Achievements vs Trophies

John

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Asking this question on a Playstation3 site seems kinda biased, but anyway, I started with the 360 so Ive enjoyed my cheeves. I also just get a different feeling when I hear that *bloop* achievement unlocked on my screen rather than the *ding* on my PS3. Also there are many more games that have acheivements than trophies.

Achievements. Yes I totally prefer my 360 so I realize it seems biased, but as an old timer, I like score. I want a score to measure my progress vs others, and this gamer Level thing is just too vague for me. Yes I know the points are not uniformly assigned, but it's a good starting point and I prefer it.

I like both equally, they have different points but there there for the same thing. Or though, the platinum trophy does make me try harder for trophies.

I hear what you are saying, and when I'm comparing game for game, I completely agree there is no difference at all. However, most of my friends and I don't play the same games so the only thing I have to compare is the level, well I guess I can go by totals bronze,silver,etc. Just easier to quickly glance at someone's gamerscore imo.

Gamerscore is just a number, someone could have a huge Gamerscore by just playing lots of games to 30/40%, whereas at least with Trophies you can tell by Platinums how good someone is at finishing games to 100%.

Trophies show a more accurate representation of how someone plays their games.

100% agree

Trophies.

I like that there is a trophy for collecting all trophies and the levelling system is great. It's cool to say you're a LVL 26 gamer :p

I also prefer seeing how many trophies I have collected, instead of a number that doesn't actually state how many achievements you have earned!