Sell Xbox One for Gaming PC?

J Warrior

I bought an Xbox One sometime in early February. I like video games and I had the money to buy one. As a big console gamer I thought it would be neat to have all the next gen consoles; PlayStation 4, Wii U, and Xbox One (also a 3DS XL and Vita).

Admittedly, I didn't have much plans for the X1. I've also been a big Sony gamer and I enjoy the Wii U because of how different it is. Well, I bought Ryse, and Dead Rising 3 for it. Beat Ryse in 3 days and went into DR3. After playing DR3 3 times, it didn't stick. I then thought, what have I done? No games on the horizon have my interest, no exclusives that is. I enjoy the features more on the PS4, and all my close friends play on a PS4 (online gaming). I can't get into the box. The Kinect pisses me off and doesn't work, the TV functions prove of no use because I watch most of my stuff on Hulu and Netflix. The interface isn't an improvement over the 360 (It is better than the PS3's though), and nothing about the console grabs at me.

I am no in the process of sealing it. I have some money saved up and with the money I should make off of the Box I should have enough to start working on a gaming PC. I use to play on a PC back in 06, 07, 08 and I wouldn't mind going back to PC. So, is this a smart idea or is PC gaming to much of a hassle when I do so much of my gaming on the PS3/4?

If I were you I would sell the XBOX and go for a PS4. If you don't find any PS4 games to your liking at the moment, stick with your PS3 until there are a few worthy titles and then make the switch.

As for the PC I would say don't buy one. Personally I can't justify putting thousands of dollars into a machine you constantly have to upgrade. Nothing really beats playing on a big screen LCD while sitting comfortably in your sofa.:)

What games do you want to put one together for? If it's for FPS games, I'd say no. If it's for mmos, I wouldn't advise it either, as much as WoW was the best gaming experience I ever had with downing 40 man raidbosses for the first time, those games are just to time consuming, if it's for RTS games, I'd say go for it.

As for the PC I would say don't buy one. Personally I can't justify putting thousands of dollars into a machine you constantly have to upgrade. Nothing really beats playing on a big screen LCD while sitting comfortably in your sofa.:)

I agree that nothing beats sitting/laying comfortably on/in your sofa, but some games have some major appeal on PC. The day Blizzard announces Warcraft IV, is the day that I switch back to pc gaming. Warcraft III, then WoW made me not even glimpse at my PS2. If it wasn't for trophyhunting I would've put a pc gaming together back ages ago, and be playing some DOTA and Diablo III on the PC. And putting a decent gaming pc that lasts some years doesn't necessarily cost thousands of dollars.

If I were you I would sell the XBOX and go for a PS4. If you don't find any PS4 games to your liking at the moment, stick with your PS3 until there are a few worthy titles and then make the switch.

I put around $600 into my PC (including the cost of windows) and it can out perform the X1 in relevant games. Titanfall I guess being the best relevant example. The beta on my specs was able to out perform the X1. As long as you build it yourself, PC's being expensive is something of a myth. A PC is only as expensive as the performance you want. I can run anything from the PS3 generation at 60FPS 1080p with Medium-High or even Ultra settings depending on the game. I can even run BF4 at a steady 60FPS at 900p with the PS4's graphical settings and match performance. That's on top of having tons of added functionality of my PC being a PC.

I'd say the only reason to keep the X1 is for future exclusives. Worst thing that could happen is you sell it, and then a killer exclusive you want comes out on the system. Exclusives have always been the reason I love my consoles. I also keep my competitive play to consoles because it's a much more even playing field and I have more friends playing. You have to weigh all your options. I could personally never completely migrate to PC.

:facepalm:

Graphics cards have HDMI out. It takes one entire cable to play PC games on a big screen TV while sitting comfortably on a couch.

Also, you either spend thousands of dollars and not have to upgrade the PC for years as it will be powerful for quite some time (they release new graphics cards every year, but the games themselves won't require anything that powerful for quite some time. Titanfall comes out tomorrow and its minimum requirement for a card is a GeForce 8800 GT which came out in 2007), or you spend a little cash building the least powerful gaming PC powerful and then constantly upgrade it. Not both.

If you don't want to game on PC, that's fine, but please stop perpetuating this bogus information about PC gaming.

Edited by mjc0961

I can't get into the box. The Kinect pisses me off and doesn't work, the TV functions prove of no use because I watch most of my stuff on Hulu and Netflix. The interface isn't an improvement over the 360 (It is better than the PS3's though), and nothing about the console grabs at me.

Sounds like you've already talked yourself into selling it.

I would stick with the ps3/4 & Wii-U and then if you find yourself wanting a gaming PC in the near future you'll have the funds to get one :)

i have a PS4 and love it. Most of the 'next gen' games I purchase will be on that. However, I love all games and recently purchased an Xbox ONE too. I'm glad I did because I seriously loved the TitanFall BETA and cant wait to play the full game tomorrow. However, I did play Ryse and DR3, the exclusives and even though Ryse was very enjoyable, I didnt care for DR3 and actually could have done without either of them.