XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > General Discussion > Other Platforms > Everything Xbox

Old 06-11-2011, 04:27 PM   #31 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Trophies are shiny but then again I love both... but not too much that I will just play the cheesiest of games just to get them :P

"The smaller the mind, the greater the conceit." - Aesop
EtherealSkye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 04:49 PM   #32 (permalink)

I like both, but I tend to try and get the full 100% on my Xbox rather than on my PS3. Not sure why, that's just how it goes. I do prefer the levels that the PS3 uses!

[ Free PSN Games Thread | Signature by RED_REBEL44 | PSNP / TrueTrophies ]
AmbaLaBamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:54 PM   #33 (permalink)

I'd rather gain trophies than achievments, when you finish a ps3 game you gain a platinum to show off you have finished the game with or without dlc's, but with achievements your finished games list doesn't fill up because of dlc's.

I just finished metro 2033 on the xbox and have 1000 points but it doesn't appear in my completed games list because the dlc makes it upto 1240 even though I have finished the main game.

A question for people on the xbox who have finished a game before dlc, does the game move out of the completed games list when dlc is released?

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way it's animal's are treated...I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by [people] from the cruelty of [human kind]" - Mahatma Gandhi
JPClyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 12:06 AM   #34 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze   1,000 Posts   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

Like most people on this site will prefer trophies, whilst people on our sister site would prefer achievements, which is completely normal. I prefer trophies over achievements because of the reward of getting 100%, the . And the points system on 360 just doesn't work for me..
Old 06-12-2011, 08:51 AM   #35 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

The Plat & the noise makes trophies. XBOX should have a plat to signify the main game trophies are completed.
Jonn_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:30 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonn_ View Post
The Plat & the noise makes trophies. XBOX should have a plat to signify the main game trophies are completed.
Agreed but its a tough choice cuz my friend says u get gamerscore with achievements in which u can buy stuff in the store is that true?
UltimateEdgeHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 12:49 PM   #37 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Soadi

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateEdgeHead View Post
Agreed but its a tough choice cuz my friend says u get gamerscore with achievements in which u can buy stuff in the store is that true?
That's not true, achievements =/= MSP (Microsoft Points).
Soadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 01:00 PM   #38 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Gold
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Talking

I get bored looking at the 360's achievements but looking at those 4 different colorful trophies adding up just makes my day!!
Old 06-12-2011, 01:28 PM   #39 (permalink)

Awards Showcase First PS4 Game Nights   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   1,000 Posts   Bronze Submission   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)

Getting plat is phun.

SandeProElite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:19 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPClyde View Post
I'd rather gain trophies than achievments, when you finish a ps3 game you gain a platinum to show off you have finished the game with or without dlc's, but with achievements your finished games list doesn't fill up because of dlc's.

I just finished metro 2033 on the xbox and have 1000 points but it doesn't appear in my completed games list because the dlc makes it upto 1240 even though I have finished the main game.

A question for people on the xbox who have finished a game before dlc, does the game move out of the completed games list when dlc is released?
I like them both, but your point about completed games is valid. If you finish the game on 360 and you don't buy the damned DLC it won't count as completed. And yes, even if you finish the game before DLC come out (motly are D1 too, so they even make things worse) it will return to "not completed".

Trophies are better in those case, IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapTjik View Post
Like most people on this site will prefer trophies, whilst people on our sister site would prefer achievements, which is completely normal. I prefer trophies over achievements because of the reward of getting 100%, the . And the points system on 360 just doesn't work for me..
I like the point system on 360, but it does need some changes.
KoodGain is offline   Reply With Quote