Has anyone had this xbox360 problem?

AstroDuck

Out of the series of problems i've had with the 360 one stood out the most.

The disc tray would open and close automatically, even when the power was turned off. i had to unplug it from the wall to stop it. its was freaky because the system would spontaniously start up on its own or randomly open the disc tray. Me and my friend were luaghing at it when it went into some episode where it repeatedly opened and closed the disc tray in a violent "the excorcist" manor. LOL.

Anyone else have this problem?

Edited by AstroDuck

all your 360 problems can be cured with the purchase of a shiny ps3

That's how i cured it.

Plus there no more rickety disc tray THAT SCRATCHED MY FUCKIN ORANGE BOX!!!!! PUT A HUGE GOUGE IN IT!!!

then of course i couldn't get it replaced and microsoft wanted to pull a reach around with a spidermonkey.

And that's when i decided i wanted a PS3:D

360s are loud, break down easy, and scratch themselves?

Sounds kinda Emo to me. :p

Yeah they also complain alot.

I'm getting too hot.

I have the red ring of death.

I cant read the disc.

The system should just kill itself.

Too bad more of them sprout up everyday.

This is way too similair to the emos

360s are loud, break down easy, and scratch themselves?

Loud? Yeah, it gets pretty loud when you play a disc game. It's otherwise rather quiet, though. And they do tend to get the "RRoD" problem a lot, but Microsoft covers this problem for 3 years after you purchase it, so you don't have a lot to worry about there except for what you're going to do while you wait to get your 360 back. They also give you a free month of Xbox Live Gold when they send your console back.

But 360s do NOT scratch the game discs by simply playing them. It only happens if you move the console while it's trying to read a disc, and if you do that, it's your own fault, not Microsoft's. Why would you move the console once you've started playing anyway?

Loud? Yeah, it gets pretty loud when you play a disc game. It's otherwise rather quiet, though. And they do tend to get the "RRoD" problem a lot, but Microsoft covers this problem for 3 years after you purchase it, so you don't have a lot to worry about there except for what you're going to do while you wait to get your 360 back. They also give you a free month of Xbox Live Gold when they send your console back.

But 360s do NOT scratch the game discs by simply playing them. It only happens if you move the console while it's trying to read a disc, and if you do that, it's your own fault, not Microsoft's. Why would you move the console once you've started playing anyway?

Ehem... I wasn't 360 bashing, just making a joke about Emos.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah i have this problem with the disc tray! really, really annoying but i still enjoy my 360 and have never had the red rings! *touch wood* To the people above i dont understand why people always seem to bad mouth 360 and PS3. So what if one cant make a perfect noise and the other doesnt have as many good exclusives, they both do a hell of a good job at bringing out enjoyment. At least neither of them have resulted to a family friendly console like the wii lol

well lets see here

360's are loud

they get hot

have something red occur

and then they dont let men play with them anymore until you get a new one.

sounds more like a woman

Mine's not loud, only time it got hot was all the dust that it collect inside, fixed with a simple can of compressed air and a screwdriver to take it apart.

RRoD happened once.

• 2 weeks later...
They also give you a free month of Xbox Live Gold when they send your console back.

Yeah.. this did nothing for me, because it only covered one of my accounts... The idea of giving you the free month of GoldLive is to reimburse you for the month you'll be paying for while the box is gone. My husband and I have separate accounts and they refused to reimburse us for both of them.

I don't have any issues with my 360, even though I purchased the Elite which supposedly has less of a failure rate.

Mine isn't very loud at all. Sure, you can hear it, but the sounds it does produce are overshadowed by any in-game music or sfx.

The whole overheating thing and rrod is kind of a thing of the past, it seems. It used to be common, but over the years the problem kind of diminished. Knock on wood, of course.

I had RRoD twice but my console got fixed and is now all good *touch my own wood*

My PS3 is finally on it's way and if I have similar problems I'm going to crack it big time.

Although I still love my consoles, even if they're bad to me sometimes.

my 360 is out for repair atm. damn thinking started freezing on me. on the dashboard as well as during games. i've just recieved an email saying its on its way back to me thank god. hopefully they've fixed it properly and i have no more problems