Underrated Actors & Actresses

I'm not sure if there is a forum on this topic.

Which actors & actresses do you guys think are overlooked by bigger name actors/actresses?

Actors:

• Mark Valley (Human Target)
  • Shia LaBeouf

Actresses:

• Eliza Dushku
  • Megan Fox - She's not the worst actress out there (i.e. Paris Hilton)

its an insult to even class paris hilton as an actress. megan fox is not the worst but i would never class her as good either and she is not that hot IMO. I cant stand shia labeouf.

as for my choices i have always said Jim Carey is severely underrated as a serious actor. he is excellent in the Truman show and Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind.

i also think Paul Rudd is one of the best comic actors to surface in the last few years. he is miles better than that useless steve carrell.

as for actresses i think maggie gyllenhall is very under-rated.

I'm not sure if there is a forum on this topic.

Which actors & actresses do you guys think are overlooked by bigger name actors/actresses?

Actors:

[*]Mark Valley (Human Target)

Mark Valley is an awesome actor and Human Target was like my favorite show. So mad they cancelled it.

My favorite actor is probably Guy Pearce, and I don't think he gets anywhere near enough credit

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
My favorite actor is probably Guy Pearce, and I don't think he gets anywhere near enough credit

I agree, Memento is one of my favourite movies ever, but he doesn't get the credit he deserves.

Timothy Olyphant, from Deadwood (my favourite show) is brilliant in that, but more people will probably know him as the bad guy in Die Hard 4.0

I agree, Memento is one of my favourite movies ever, but he doesn't get the credit he deserves.

Timothy Olyphant, from Deadwood (my favourite show) is brilliant in that, but more people will probably know him as the bad guy in Die Hard 4.0

i'll always remember him as hitman, i actually thought the movie was not bad.

i'd have to say Andrew garfield. i thought he was really good in The imaginarium of dr.parnassus, and he was also great in the social network.

Cillian murphy was excellent in batman begins, and inception.

Also Andy Serkis is extremely talented. i'd like to see himself more in front of the camera instead of playing computer animated characters.

Edited by joker-_-32988

Yeah he's awesome. Pearce can play a wide variety of roles and he does them all justice. Two Brothers, Bedtime Stories, Traitor, Hurt Locker, The Proposition, Count of Monte Cristo, The King's Speech, The Hard Word, etc. All very different parts, all good jobs.

Dunno if you get it there, we have a series called Justified. Olyphant plays a US Marshall. Anyway, this is the role he was born to play

Tom Hardy is so underrated, and I've always been a huge fan of Eric Bana, who I also think doens't get enough credit.

I don't think Tom Hardy will be underrated much longer. He's coming up

Edited by Vapor_N4

i have two; both of which i figured would annoy me by first look but i actually enjoy their acting a lot

Scarlett Johansson ( the Island and the Spirit, and of course Iron Man 2 :drool:)

Rhys Meyers (from Tudors and From Paris With Love)

and by the way OP, Megan Fox?!?! are you kidding me?!?

Edited by archchimaira

i'd have to say Andrew garfield. i thought he was really good in The imaginarium of dr.parnassus, and he was also great in the social network.

Once Garfield is done with next years Amazing Spiderman, his career will fly up.

I'm going to say Jeremy Renner, he was great in Hurt Locker and The Town. Props to him playing Hawkeye in the Avengers, and he also looks great in the new Mission Impossible.

Yeah he's awesome. Pearce can play a wide variety of roles and he does them all justice. Two Brothers, Bedtime Stories, Traitor, Hurt Locker, The Proposition, Count of Monte Cristo, The King's Speech, The Hard Word, etc. All very different parts, all good jobs.

Dunno if you get it there, we have a series called Justified. Olyphant plays a US Marshall. Anyway, this is the role he was born to play

I don't think Tom Hardy will be underrated much longer. He's coming up

And deservedly so. He's been great in the big Hollywood films like Black Hawk Down and Inception, but his performance in the British flick Bronson was brilliant.

Jeff Bridges - Because he is Jeff Bridges and no one talks about him

Mickey Rourke - The Wrestler

Jim Carrey - under rated because I think he would suit serious movies more

Paul Rudd - brilliant comedy actor

Tom Hanks - Road to Perdition

Adrian Brody - Amazing actor, watch him in ''The Jacket''

• 5 months later...