NO orbs are glitched in this game, *please read*

After reading various threads, having my own troubles on Chapter 5: Crash Site and reading fotznlecker's thread, I can safely say that NONE of the orbs are glitched in this game.

For all of you who have gone through specific levels that you're stuck on (98-99% orb completion) many times, all I can say is go through each orb location once again (I know, it sucks), KILL every enemy you see and collect any orbs they drop.

On Chapter 5, I assumed my missing orb was in the beginning area with the water as it's arguably quite easy to miss one, however, there was nothing I missed nor any orbs later in the level. After reaching the dog boss, I quit the chapter and got back into the menu to find I had achieved 100%. Like wtf?

Conclusion: None of the orbs are glitched BUT, perhaps do not register straight away. I used Savenger's awesome Orb Guide located here:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/enslaved-odyssey-west/78020-complete-tech-orb-location-guide.html

I went through each chapter slowly, frequently pausing the game after collecting an orb and with the guide, acquired all orbs.

Hope this helps anyone struggling. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are glitched orbs, or at least orbs that are very picky when you want to pick them up... Mine is in chapter 3, right before Trip hacks the security door after crawling the small hole. I drop down to the door, and there's an orb right there. I grab it - it disappears, but I get no raise in the tech total. My total stays at 99%. It's always there whenever I retry the level, which at this point I have done over 10 times.

I am on my second playthrough right now and there was one level I was playing through (dont remember which one) but there were 4 or 5 orbs that were right out in the open. The only thing I can think of is that I died in the first playthrough and some of the orbs respawned from an earlier checkpoint. These orbs were on the main path, they would have been impossible to miss.

The chapter in which you start out on water, a cloud scene, you must blow up the boat. I was stuck at 98% I think it was. Anyways, before you push over the container, making a walkway for trip, ride your cloud to the left of the huge suspension bridge. There is a small island that had tech orbs, and currently will have plasma ammo. Get off your cloud, aim for the huge tanker, with a hole in its hull. The tank you need to shoot is here.

When you blow it up, an island becomes visible underneath it, containing hopefully, your last orbs for the chapter. Run to the end of the area, wait for a save and exit to menu.

These are needed for 100% for sure.

• 1 month later...

This post is 100% right, there are no glitched orbs.

I think people are running into trouble because of the save system, not glitched orbs. If you collect an orb and quit out, the game isn't saving and it doesn't count. It'll then show up when you reload the chapter.

To ensure the game saves, you need to continue until you reach the next cutscene or obvious save.

NT really should have added an orb count into the select screen thou.

After reading various threads, having my own troubles on Chapter 5: Crash Site and reading fotznlecker's thread, I can safely say that NONE of the orbs are glitched in this game.

For all of you who have gone through specific levels that you're stuck on (98-99% orb completion) many times, all I can say is go through each orb location once again (I know, it sucks), KILL every enemy you see and collect any orbs they drop.

On Chapter 5, I assumed my missing orb was in the beginning area with the water as it's arguably quite easy to miss one, however, there was nothing I missed nor any orbs later in the level. After reaching the dog boss, I quit the chapter and got back into the menu to find I had achieved 100%. Like wtf?

Conclusion: None of the orbs are glitched BUT, perhaps do not register straight away. I used Savenger's awesome Orb Guide located here:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/enslaved-odyssey-west/78020-complete-tech-orb-location-guide.html

I went through each chapter slowly, frequently pausing the game after collecting an orb and with the guide, acquired all orbs.

Hope this helps anyone struggling. :)

Guys please stop saying that there are no glitched orbs. I can 100% confirm that there are. I think the problem you have is that you don't really know what a glitch is. A glitch is something present in the game that the developers didn't intend to put there. Now these particular glitches don't show up every single time you play a level, hence the fact that the trophy is still attainable. So the fact that they didn't show up for you doesn't mean they're not actually there. On chapter 9 there's undoubtedly a glitched orb right out in the open at the bit after the boat section, that I couldn't possibly have missed in my 3 previous playthrough of the level. The fact that I've seen around 10 other people on this site that had the same problem proves this.

But there are no glitches.

I can 100% attest to it, as I'm going through the game cleaning up orb's right now. I've also recreated these so called "glitches" for the most part.

If an orb is not registering, it's because you quit the game before the next save point. If you're missing 1% or less, it's because you missed an orb, which is going to be a PITA to find.

Simple as that!

People are squaking about glitching, because it's a PITA requirement and there's no way to check. I remember the same damn threads in inFamous because someone miscounted, misplaced, or couldn't find a shard. (inFamous also had issues where sometimes you grabbed shards, the game didn't save, yet you checked them off leaving you with three huge islands, and one lone shard to go back and find)

Edited by TyrantII

Just calling it as I see it. Many other games with these sort of collection trophies have the same irrational jump to conclusion posts about glitches. Most of them are dead wrong too.

The way this game saves is finicky, and the orbs are pretty well camouflaged in many of the set pieces. There's even a few places where if you die before hitting a save / checkpoint, you won't be able to collect the orbs on the path behind you and restart the chapter again. There's always one orb hanging somewhere that's overlooked for one reason, or not, or not saved, but it doesn't appear to be a completion glitch.

I hope you didn't have to delete your game data, and start over. Because I'd bet money that you missed a single orb, somewhere, even with the guide's.

It's one reason I hate these collection trophies in the first place. And if Dev's need to put them in, they should at least give us start/select menu readouts of items collected / items in level.

Edited by TyrantII

Just calling it as I see it. Many other games with these sort of collection trophies have the same irrational jump to conclusion posts about glitches. Most of them are dead wrong too.

The way this game saves is finicky, and the orbs are pretty well camouflaged in many of the set pieces. There's even a few places where if you die before hitting a save / checkpoint, you won't be able to collect the orbs on the path behind you and restart the chapter again. There's always one orb hanging somewhere that's overlooked for one reason, or not, or not saved, but it doesn't appear to be a completion glitch.

I hope you didn't have to delete your game data, and start over. Because I'd bet money that you missed a single orb, somewhere, even with the guide's.

It's one reason I hate these collection trophies in the first place. And if Dev's need to put them in, they should at least give us start/select menu readouts of items collected / items in level.

Man honestly stop with this, inFamous was not glitched but this game is. An orb on chapter 9 doesn't appear certain times, while one on chapter 3 actually disappears before your very eyes sometimes. I've read at least 15 posts from different people regarding these exact orbs. That's no coincidence. Just because it didn't glitch for you, doesn't mean the glitch is not present. All that's needed now is a youtube video to put this one to bed.

I'm also encountering the chapter 3 security door orb that disappears. How is this not a glitch?

EDIT: And 5 minutes later, I get the orb. Thanks to the poster who said to jump off of the right side of the ledge.

So yes, if I didn't do that, the orb kept disappearing. To me, that is a glitch. Doesn't mean it isn't if it doesn't happen to everyone.

Edited by FH2

i didnt come across any glitched orbs. however, before i played the game there was a 35mb update. if this update was a patch or not, i dont know. also, i collected all orbs on my first playthru playing on normal while using the complete orb guide. i had no problem getting them.

The chapter in which you start out on water, a cloud scene, you must blow up the boat. I was stuck at 98% I think it was. Anyways, before you push over the container, making a walkway for trip, ride your cloud to the left of the huge suspension bridge. There is a small island that had tech orbs, and currently will have plasma ammo. Get off your cloud, aim for the huge tanker, with a hole in its hull. The tank you need to shoot is here.

When you blow it up, an island becomes visible underneath it, containing hopefully, your last orbs for the chapter. Run to the end of the area, wait for a save and exit to menu.

These are needed for 100% for sure.

Dude, I was ready to throw in the towel! Thank you! Platinum, here I come!

Dude, I was ready to throw in the towel! Thank you! Platinum, here I come!

There's also a few in the boss fight that are very hard to spot, and blend into the background easily. If you're missing any, and they are not in the water area, or where the armored car is, they're probably there.

I'm still slowly going through my cleanup, and there have been no glitches. Just remember to always continue to a save point before exiting, and look around as some are very hard to spot. You also need to run right over many to get them to register, unlike the orbs you get from enemies.

Like all collection trophies, there was a lot of hooplah about glitches, that ultimately were just people jumping the gun.

EDIT: And Plat! There it is folks, confirmation. Follow the steps above, and there are no issues with orbs not registering. There's several spots where you have to do quite a bit before the game saves, or lose the orbs you collected. I also missed the "glitched" orb in chapter 9 first time through. It's not glitch, but blends in with the background very well, hence why it's easy to miss while running.

As much as it sucks, easiest way to get the collection trophy is to redo the entire chapter you have orbs missing in. I did this for the chapters I had missed orbs and had no problems.

Edited by TyrantII

• 2 weeks later...

Why do people think that just because they didn't personally encounter a glitch in their playthrough that they can therefore 100% guarantee that no one will ever encounter a glitch?

Just as a couple of examples: On my second playthrough, the framrate slowed down to about 2 frames per second during one part of the game. But that didn't happen the first time I played through that part. So I guess I was just hallucinating when I thought it happened the second time? I've also got dialogue sequences that don't play sometimes, but do play other times.

Because my first inclination isn't to claim a glitch, make a scene, then report back that oops, I missed something. Just look at the list of incorrect titled threads here where it happened in this game for others: "So and So glitched!?" five days later "hooha, nevermmind k thnxs!"

Or look at the list of like threads in every other game that has a collection trophy that is time consuming.

and what game doesn't suffer from frame rate issues, which yes, would manifest in audio slowdown/skipping too?

I also was unable to find any video or evidence of glitched orbs either, besides here, where I confirmed they were not. There's save point wackiness, and hard to find orbs, and the dang things need to be walked right over to register (not to mention sometimes the camera perspective makes doing so hard), but no, no orb glitches.

there are no glitched orbs in this game. nobody ever has reported that they couldn't find an orb eventually and had to start all over again.

NO GLITCHES!

One personal did on these forums did, but I think they jumped the gun and restarted from scratch too soon. But your are correct otherwise.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey I too had a glitched orb at the security door in chapter 3. I saw it there, looked away, and looked again and it disappeared. I got rest of the orbs, came back another time and got it that time. So I'd say without any hesitation, that some orbs are glitched :D Case closed.