Plat Review - 2 Thumbs Down

TheRedChord

Beware: This platinum is extremely LONG, TEDIOUS, and BORING. :wall:

This game is (was) great casual fun with my daughter - that's why I have it in the first place - and I figured the Plat couldn't be too bad. No, it's not hard... but grinding the treadmill, fishing, and airplane mini-games is enough to drive a person mad. Plus all of the "Pet Report" prizes are just ridiculous. I love trophies, don't get me wrong, but this is the first one I almost feel ashamed for spending so much time going after. I guess the road-map lays it out for you though - 30+ hours, so I knew what I was getting into... Just know that if you decide to go after this, you're going to have a long repetitive grind ahead of you regardless of how quick and easy you think it will be.

I never want to play EyePet again. Of course though, if my lovely daughter asks me to, I will! ;)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have to agree with the the OP in that this has been one of the most tedious and boring platinums I've come across so far. Difficult? Not really. Just absolutely boring.

I also started playing it with my daughter, but of course, my OCD would not allow me to leave unfinished games in my trophy list so I decided to platinum the game. Getting through the Day X challenges at gold level wasn't bad and occasionally was somewhat fun, but when I got to the prize collecting, the snore fest began.

The plane wasnt too bad. Sure flying up and down for 10-15 minutes waiting on a prize to randomly appear wasn't fun, but at least I knew it would come eventually.

The treadmill... I can remember multiple occasions where I ran the treadmill the entire way through and didn't see a prize, or the prize would pop waaaay up at the top level where the gold stars are and if you hadn't timed your jump correctly, too bad, start over!

And having to catch fish after fish after fish for 20 minutes waiting on ONE of the many random fishing prizes drove me just about bonkers. I understand it's random and some people may have gotten them faster, but for me, it was awful.

I only have 6 prizes left to collect, all in the gardening set. I've cleared and replanted all of my flower spots several times over now since my last gardening prize and I'm getting pretty frustrated with this one too.

I can't wait til this is over! While my kids love playing the game, I cannot in good conscience recommend it for anyone over the age of 10, even if its just for the trophies!

• 2 months later...

I started playing it 2 years ago with my niece but she's doesn't come round as much to play it so I started to continue myself and it is very boring because for some reason some of the outfits vanished from my list. I remember getting the space suit and I need that to fly into space to catch a shooting star but I cant because the suit is gone.

The eyepet seems to want to bloody scratch my hand when I try to stroke it and with that cant so the stroke 30 sec a day trophy the room is well lit in day time just doesn't want to respond properly. I'm going to try and get as much for trophies as I can and then get rid