Rate the trophy difficulty  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_gold_6.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 5.91

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Puzzler

• 2 weeks later...

I have only got half the trophies so I won't vote yet, but I hate how the game turns from a fun experience into a nightmare once you reach level 11. Its fun to play but the levels are nasty sometimes and the mines can be way overpowered. And the difficulty setting doesn't help much. It only gives you two options and I think I'm playing on the easy one but still it is a nightmare.

I have only got half the trophies so I won't vote yet, but I hate how the game turns from a fun experience into a nightmare once you reach level 11. Its fun to play but the levels are nasty sometimes and the mines can be way overpowered. And the difficulty setting doesn't help much. It only gives you two options and I think I'm playing on the easy one but still it is a nightmare.

I gotta admit that there is barely any difference betueen the two (I can't even figure out which one I'm playing on, but I changed it like 5 times with no results) the game was pretty easy till level 11, after that you had to start utalising your abilaties, I'm currently on level 24 on damn it's 10X as hard as level 11:P I never really played an RTS before so I dunno if I got a feel for this or if it's really not that bad, but I'd definitly say 7/10 so far. might go up, but definitly won't go down:P

ow and I'm holding off on voting till I get a 100% too:P (altrough it's currently not posseble...)

Edited by Donkey-er

I gotta admit that there is barely any difference betueen the two (I can't even figure out which one I'm playing on, but I changed it like 5 times with no results) the game was pretty easy till level 11, after that you had to start utalising your abilaties, I'm currently on level 24 on damn it's 10X as hard as level 11:P I never really played an RTS before so I dunno if I got a feel for this or if it's really not that bad, but I'd definitly say 7/10 so far. might go up, but definitly won't go down:P

ow and I'm holding off on voting till I get a 100% too:P (altrough it's currently not posseble...)

I dunno how beating the game under 10 hours is gona be possible, I've reached Lv16 on 2 days then I decided to go and play Limbo which I 100% in 8 hours :whistle: But this one has taken me 3 hours in some levels, and hell I've played lots of RTSs on my old PC and those where lots of fun even on the harder stages because the game was never unbalanced but this one feels like due or die. Survive-survive-survive for several minutes and then suddenly get owned by a swarm.

So far and looking onto the future of 10 hour trophy I would not doubt to give this one a 9.5/10 but even then I'll wait til I've collected the rest of the trophies that not involve speedruns, got 12 out of 20 so far.

How annoyed I got from this game that I ended playing MW2 on Veteran for fun after beating Limbo XD I got skills there hehe after WaW Veteran nothing seems impossible (in CoD universe) and no, I'm not a fanboy.

Oh and if you don't mind I would like to add you to my friendlist, my PSN is erdvilla, simply to share tactics and hints for this game, hope you see this.

I'm boored

Edited by erdvilla

Right now I have 13 trophies out of 20 at dark matter level 12. I'm still missing "Safety" and "Pacifism", I don't know how difficult they will be...

Everything else wasn't too difficult so far, remember: restart is your friend. If initial conditions are unfortunate (e.g. you start amidst enemies with no asteroid to expand to without major seed loss) don't hesitatte to restart. Level settings are somewhat random, next time you might have better statistics, less enemies around you, free asteroids in reach or even some flowers from the very beginning.

I need to add up my level times, I have no idea how far I'm away from ten hours total, but can't be that much, IIRC I have only one level where it took more than 1 hour to complete...

Have 100% now and gave it a 2. Not very difficult, with good trophy descriptions so you know what do. Most of them will just unlock while playing. Due to randomized settings every time you start a level, difficulty may vary heavily from rather easy to utterly challenging, e.g. for 'Pacifism' and 'Safety'. Simply restart for a hopefully better setting. The 10 hour speed run (Lightsecond) shouldn't be too challenging, as seen in the times thread, you might beat the game in 9:10:00 or even less, giving you a whopping 50 minute margin.

Edited by dcdfan
(finally a signature)

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Voted 4

Mostly a breeze with the exception of a few levels (one in particular can be impossible if not on the casual difficulty). I found the difficult levels relied a bit on the starting conditions of the semi-random map. I would usually make an aggressive start (taking as many planets as possible) to gauge if the map was a good fit.

Reaching the time goal was not too difficult as you will find quite a few levels to shave off excess time and the goal itself is not overly aggressive.

I enjoyed this game, gave me quite the zen vibe :applause:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I voted 2. As far as RTS games go, this is one of the simpler ones. There was only one level that posed a problem and I had to resort to using a strategy guide for. The rest were fairly straight forward and simple. Just remember to go to options before starting the game and switch the difficulty setting to "Relaxed". Also don't be afraid to immediately restart if you get a bad start or a horrible layout with multiple enemies swarming at you in the beginning of a level. :)

Edit: Oh and I played the vita version.

Edited by Calebroz

• 10 months later...