XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > General Discussion > Other Platforms > Everything Xbox

Old 08-29-2011, 12:15 PM   #101 (permalink)

i prefer trophies over achievements cuz ya can level up

but with achievements, you get a score. pro and con to each one.

Last edited by Johnny Bananas; 08-29-2011 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Please use the edit button
mandapanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:55 PM   #102 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Neither. Both are excessive and obnoxious and have turned gaming into a chore...Plus it's inconvenient that while I'm playing MAG a trophy will pop up, but my radar will be blocked.
kensredemption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:12 AM   #103 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to zenithwillrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensredemption View Post
Neither. Both are excessive and obnoxious and have turned gaming into a chore...Plus it's inconvenient that while I'm playing MAG a trophy will pop up, but my radar will be blocked.
How are they obnoxious? I mean, they're entirely voluntary and only pop up for like a second. It's not like they last 5 minutes or something. If you don't want them, don't get them, but to me, they help me get the most out of my game and give me new challenges rather than just playing through the story mode once and being done.

zenithwillrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:14 AM   #104 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to zenithwillrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandapanda View Post
i prefer trophies over achievements cuz ya can level up

but with achievements, you get a score. pro and con to each one.
trophies have a score too, actually. Each trophy is worth a certain amount of points. If you want to see your score, go to Yourgamercards.com and it'll show you.

zenithwillrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:39 AM   #105 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze   Killzone Gaming Night Award   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

I prefer trophies to achievements.
Trophies give you an extra reward for completing all of them (platinum).
The amount of trophies and their types allow for better evaluation of the gamer.
The trophies give you the ability to level up, whereas the achievements just turn into a large number. With the leveling up system, the player sees how close they are to the next level (say 7%) and immediately think "Oo! If only I could reach that next level, then I would be happy." They then proceed to achieve more trophies to attain that next level. It is the same concept as grinding for an item or ability on an rpg or any other game. It gives you a sense of accomplishment. Also, it makes it easier to say/write how many trophies/ what level as opposed to " I has 138,572 Gamerscore!" Seriously, time it if you want. Say your level and how many trophies and plats you have and then say an imaginary gamerscore. If you want, use 138,572.

Signature made by Revan

---
View My Gallery Here
---
HEY BUDDY CLICK HERE
---
98% of people think its cool to put a statistic in their sig. If you're one of the 2% that.. Wait, shit.

revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 02:19 AM   #106 (permalink)
Banned

trophies are without a doubt better just because Microsoft sucks. LOL no but seriously i could never switch to the Xbox because i have so much time in to my ps3 and grinding deep into games like homefront is no fun unless you get the mother of all trophies: the platinum. I also like how when you earn a trophy you get to see what it looks like instead of for the xbox only seeing the name. On a side note it can be a pain in the ass how it takes so long for the trophies to pop up while it is nearly instantaneous for the xbox....... one last thing, Sony FTW!
DABVT94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 02:39 AM   #107 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Having played on both consoles, and now having PS3 as my preferred platform, for sure trophies are better imo.

The ranking of them works well relating to what you need to do in-game (although there are some rubbish allocations - bronze for 1000 cars in GT5 for example) and it gives you a clearer overview of you overall gaming 'stats'

Yes, trophies came along a little later, but in true Japanese style, i think they took the concept of achievements, thought about it and then made a better overall system.

Oh, all of that, and i am a plat nut..... i just love getting them!

Rochambeau_XV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 05:40 AM   #108 (permalink)

trophies and the ps3 are BETTER!
infamouskid2494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 07:24 AM   #109 (permalink)
Banned

I just don't like having a huge number to recite with achievements. I have to say 129,900 gamerscore, but no body has to say 129,900 platinums or whatever.
recklesstoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 07:36 AM   #110 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensredemption View Post
Neither. Both are excessive and obnoxious ...
You're obnoxious, with your coy and pretentious remarks, right above both your trophy and achievement display. Give me a break. *Fake gagging*

On the subject of things, I used to like the sound and feeling of achievements more than trophies, but after getting a few trophies, I enjoy the trophies even more.

I like the platinum. I like the way we have control over sorting our trophy list, especially putting them in original order--you don't really have control over that stuff on X360.

Then, too, I notice how the picture pops up as well... I like that.

I don't care much for gamerscore or trophy levels.

I don't like not being able to delete 0% games. I wish I could delete any game I didn't want on my list...but at least start with 0% ones.

| Gamercards: 1 2 3 |
| Now Playing: Demon's Souls |

Last edited by R353ARCH D35TROY; 09-03-2011 at 07:37 AM.
R353ARCH D35TROY is offline   Reply With Quote