Explodemon-Anyone Played It?

Banacheckfps

What about S-ranks? I got all the collectibles, max level, and all 9 goals on stage 1 and beat it with a fairly good time and all I get is A-rank. Don't tell me I have to beat the par time AND get the Explodicons?!?!!?

I'm not sure what the actual S-rank criteria is, I only have one in 1-2, but time is definitely NOT a factor, you can take as long as you need. I do know you have to get 10 explodicons, finish with max explosion level and get all 9 goals. There might be a minimum requirement for enemies defeated and credits gained too. Getting hit or dying doesn't seem to effect it as long as you gain back any charge you lose. I seem to get better ranks if I talk to everyone in the stage but I don't know if that actually effects it.

Collecting the regular Speedchargers also doesn't make any difference to your rank so don't worry if you miss one.

Edited by Ultra Mantis
Added note about speedchargers

I'm not sure what the actual S-rank criteria is, I only have one in 1-2, but time is definitely NOT a factor, you can take as long as you need. I do know you have to get 10 explodicons, finish with max explosion level and get all 9 goals. There might be a minimum requirement for enemies defeated and credits gained too. Getting hit or dying doesn't seem to effect it as long as you gain back any charge you lose. I seem to get better ranks if I talk to everyone in the stage but I don't know if that actually effects it.

Collecting the regular Speedchargers also doesn't make any difference to your rank so don't worry if you miss one.

Thanks for the tips, I'll give it another go! :)

I'm debating picking up the game. Blog reviews are iffy and user reviews are all over the place....

I agree. I think this will be something I'll wait to go on the PSN Special offers before I buy it. On a side note the name suggest a game similar to Poke'mon and not Mega Man. I was thinking this was a Poke'mon rip off and I was more interested in the game thinking that. Now I know it's a Mega Man rip off I'm not as excited.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I just bought this today and I'm loving it. Tried the demo when it came and I always meant to buy it. Well worth the money, I'm just surprised there are no guides out yet. I guess it must not be selling well.

The trophies are not difficult.

Only "Duocuple Frag!" and "Sticky Ball" require a guide.

• 7 months later...