1,000 point Star Tracer help

Trip

Been trying to get this for awhile... yes I know I'm not the target market, kid got it and I figure why not get the plat. Can be achieved in one day I'm sure. But for star tracer I can't seem to clear 600 points of the required 1,000. I know how well they're copied effects the score, not sure about speed. Can't seem to reach it. Any tips?

• 2 weeks later...
Having trouble with the trophy as well. GF and myself gets 700+ points at most :(

Managed to get the trophy! Got around 1100+ points! Not sure how I got it though LOL.

But I did hover around the dots (stars) longer before moving off. Not sure if this helps, as for the first 3 patterns I did the same and got shitty scores. But I got huge scores for the last 2 patterns!

Managed to get the trophy! Got around 1100+ points! Not sure how I got it though LOL.

But I did hover around the dots (stars) longer before moving off. Not sure if this helps, as for the first 3 patterns I did the same and got shitty scores. But I got huge scores for the last 2 patterns!

Gonna give it a try tonight.;)

took me a few hours but i learnt the trick... It doesnt matter how slow or fast you go,...... you just need to as acurately as possible copy the same motion as the stars.... the points are awarded (or deducted) for anytime that the smoke does not touch the invisible line betweent the stars!

my first 20 tries I got no more then 450 a time.. but then I was getting around 1350..... just practice.. take your time and try and trace the line perfectly eith the smoke!

good luck guys!

WILL MAKE A VIDEO IF YOU LIKE< JUST PRIV MESS ME

***(just to add to phish5529)***

after the 100th time. Here's what I did: Start with the rocket 's tail at the first star to be traced( you will have to adjust the rocket by holding down the move button and pointing the crosshair in the direction you want to travel in) and then click the t button(one on back of move controller) Then click the move button while having the crosshair about 2 rocketships distances away as your starting to quickly trace over the pattern of stars with the rocket's smoke. If your not going over the stars then quickly press the t button to reset. ( You will not get penalized for it) Repete above steps. Remember to always line up the first star with the rocket's tail.

Hope what I said wasn't confusing and does help

Good luck

Edited by AUGUSTUS007

Video would help us a lot man ;-)

IMO, I do'nt think you need a video

It's just someting that you need to feel and practice several times. Just take the above advice. There are some different star patters that will come out too. So, it;s not exactly the same all the time.

Good luck

IMO, I do'nt think you need a video

It's just someting that you need to feel and practice several times. Just take the above advice. There are some different star patters that will come out too. So, it;s not exactly the same all the time.

Good luck

yeah, you were right, no video is needed, I was just wondering if someone is that kinda PRO that can get +1k every time played. I got luckily 1007 points after like 1000 tries so... mostly I was getting around 800-900 so I was getting mad but once I made it ;-) So good luck to everyone doing that. :applause:

yeah, you were right, no video is needed, I was just wondering if someone is that kinda PRO that can get +1k every time played. I got luckily 1007 points after like 1000 tries so... mostly I was getting around 800-900 so I was getting mad but once I made it ;-) So good luck to everyone doing that. :applause:

LOL not a pro but I managed to get it 4 times while playing for the coins till someone on this forum showed us an easier way by drawing UFOs. : )

Edited by AUGUSTUS007

it doesn't seem to matter if you do any smoke next to it but you must complete the illuminated lines between the stars as far i get it so go form star one to the second star then line up with the star and then go to the next one and at the end go back again it seems to work for me got 1277 and got platty

Edited by Novatic

Got it by sheer fluke, on the one shaped like an M I went through each star, circled round and came back at it. So while headed up and right, I would circle round after the star and come back into it facing down and right straight to the next.

Got 500 points on that, did that before though and only got 60-70 points...wt?

All I need now is the Red Bull challenge to plat GT5......should be a piece of the proverbial after this one ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks guys, got almost 2k (around 1.8-1.9k) :p

I think the max per time is 500, because I got that once, and it was far from perfect, which makes me think it's all about making sure you draw lines on pretty much the whole line, doesn't matter if you miss anything. I don't care to test again (the game really sucks big time), but this seemed to work for me. Also just tapping made it a lot easier to turn without going off the line, but again I don't know if going outside the line makes any difference. I just tried to follow every tip in this thread, and it worked.

Any more tips on this one? I think I tried over 50 times with no result. Sometimes I get 500 points and sometimes only 20 for doing the exact same thing. This is frustrating as hell..

Does someone has a video or can tell the logic of this game?

Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Any more tips? I've tried a few hours now and can't break 600. I think a video would really help if anyone is so inclined. I've read all the words but I'm not understanding something about this. Sure is a hard trophy for a game rated 2 ;)

Its the turns at the stars I don't understand, if I go slow, I end up drawing circles around the stars, is this OK? seems like you should be able to turn the smoke on and off to make the trace easier.

Edited by xspeed

Any more tips? I've tried a few hours now and can't break 600. I think a video would really help if anyone is so inclined. I've read all the words but I'm not understanding something about this. Sure is a hard trophy for a game rated 2 ;)

Its the turns at the stars I don't understand, if I go slow, I end up drawing circles around the stars, is this OK? seems like you should be able to turn the smoke on and off to make the trace easier.

Do as I said, tap the button instead... I got almost 2000 points on first attempt trying to do that.

Feel sorry for you, I went ahead and sold the game as fast as I could after I had got the platinum. Such a horrible game.

Edited by MMDE