Rate the platinum difficulty  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the platinum difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_rating_na.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 0.00

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
  5. Vote with honesty and integrity.

• 3 weeks later...

Agree with the guide on giving it a 5, mostly due to some dodgy enemy encounters. Poor controls is the reason for struggling with it especially near the end of chapter 11. An awful game to be fair and nothing like the previous 2, glad i only rented it. Dead Island 2 on the other hand looks class and cant wait for that. Stay away from this tripe.

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/BEANO_BRFC.png

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed with comments above, but i'll go with 4/10. The game is mostly really easy and only starts being unfair towards the end (mainly because of overpowered bosses with OMFGLEAVEMEALONE minions making it impossible to win unless you manage to kill it in the first 10 sec; and sections at the end where one or more butchers are thrown at you alongside spitters and bouncers...), and it's more frustrating than difficult in most cases, because of weird checkpoint placements.

Still, i don't regret playing it. 80% of the original PT was kinda relaxing and it's always fun to explore, especially with the camera, taking pictures of everything that doesn't resemble a tree. All aspects are sub-par, but functional (only problem being difficulty spikes that the gameplay cannot handle). So there's that.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I voted a 3

1. When you die you respawn and resume right where you left off.

2. I found killing 5 sirens screaming the hardest trophy only to their lack of frequency in the game. But needing two playthroughs and understanding what to do made that slightly easier.

3. The ending everyone complains about is easily managed -- when shadow butchers are in the area run to the edge of the map, if there is distance between you, then they will leap at you--- then dodge, they fall off the map and die, this Leaves you with the manageable yellow and blue zombies and a good triangle melee will put many on the ground for execution if not killing them all together.

4.For the end boss just run a circle up the ramp and around. on laps 1 & 2 focus on killing the spitters until none respawn. Now you're left with the boss and slow moving blue shamblers. Continue running around and when on the ramp turn around and shoot the shotgun at the boss until he dies -- probably 2 laps at most on him.

I found no real hard spot in the game and these tips combined with the collectable guide should help anyone easily achieve platinum

Edited by DISCOKING

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I gave it a solid 4. It's definitely not a walk in the park, but once you get a feel for evading, it becomes much more manageable. Using DISCOKING's tip on defeating the Shadow Butchers and Shadow Bouncers in final chapter makes that part much easier, too. I also had no trouble with the final boss battle.

I actually enjoyed this game, too. The story was fun and different and felt like a neat spinoff from the underrated Dead Island series. Looking forward to DI2.

Base game: 3/10, DLC: 4/10 depending on which walkthrough you play in.

Actually it's a good game. Game based on the Dead Island plot, the graphic is beautiful by using the cel-shading. The zombies are much more powerful than DI and DIR, unfortunately the amount on this island is too small.

Abandoning the skill tree and some other combat setting, EDI is focused on the real combat, real shooting and the real stealth. Maybe some parts are annoying or boring but the other parts are really exciting.

But this game freezes sometimes which bothered me a little. And i think the New game+ is harder than the 1st walkthrough.

The trophy is either story-related or need some grinding, not difficult.

Conclusion: this game could have been better so i think it was the developper which wasn't that talented.

Dead Island 2 is coming in 2016!

• 1 month later...

After getting the plat I voted a 4. The game feezes frequently, even during the loading of a new area. I downloaded the newest patch 1.02 and the free dlc, all the trophies unlocked when they were supposed to.

Anyone that wants to play this game, I recommend to get the assault rifle from the dlc area. It seems like the storongest weapon in the game. It can kill the final boss in 2 - 3 clips on either playthrough. Most of the time if you dont kill the bosses in like 10 seconds, then you get overrun with all the other added enemies.

With all the bugs and feezing I can't recommend this game to anyone, except to the diehard zombie killer with nothing to play. :p

• 2 weeks later...

I also went with 4

The game isn't as bad as the reviews make it out to be. Yeah graphically it's nothing special same game play wise but it's got some fun parts. The freezing and odd difficulty spikes near the end are very frustrating as is a lot of cut scenes that cant be skipped.

Fair play that they gave the DLC free which also varied in difficulty. Sadly I had to play through 2.5 times as the close range shotgun kill trophy apparently evaded me!

It gets a lot back for the platinum image alone :applause:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Voted 5/10, as the game is difficult at times as you die in a couple of hits from pretty much any enemy type, especially towards the end when you get swarmed with butchers.

The game does get easier though with some of the exploits, including Discoking's tip about causing enemies to jump off the ledge in chapter 11 so you don't need to fight them, abusing the silenced pistol which lets you shoot enemies without them realising you've shot them and the fact that on New Game+ you can get the katana on the boat at the start which makes the first half of the game a total breeze.

• 3 weeks later...

Voted 5, but it is more a 4,5

The game isn't that bad but it has some terrible controls which can get you in tight situations in some fights.

Dont know why but i got the impression that the second playthrough was a bit less forgiving than the first, even getting a considerable amount of medpacks i got the feeling that you couldn't take as much hits as on the first playthrough. The last boss is a breeze with the hellfire shotgun and the previous section you can get pretty swiftly if you stand on the edges waiting for the bouncers and butchers to jump off the edges.

A bit before that i also skipped a fight just breaking the ball and running from a couple of spitters / butchers and sirens, didn't need to fight ny of them, the game autosaves once you reach the upper platform

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Gonna vote 5/10 - specifically because I did the DLC twice and played without a guide first time through (hence not getting 100 kills with the MG in my first play-through, so needed to go through the labs twice).

A few of the collectables were difficult to locate without dipping into the guide on my NG+ too.

Great game, and a lot of fun - though 1 hit kill zombies in NG+ and the amount of Butchers you have to contend with later on make it interesting :)

• 1 year later...