Noob guide to boosting.

I've been XP boosting for 100+hrs and thought I'd really give a better "how to".

This will help you new guys get a better grip on the boost method. I am not going to go into specific details, you are all gamers and should grasp the concept after a few matches.

I advice you to watch the video to get a general idea and I will be parts of the video as referance points.

Right of the bat, I want you to notice 4 things from the video.

1. Your HUD shows 5 numbers beneath the count down timer.
  2. The control box has a circle w/ 5 bars within it.
  3. Your teams color is green
  4. The opposing teams color is red.

So the concept of XP Boost is to volley (capture/neutralize) back and forth at two control boxes, 1 and 5.

But you first you should try to understand that the control box has a capture/neutraize perimeter or if it helps, think of the control box of having its own personal space.

If you are IN that space you are capturing/neutralizing and if you ae out of space you are not.

And biggest and only indicator that tells you if you are in the perimeter. Is that the number on your HUD will be flashing.

It won't be flashing if you are out of the perimiter. And the flashing number is your indicator if you backed away far enough.

Most won't get the importance of being at the edge of the perimieter over being right up against the box. Till they play a 5v5 or 6v6 and accidently capture the box and end the match.

So I advice those just starting out, take the first match you play to find that perimeter.

So again a quick run down.

volley (capture/neutralize) back and forth at two control boxes, 1 and 5.

Spawn team 1, moves foward to control box 5, capturing control boxes 1-4.

While team 1 is moving foward to team 5, team five will capture boxes 4 & 5 and wait for team one at control box 5.

Once teams 1 arival, control box 5 will be red w/ 5 red bars.

Here is where you volley starts, control box 5 will be red, team 1 neutralizes to 3 green bars. Team five does a full capture. Repeat till 7:50-7:40 mark.

Team 1 goes back to control box 5

Team 5 captures boxes 5-2 and volleys control box 1.

The dissapointments.

You will freeze throughout boost, Could be 3 games could be 10, but you will freeze.

This can be a soft freeze where its just a restart or a hard freeze where the ps3 will do a system check. Meaning fear could bring you the YLOD. So save your shit.

XP is also very glitchy, it can freeze players if you kill.

You don't always have 4v4 match, its usually 2v2 or 3v3 which gets you 320-380 game points (x7 game points to get xp)

You don't get 4 rounds in an hr, 3 will be the most. This is b/c of load time and lobby setup. Oh and kicking out the randoms who will fuck up your boost.

Along with the rules on the video another big rule is NOT to stand right next to the control box. Once you fuck up and capture all and end the game, you'll understand of keeping your distance is better.

Expect 120-150+ hrs of XP boost.

Expect to fight, get angry, fustrated in boosting. You will be with most of these guys hrs on end. Shit will go down, deal with it apologize and move on.

Remember boosters make more XP with a bigger group, they will say NO to your MP boost request. So ask when its slow and ask after you built some cred with the boosters.

Lingo

1/5 - neutralize to 1 bar out of 5

2/5 - neutralize to 2 bar out of 5

3/5 - neutralize to 3 bars out of 5, game is usually done at 3/5

Cap All - capture all, some thing got fucked up, capture all boxes to end match

Mega - dumb concept IMO where you volley one team for 15 min. then volley the other for 15 min, which nets you LESS points than 2 regular 15 min matches.

-happy boosting

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, be sure to have this posted in the Trophy boosting tips thread, so they can add it to first page. I hope this doesn't get deleted.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/feedback/125324-games-need-boosting-tips.html

Why capture 3/5 bars? Has anyone proven this to give more XP than just a straight retake?

Isn't it just a point per recapture/capture?

So wouldn't capping 3/5 bars just be a waste of time (minimal amount, but adds up)?

Edited by Xander45
please use the edit function instead of double posting

• 1 year later...
Why capture 3/5 bars? Has anyone proven this to give more XP than just a straight retake?

Isn't it just a point per recapture/capture?

So wouldn't capping 3/5 bars just be a waste of time (minimal amount, but adds up)?

This^

I've never understood why you have to go at 3/5, I would have though 2/5 would be better as then you stand less chance of accidentally capturing the Control Point :think:. 2 more big no-nos are, do not fire off any explosives and definitely do not get in the Power Armour as doing either can crash the server so everyone loses :mad:.

Also, here are a couple of XP Videos:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDfCocubHr8]F.E.A.R. 2 HOW TO BOOST XP - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xVUvNreRNo]How to Mega Boost on F.E.A.R 2 : Project Origin. [Commentary] - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by Terminator
Added extra info.

This^

I've never understood why you have to go at 3/5, I would have though 2/5 would be better as then you stand less chance of accidentally capturing the Control Point :think:. 2 more big no-nos are, do not fire off any explosives and definitely do not get in the Power Armour as doing either can crash the server so everyone loses :mad:.

Also, here are a couple of XP Videos:

How to Mega Boost on F.E.A.R 2 : Project Origin. [Commentary] - YouTube

When a team fully captures a control point, they receive objective points equal to the number of bars the opposite team had captured it to plus the total number of bars.

So, when the neutralizing team captures a point to 3/5, they're granting the capturing team 8 total objective points when the capturing team fully captures it. The neutralizing team always gains 1 point for neutralizing, no matter if it goes to 1/5, 2/5, 3/5, or 4/5. That's why when the capturing team does not allow the neutralizing team to do 3/5, they are only hurting themselves.

If you're on the team that starts at control point 5, you'll notice that when the match is half over and you are capturing points 4, 3, and 2 on your way back to 1 that you will be getting 10 points per capture since the other team had fully captured them prior.

Not sure I explained this well enough, but I hope you understand. The short answer is that capturing 3/5 gets more points for everyone.

Edited by simula67

When a team fully captures a control point, they receive objective points equal to the number of bars the opposite team had captured it to plus the total number of bars.

So, when the neutralizing team captures a point to 3/5, they're granting the capturing team 8 total objective points when the capturing team fully captures it. The neutralizing team always gains 1 point for neutralizing, no matter if it goes to 1/5, 2/5, 3/5, or 4/5. That's why when the capturing team does not allow the neutralizing team to do 3/5, they are only hurting themselves.

If you're on the team that starts at control point 5, you'll notice that when the match is half over and you are capturing points 4, 3, and 2 on your way back to 1 that you will be getting 10 points per capture since the other team had fully captured them prior.

Not sure I explained this well enough, but I hope you understand. The short answer is that capturing 3/5 gets more points for everyone.

Great! Much appreciated, thank you. Great explanation.

Thank you for the info, I'll digest it in the morning when my mind is fresh :).

• 1 month later...

In short, after the opposition neutralize, if you take it back, at:

0/5: 5 points

1/5: 6 points

2/5: 7 points

3/5: 8 points

4/5: 9 points

5/5: 10 points (dunno if this possible lol)

Fully capture will only grant 5 points? i dont remember

Why 3/5 not 4/5? Coz its damn risky, especially if you are boosting with odd numbers

Why not 0/5 instead? Coz you will get lesser exp coz we are humans (except for terminator :p), if we do more back and forth, more errors we will do and more time lost due to transition between back and

forth.

Why not capturing at CP 2,3 or 4? Coz its slower to cap these points compared to point 1 or 5

Why dont we just ignore other CPs and then just do 1 or 5, so that if the team accidentally capture it the game will not over? In Armored Front, you need to capture it in sequence.

Team A (ATC I think): 1>2>3>4>5.

Team B (replica i think): 5>4>3>2>1

Edited by ntahla