couldn't boost during those days either. :(

Hi Psience.

I'm not so sure about that. For 2 reasons:

1. Gotham City and GoME are kind of new games and both have a more social HUD. But FEAR 2 is an older game and it doesn't have that kind of notifications.

2. But the most important thing, is 2 months ago when GameSpy servers were down for 3 days, we couldn't boost during those days either. :(

This^

FEAR 2 has no in-game messaging system except for DLC announcements and the one message that is there, hasn't changed in years. Alex is right about what happened a couple of months back, for 3 days you couldn't even get into the Unranked servers, let alone the Ranked ones :(. When the inevitable happens in 2 weeks time, this game will be 100% unPlatinumable :(.

• 2 weeks later...

FEAR 2 has no in-game messaging system except for DLC announcements and the one message that is there, hasn't changed in years. Alex is right about what happened a couple of months back, for 3 days you couldn't even get into the Unranked servers, let alone the Ranked ones :(. When the inevitable happens in 2 weeks time, this game will be 100% unPlatinumable :(.

Glad I saw this to confirm what I told a friend of mine. People say this is a peer to peer server. Many people have said that only the leaderboards are going down and should not affect trophies at all BUT When you boosting this game and go to a 3 star general...EVEN IF you have the required points your character in game only shows 3 star general status when the leaderboard updates. SO I do not know if this would affect trophies if the servers stay but leaderboard goes.:confused:

A friend of mine phoned WB Games direct and the manager told him that he does not know whats happening with the Fear2 servers. Hopefully the guys out there boosting are going to make it just to be on the safe side. I guess we can only wait and see what happens after the 31/5/2014

Edited by WRAITH017

It's best to assume that the servers are going to be shut down. Though the game is peer-to-peer, the name authentication service that is called when you initially connect is hosted by GameSpy. When this service is unavailable (as it was for a few days earlier this year), players are unable to connect to the multiplayer at all.

Yes they are. The developers/publishers don't give a damn and once GameSpy gets shutdown, you won't even be able to login to the un-Ranked servers as you'll get an error message and be kicked out back to the Main Menu :(. The minimum time to (P) is 95hrs, the max is 200hrs+ so even with Mega Boosting, you'd never make it in the 5 days you have left :(.

Edited by Terminator
Fixed typo.

It's just stupid they can even put trophies like this in games. The only way to get them is to boost them. I bet it would take 600 plus hours to do it with out boosting. Plus when the servers close like this it destroys any chance to ever get the platinum. Know one has that much time to play one game and online trophies should be a thing of the past.