Enslaved - what's your opinion

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best game of the year. Or one of the best, imho of course. Superb voice acting and characters. Gameplay is pretty standard for an action-adventure game. And I loved the story, though it's seems i'm in minority here) If you're going to plat it let me give you a warning - collecting all the tech orbs is going to be a bitch. I currently have this game's plat on hold - needed a break or the tech orbs search would have driven me insane.

Best game of the year. Or one of the best, imho of course. Superb voice acting and characters. Gameplay is pretty standard for an action-adventure game. And I loved the story, though it's seems i'm in minority here) If you're going to plat it let me give you a warning - collecting all the tech orbs is going to be a bitch. I currently have this game's plat on hold - needed a break or the tech orbs search would have driven me insane.

I liked the story too :) thought we would get a sex scene though lol :p hopefully they will carry the game on.

Really fun to play game with good scenary and a good story(if you dont look to deep)

As of last week i would say rent(if possible, in my country isnt) but now with the announcement of DLC and 3D(with or without a 3Dready tv) might be a buy if you like 3D games.

I have mixed feelings about it. Parts of it I really liked such as the scenery and sense of scale (I love games like that, Shadow of the Colossus being a prime example). And some things I didn't like such as the gameplay which plays like a dumbed down Arkham Asylum and platforming that involves too much hand-holding. The story also could've been deeper, we hardly learned anything about Monkey's past and I felt they could've explained things more. Overall, its a good game but a rental at best. I give it an 8/10.

I guess it's just me and this is the first time it's happened on any game I've ever played but during this game I get motion sickness. I don't know if it's the jerky camera or when I try to move the camera around monkey and it snaps back into place but I've struggled to play this for more than an hour at a time.

To be honest? I enjoy it, but I dislike the combat mechanics. Maybe I should have backed out of pre-ordering it when I saw Ninja Theory did the game as I also strongly disliked the combat mechanics of Heavenly Sword.

Anyway, I like pretty much everything else about the game, and can't talk about the story as I didn't progress pretty far (suck-ass combat mechanics put me off playing it for long periods. :p )

What i liked:

Characters and interaction.

Dialog and voice acting.

Story.

Environments.

Final Boss Fight.

What i disliked:

Camera camera camera.

Simple combat mechanics.

Simple platforming which you can never mess up.

Repetetive enemies.

Technically poor (lots of screen tearing, some slowdown).

Overall it's worth a play, but get it second hand cheap.

I liked it a lot but am far from blind to its problems.

The characters and story were good, but uneven and the movitivations were often muddy at best. It didn't hurt things too much, but too much was completely contrived.

Every instance, for example, where the characters split up was patently ridiculous - trip "squeezes" through a hole sized for baby rhino's and Monkey is "forced" to find another way. There are times when you can clearly see a way to reach a destination - for example a dumpster against a column - that would suitable for a fat asthmatic but apparently not up to Monkey's standards - he'd rather hope across moving gears and flamethrowing vents.

The plot sets up an antagonistic relationship with Monkey and Trip... but we really never see it. There's almost no transition here - we get the set-up and from then on they're pretty much best friends. I like where things ended up, but felt the development to get there was just plain ignored.

The combat was fine - nothing special, but nicely streamlined and cinematic. The platforming was just plain cinematic - aside from some very basic timing issues there's really no way to fail it which eliminates much of the suspense (but does make the game move much faster).

Unfortunately the game is also also glitchy as hell and has some insane decisions regarding trophy-replayability. Nothing too awful, but it definately makes the mistake of annoying the hell out of you in the after-game which puts a damper on the whole experience.

All that said the story and characters, despite their problems, are above average. Honestly the only reason I'm so hard on them is that they're so close to great - if they sucked it wouldn't be worth criticising!

Hmm, it was okay... after I read the preview stuff from gameinformer, I thought it was gonna be grrrreat, but nope.

The combat acts weird at times if you mash buttons (especially :triangle:) in combat; and you dodge a small distance.

Can be plat'd within a week. Being perceptive will help =P

Semi-spoiler:

The boss is NOT a unique boss.

it's a game that you play once and then move on. no replayability at all
That's pretty much the trophy hunter mentality =( No appreciation for games. Edited by Eye Beams

I grabbed this game for $25 (with free shipping) from Amazon yesterday... it was their deal of the day.

Do you guys think that was a good price for this game?

From what I have read the game's strong points are it's presentation, story and characters, while combat and the camera being it's weaker points. I can deal with that.

I grabbed this game for $25 (with free shipping) from Amazon yesterday... it was their deal of the day.

From what I have read the game's strong points are it's presentation, story and characters, while combat and the camera being it's weaker points. I can deal with that.

I think $25 is still too much, but you could do worse.

not worth $60. maybe $30. not that long of a game to plat and an even shorter game if not going for plat. voice acting is top notch.

This game was Amazon's Gold Box Deal of the Day yesterday ($25)... I used my $20 credit from my Black Ops pre-order to get Enslaved for $5. It'll probably go on sale again between now and 12/25, so keep your eyes and ears open, especially in the Good Deals Thread.

Unless you're the type of person who slams through story-based games with no MP in under a week to get the plat, I'd say it's definitely worth at least $25. I personally enjoy replaying games with good stories, graphics, music, and voice acting multiple times on different difficulties over a period of several months and don't regret paying $60 for this game (minus some pre-order bonus credits).