Boosting info needed (NOT a boosting thread)

Since it looks like the servers for this are going to be switched off on May 31st 2014, I need to know exactly what it takes to efficiently and quickly boost the MP trophies for this. Any and all info will be great fully received :). EDIT: Please note that this is NOT a boosting thread.

Edited by Terminator
Rephrased.

If you haven't started, don't, it sucks

But

Most of MP trophies can be boosted easily with the right/min number of people

Xp

Is where the pain and stress comes, people don't listen or follow the rules.

Something to take note of is that you don't need the crowd the box, if you pay attention to your HUD you'll know when your capturing and/or effecting the other teams capture.

Since it looks like the servers for this are going to be switched off on May 31st 2014, I need to know exactly what it takes to efficiently and quickly boost the MP trophies for this. Any and all info will be great fully received :). EDIT: Please note that this is NOT a boosting thread.

I agree with the previous poster. If you haven't started yet, don't.

That being said, if you choose to do it anyways, you can add me. I'm in the same group that alexfranco60 is in.

What's the best order to do the MP trophies? Is it best to get the XP stuff out the way then mop up or leave the XP until last?

I'd say the priority is to focus on the XP. Try to boost XP all the time you can.

I mean, if there are 10 people on the chat boosting XP, go on with them.

But if there are just 4-5 people, ask them if they wanna mop up the miscellanous trophies.

The mop up can be completed in about 2 hrs for 1 person. So i'd say, boost XP all the time you see people doing that.

At the moment i'm writing this post, there are 16 ppl on the chat (including myself). So add simula67 or me and we'll gladly invite you

In your opinion, what is the fastest time you can get all the MP trophies in? I ask as I need to know how much time I need to allocate so I can boost and still get my Guide Team duties done.

IMHO, i would say 2 hours for the miscellanous trophies (but if you are helping the other 3 guys, that would be 8 hours).

And for the XP boost... each match lasts 15 minutes, so you would say that you can play 4 matches per hour, but being honest... its 3 matches per hour (for the time you spend re hosting and stuff)

You do an average of 300 pts per match (if you boost 2vs2)

But if you boost 4vs4 or more, you do an average of 400 pts

1 point = 7 xp

That's 2.100 xp with 4 people or 2.800 xp with 8+ people.

Or 6.300 xp /hour with 4 people

8.400 xp /hour with 8+ people.

Doing the math, it would be ~158 hours with 4 people or ~120 hours with 8+ people.

(I'm boosting while i write this, so forgive if i'm not being very clear :p )

IMHO, i would say 2 hours for the miscellanous trophies (but if you are helping the other 3 guys, that would be 8 hours).

And for the XP boost... each match lasts 15 minutes, so you would say that you can play 4 matches per hour, but being honest... its 3 matches per hour (for the time you spend re hosting and stuff)

You do an average of 300 pts per match (if you boost 2vs2)

But if you boost 4vs4 or more, you do an average of 400 pts

1 point = 7 xp

That's 2.100 xp with 4 people or 2.800 xp with 8+ people.

Or 6.300 xp /hour with 4 people

8.400 xp /hour with 8+ people.

Doing the math, it would be ~158 hours with 4 people or ~120 hours with 8+ people.

(I'm boosting while i write this, so forgive if i'm not being very clear :p )

I can verify that this math is roughly correct. It's also the reason I personally never buckled down and did it. I got probably 200k or so playing the game when it was still relatively alive, and just couldn't take it anymore.

100+ hours of doing the EXACT same thing over and over again is too much for me.

Blimey and I thought Far Cry 2 and Red Faction: Guerrilla were bad, I need to get some things straight in the real world before I attempt this so I don't burn out like I did with FC2 :(.

It's a huge burn. That said, the other guys in this thread who say they're boosting seem to have a chat set up. Having others to talk to (for 100+ hours...) can certainly HELP, but I'd probably suggest having a tv show set up to keep you sane. It's seriously mind-numbing.

There is a faster way to boost, but you need 2 PS3s/accounts, 2 copies of the game, 2 controllers, at least one other person with the same setup and a fair amount of dexterity. Put your main accounts all on one team and your alt accounts on the other. It's the same strategy as the normal xp boost, except you don't switch at the 7:30 mark because you are just boosting against your alternate accounts. You can get 600+ points (4200 xp) every 15 min with just one other person. It's also nice because there are less people to screw the round up. Cuts the boost in half for the most part, it's just takes some getting use to because you have to control two different characters at the same time. Let me know if anyone has questions or is interested.

wow i never thought people were still boosting this, as 1 of the owners of this platinum. i suggest you stay away from this as you will not get this done by may. But then again you might if you mega boost. a few people have mentioned here already, to everyone going for the platinum i wish you the best of luck, when the platinum trophy pops its like a massive boulder has been lifted off your shoulders. it roughly took me 2 in a half months to get this platinum although i was playing constantly. you really do need alot of fre time on your hands if your to get this platinum by may.

Good luck. :D

In your opinion, what is the fastest time you can get all the MP trophies in? I ask as I need to know how much time I need to allocate so I can boost and still get my Guide Team duties done.

All the trophies prob 120-140 hrs

It's been a while since I played but you can stack trophies in deathmatch

-untouchable

-monogamous fragger

-I'll take those odds

-bloodbath

-flash dance

You don't really need to boost

-finishing first

Either you'll get it during the deathmatch boost or eventually in XP boost

I don't remember Blitz or Control point

There is a faster way to boost, but you need 2 PS3s/accounts, 2 copies of the game, 2 controllers, at least one other person with the same setup and a fair amount of dexterity. Put your main accounts all on one team and your alt accounts on the other. It's the same strategy as the normal xp boost, except you don't switch at the 7:30 mark because you are just boosting against your alternate accounts. You can get 600+ points (4200 xp) every 15 min with just one other person. It's also nice because there are less people to screw the round up. Cuts the boost in half for the most part, it's just takes some getting use to because you have to control two different characters at the same time. Let me know if anyone has questions or is interested.

That method is not practical for me as I don't have a second PS3 nor know anyone locally that does.

All the trophies prob 120-140 hrs

It's been a while since I played but you can stack trophies in deathmatch

-untouchable

-monogamous fragger

-I'll take those odds

-bloodbath

-flash dance

You don't really need to boost

-finishing first

Either you'll get it during the deathmatch boost or eventually in XP boost

I don't remember Blitz or Control point

I've got the DM trophies out of the way along with the ones for Failsafe and playing for 8hrs :). I should get most of the other non-xp Trophies this afternoon, apart from the one for destroying 100 Combat Ops as that's going to take ages.

Guys, I must be insane as I've just ordered a copy of FEAR2. I always wanted to play it (was on my list of games to get at some point) so the servers shutdown has just raised tne ante!

It should arrive tomorrow and then I have a bit of time off from work due to holiday and days off, so I'd like to join in with your boosting please, if that's OK?

Terminator, I will send you a friend request next time I am online mate.

I have two PS3's and two copies of the game. I might boost this. I've boosted some of it already and the only thing worse is Warhawk. How many people does it take to start a match? The only trophies I have left are xp/rank trophies. I never tried the two PS3 method though.

Edited by UndergroundHipHopHead