Who's watching EVO 2014?

Yeah it's gonna be pretty crazy, I'll have multiple streams going and will try to watch as much of it as I can. Mainly looking forward to SF, KoF & Marvel, though Smash was surprisingly fun to watch last year too.

Sweet, pools is my favorite part of tourney's because everyone's fighting everyone and everyone has a chance to face everyone which can make for some unique and awesome matches.

Can't wait to see some random get annihilated by Daigo lol. :dance:

If it streams over YouTube I'll watch a bunch. I'm at work the next 3 days and the system administrators have blocked Twitch.

Anyway, it's not on that main schedule so I'm not sure if it's being streamed, but there's a Towerfall tournament on Saturday at EVO that I really want to watch. Not sure if any of you have played Towerfall as a group, but it's pretty intense. Other than Towerfall, I want to see the UMvC3, Blazblue, and SSB Melee semis and finals.

Yup sauce, that channel is just for the USFIV Pools, all else will take place on channels srkevo1 & srkevo2. See the schedule in OP above.

:chair:

All streams:

EVO 2014 early results, streams ft. Daigo, Xian, Infiltration, Tokido, Justin Wong, PR Balrog, Ryan Hart, ChrisG, Fuudo, Flocker, Mango and more

Man, the streaming schedule is so poorly organised, we had a stream that was supposed to be dedicated to USFIV shut down just after pools (where there were no surprises by the way), then Daigo and Infiltration are sent to losers while we're still waiting for Tekken to finish. Then we have to wait another 20 minutes for another stream to come back up.

Edited by McGarnigle

Man, Evo finals day (and Evo in general) really is the most enjoyable thing you can watch, full stop. Stayed up until half six in the morning three nights in a row and that really was the best decision I've made in a long time, like compared to this the World Cup final was like watching paint dry. I won't post spoilers for anyone since I myself don't know the results for Injustice and am going to watch it on youtube once it's up, but UMvC3, Blazblue and USFIV top 8 were just crazy and you can't help getting really, really invested into it while watching.

Even people who aren't into fighting games should just give it a chance and watch this next year, just 363 more days!!

Edited by McGarnigle

Yeah Blazblue was crazy, probably the best top 8 objectively. I didn't know any of those players though really so it's a bit harder to really get invested in the same way I was for Marvel and SF.

Did you miss the rest of the finals?

I watched the MVC3 finals, but Blazblue was really all I cared about since that's the only fighting game I play :p

I watched the MVC3 finals, but Blazblue was really all I cared about since that's the only fighting game I play :p

I cannot believe Justin Wong won (MVC3 ). He deserved it. Daigo gotten eliminated early, thought he would be playing on Godlike levels. He's still number one in Japan leaderboards with Evil Ryu. The most boring Grand Finals was Injustice. Was really a mystery how the player who was playing as Zod made it to the finals, but there's nothing else you can say about it. He had the skills to make it to the finals, but got whooped 0 to 6.

Edited by Blaze Naruto Shippuden

Damn you missed out on some crazy SF then :p

Was mad as hell at BB finals, but KI, UMvC3 and USF4 made me day.

Dat Rose. And Fuudo getting rekt :applause: .

Why? The Blazblue final was ridiculous, and the dude who won was so into it as well.

I too was delighted Fuudo didn't win, he was destroyed by Luffy. All SnakeEyez matches were amazing too, that guy's whiff punishing is just ludicrous and he was by far the closest to beating Luffy.

Why? The Blazblue final was ridiculous

Just dislike Litchi. I know CP made combos shorter but just reminding what a BNB Litchi combo looked like *shudders* nope. Also was really sad when the Bang player cosplaying Strider lost, he was super hype. :(

I'm confused by one thing, is it Louffy or Luffy? I guess he entered the tourney as Louffy since his name was displayed as such in all his fights and most people are writing it as that, but a) One Piece and b) I recall him being Luffy before.

Yeah the Bang was badass and that Tager player was too manly. The dude crossdressing actually pulled it off as well :whistle: I'm also amazed and happy there weren't any Kokonoes in top 8.

I've always thought it was Luffy, he's down as Luffy here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqJxc2ztL68

Edited by McGarnigle

Yeah the Bang was badass and that Tager player was too manly. The dude crossdressing actually pulled it off as well :whistle: I'm also amazed and happy there weren't any Kokonoes in top 8.

I'm guessing the japanese leveled up against all Kokonoes. I mean look at the rest of the top 16.

9. NC|Pain (Kokonoe)

9. DC|Pops (Platinum)

9. BananaKen (Kokonoe)

9. Lich (Relius)

13. Matoi (Kokonoe)

13. Murishinjyu (Jin)

13. Tsujikawa (Kokonoe)

13. Kiba (Valkenhayn)

Lol