Female gamers had enough!

Nille

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it hard to believe that some of those woman are actually "gamers." I do understand where they are coming from though. It shouldn't really matter what your age or gender is when playing games together online. I do however find the video to be a little over-exaggerated.

Agreed ^

I dont have a problem with female gamers.

Girls like this annoy me. I rarely get shit online. Why? Because I don't make a big deal out of it.

#1 - if you're getting shit from a guy online - just tell him to go f*** himself and move on

Don't turn into a whiny babbling idiot because you feel so offended.

Girls make the whole thing worse by acting like...girls. Don't make obviously feminine game IDs if you're gonna cry about getting shit about it.

I chose tuffmuff and occasionally I get shit for it. But I'm sorry, it's funny. When someone asks me if my muff is tuff... I say yes and then I shoot them.

Really it doesn't matter. Girl power and all that crap. It's the making such a big deal out of your gender and then getting offended that someone is noticing is what bugs me.

Don't make your name PrincessPrettyPeach and then get mad cuz some douche on the internet asks you to go make a sandwich.

edit: also - there isn't anything unbelievable about the girls on that video being gamers. What's unbelievable about it?

Edited by Tuffinz

Hmm, I think its good that they have made this video. But just look at the response. There are thousands more dislikes on the video and the top two comments contain the word 'kitchen'. So I think no matter what they do, there will always be that group of guys out there who bug, annoy and hassle female gamers.

Why can't they just get on with it, girls game well done the majority of the populous does this is nothing new. Why do they believe that they are discriminated against in an area as insignificant as gaming when there are bigger and more important cases of sexism in the world.

I for one welcome all kinds of gamers but when it comes down to it it's just recreational anyone can have a go everyone is entitled to I understand the point of the video but it's a statement that has been repeated hundreds of times it does get a little bit tiresome to be constantly reminded of it.

*Edit* I have just read tuffmuff's reply and I think that sums it up perfectly.

Edited by WillTheBassist

Girls like this annoy me. I rarely get shit online. Why? Because I don't make a big deal out of it.

#1 - if you're getting shit from a guy online - just tell him to go f*** himself and move on

Girls make the whole thing worse by acting like...girls. Don't make obviously feminine game IDs if you're gonna cry about getting shit about it.

I chose tuffmuff and occasionally I get shit for it. But I'm sorry, it's funny. When someone asks me if my muff is tuff... I say yes and then I shoot them.

Really it doesn't matter. Girl power and all that crap. It's the making such a big deal out of your gender and then getting offended that someone is noticing is what bugs me.

Don't make your name PrincessPrettyPeach and then get mad cuz some douche on the internet asks you to go make a sandwich.

edit: also - there isn't anything unbelievable about the girls on that video being gamers. What's unbelievable about it?

Yeah, I think tuff covered it pretty well.

Honestly, all I could do was roll my eyes at this. This kind of video isn't going to get them any respect.

I don't get much shit online and when I do I know how to act like a mature female and deal with it. Most of the time I get bothered it's by little boys who think it's "cool that I'm a girl" since they have never gamed with one? LOL

Oh! And I love your ID tuff xD I wish I would have thought of some cool girly type ID.

Edited by Without_Origins

Oh look, attention whores who think they're special because they play video games while having vaginas. Whoopee. The fact that they try to act like they're so damn special is why they get tons of "go back to the kitchen" comments: people would rather not listen to their crap over the mics during games.

Awesome parody video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_zK--_aj1Q]Gamurr Boy Manifesto - YouTube[/ame]

And the hilarious irony is that "SexyNerdGirlPresents" is commenting on that video flaming him. What happened to "Don't be racist. Don't be homophobic. Don't be sexist. Follow that code and everybody will have a good time. And when someone breaks that code, CALL THEM OUT. Don't just let it ride."? They're breaking their code. Call them out like they claim and I bet they get offended by that too.

Edited by mjc0961

SRSLY? IMHO they are just attention whores. I do play online on rare occasions and things have been ok and fun for me. I rarely get insulted in MW3 or BF3 or Gears 3 (lotsa 3's),et al because I have the skill to back it up. Most gamers claim to have the skill anyways yet only very few can put their brass where their mouth is :p

Sigh... GUURRRL gamers when will it ever end? It's just GAMER and that just about covers all of us, er most of us at the very least :D

:applause: Tuff sums it up well. Also, some people regardless of gender are attention whores. PSN is not Match.com either, so go look elsewhere for your soul mate lol. :p

I do understand the point the female gamers (lol) are trying to get across in this video but methinks this is also some form of marketing ad, like youtube users getting paid per click or something like that. And one of them said she plays on iPhone... wtbh? And I think they did not even mention Samus Aran... one of the first and best ever female VG characters... fail. For all we know SexyNerdGirl is a fail troll..

I suppose I can understand they're trying to say... "don't be an asshole" but come on lol

The guys and girls for that matter - that are assholes, don't give a damn about their ridiculous video. In fact, they just made it worse because they're making a big deal out of it.

Seriously - assholes respond to being treated like assholes. Not some whiny plea from a youtube video.

And as a side note... I am kinda interested in the size of your sword ;)

Edited by Tuffinz

I suppose I can understand they're trying to say... "don't be an asshole" but come on lol

The guys and girls for that matter - that are assholes, don't give a damn about their ridiculous video. In fact, they just made it worse because they're making a big deal out of it.

Seriously - assholes respond to being treated like assholes. Not some whiny plea from a youtube video.

And as a side note... I am kinda interested in the size of your sword ;)

Exactly. Even their video description is stupid. "And when someone breaks that code, CALL THEM OUT. Don't just let it ride."? No! Don't feed the trolls you idiots. That's just going to make it worse for everyone. The people making kitchen jokes or whatever are going to make more kitchen jokes now that they know it's bothering you. Then you're going to get the "white knights" who think sticking up for a GUUUURL GAMUR is going to get them laid (spoilers: there's a 99.9% chance that it isn't). And of course, you have the GUUUURL GAMURZ being GUUUURL GAMURZ in the first place. All of them are going to be bickering and fighting, nobody is going to be respectful of one another. And worst of all, all the regular people who just want to play the damn game hate ALL of them and just wish they'd all shut the fuck up and play!

So no. No calling them out. Call a vote to kick if the option exists in the game. Mute them. Remember their ID for later to report them to the respective online service provider if they were particularly nasty about it. And then kick their ass in the game. But don't feed the fucking trolls! :francis:

P.S.

http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae163/Takato14/TwilightPrincessMasterSword.png

;)

You know, upon seeing this thread, I remember this one Youtube video...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQnIJ-ljctk]XBox Girls Get Revenge - YouTube[/ame]

:p

Anyways, to the point, I don't care if you're a guy/girl, black/white, a 10 year old, or a 75 year old, whatever religion you belong to, we are all gamers in my book and that's final. However, continue to whine that you are a girl gamer, and that you should have special treatment, you'll find your way into my special block list.

Some female gamers had enough of all the bullshit while gaming, and have now went together and made this video.

Gamer Girl Manifesto - YouTube

Thoughts?

Well I gotta say everyone is a hater, whenever someone expresses themselves, they are judged. People shoud just shut up if they're gonna talk shit. Instead of being supported they're being hated. I'm sorry and I believe female gamers have a point.