XPlay/AOTS

Why is it every time they review a game or talk about an upcoming game they have to make a joke out of it and not just take it serious to me its getting very stupid I mean we all know none of them on those shows are actually gamers I could know everything about gaming if I was reading from a script or telepromter also....to me its getting old hearing side jokes during a review or upcoming game video and half the time they do not even know how to review a good game anyways

does anyone actually follow IGN? giving mw2 a 9.50 and GoW 9.25 and other games less?

I'm curious to what they have to say but I don't take it to heart. What matters to me is what I think or what my friends think. Not some faceless person that's on the other side of the damn country who I will probably never meet. Personally, I think MW2 is shit and BFBC2 is a x100 better, there are some that will wholeheartedly disagree with me and that's fine because it doesn't change the way I feel about it. I don't care for GoW (try to play it and I couldn't get into it. I'm not saying is a bad game, just not to my particular taste. There's just something about it that doesn't draw my attention.)

X-Play always kind of irked me just how the present themselves. I like Adam Sessler when he does things that don't involve X-Play, his written reviews are some pretty top-notch shit. I completely agree with his RE5 review. I think what it is when he's on X-Play, he needs to present himself in a manner that is engaging to the viewer, a supplementary persona, the more sarcastic and comedic Sessler (X-Play) as opposed to the professional, well-read Sessler (His written reviews).

X-Play, to me, present themselves in a fashion that they believe they know everything and are better than anyone else. If I remember right last night they did their X-Play Inbox segment, there were some stupid questions involving KH3, but one question was something along the lines of "How does one work for G4 and/or X-Play and what are the prerequisites?"

To me, that actually a fairly legitimate question, however, Webb and Sessler just brushed it off, gave an answer that was said jokingly at best, and didn't give an honest and insightful answer to the question. I get time is limited but still they could have at least put some effort into it as opposed to brushing it off.

I'll watch X-Play just to hear their opinions on games just because I'm curious, but I don't tune in everyday sitting on the edge of my sit. I do the same thing with GameTrailers, "Oh, they reviewed blah blah. I wonder what they said about it even though I have no interest in buying it."

AOTS is good for somethings like Around The Net, DVDuesday, or Gadget Pron but most of the time it's just non-sense. It's more or less a show without focus.

Web Soup, on the other hand, I'll watch whenever I see it on because it has focus, a show devoted to commenting on stupid asses doing stupid ass things.

That and Ninja Warrior. They should be playing reruns of Ninja Warrior as opposed to reruns of Cops.