Confirmation that Chapter 9 has ONE GLITCHED ORB

I have read about this on xbox360achievements.org, but couldnt find any information about it here in any of the existing threads about orbs.

I was close to giving up on Enslaved, because i couldnt find that one last orb in chapter 9. I still have a few other chapter to go through and one playthrough on hard, but i just couldnt stand the fact, that i was positive i didnt forget or miss ANY orb in chapter 9 and still was at 99%. I played this level 8 times (yes, i counted it), going through it very slowly and checking every inch in this level. My tactic was to stick to a wall and keep going in one direction until i would eventually come back to where i started + doing so with every island, object, etc that wasnt connected to the outer walls in every single room + always rotating the camera 360° + keeping an eye out for any vertical opportunities or hiding places for orbs. This way i managed to get 100% in absolutely every single level on the first try until i got to chapter 9.

The glitched orb is located right after the boat section where you have to kill a bunch of mechs and coming through the mech detecting gate. There are basically two areas now. One big area with the two turrets you have to destroy and one smaller section with 3 mechs and a ramp to the right turret.

Behind these 3 mechs there is one single orb you can easily miss, but i does not appear every time you enter this room.

I have read about this glitch, started chapter 9 again and checked the whole room with the 3 mechs and found nothing. Not one orb anywhere. I left the room, flying around with the cloud in the bigger part of this level and coming back to the smaller section. After a few times doing so (3 or 4) the orb appeared right on the wall. There is no way i could have missed it before. Its actually quite visable if you know where to look for it.

So, i can definitely confirm this orb IS glitched and you can get it to appear simply by entering and leaving this room.

This should be mentioned in the orb location guides and in the trophy guide, since it can drive you crazy.

I hope i helped some people out with this information.

Edited by fotznlecker

I had the exact same thing happen in chapter 3. In the area where Trip goes through a small hole under some rubble and you have to climb around, right before one of those security doors she opens. In the small room between the rubble and the door where you meet up with her again there's an orb in there that did not appear for me my first time through. Fortunately you have to go through that chapter twice to get all the orbs, and it did appear my second time through.

you really seem sure of this is glitch, i cant say that ur wrong or right !! i had few chapters like 99% or 98% but still with enough search, i managed to find all the orbs and get the plat, i could been got lucky and didnt get this glitch but i guess we cant tell now, anyway thanks for the info, im sure it will help in the future.

I just finished chapter 9 a couple of minutes ago and collected every orb on the level to 100%. So I can confirm that there is no glitched orb on this level. In fact the only glitched orb in the game is on Chapter 3, but you can easily obtain it once you know where that is.

Use this guide >>> Tech Orbs locations

Best orb location guide imo

Good luck!

I can also comfirm that i didn't run into any glitched orbs in this stage as i just completed it with 100% a few minutes ago by using the awesome guide here. I read this thread before playing the game and this shit had me worried but it was for nothing as like i said, i got every orb displayed in the guide. Only thing i did to make sure i had 100% was in the final dog racing section, i created a save b4 hand and made completely sure that i grabbed every orb on the left side(i did it a couple times till i was positive) then i ran through the stage in about 10 minutes and made sure to get every orb on the right side(which was easy cuz i believe theres only 2 rows of 3 orbs. ) then once the ch. was over, i quit out and to my relief, i saw 100%, chea!!!

The glitched orb is located right after the boat section where you have to kill a bunch of mechs and coming through the mech detecting gate. There are basically two areas now. One big area with the two turrets you have to destroy and one smaller section with 3 mechs and a ramp to the right turret.

Behind these 3 mechs there is one single orb you can easily miss, but i does not appear every time you enter this room.

I can confirm that this orb is glitched. I replayed the level 5 times and I couldn't find that one single orb... searched absolutely everywhere, even tried entering and leaving the room but no luck. After that I deleted my game data, started the chapter from the beginning and that efing orb was there near the mechs (i repeat that I searched that place thoroughly 5 times). So, anyone having the same problem try deleting your game data... if entering and leaving the room doesn't help.;)

• 2 weeks later...
EDIT: Never mind, found it. It was that silly dog chase scene where I had missed some. Didn't realise that you could keep up with the dog and go under the objects before they collapsed. :facepalm:

tnxfound them the way u found them too now i :applause::dance:got the plat

Those who still claim no orb was glitched just because they found the orbs just fine seem to not know what a glitch is. I can state from personal experience that some orbs sometimes were there and sometimes not. Neither does glitched mean they were impossible to obtain nor that it happens to everyone or everytime.

People have been checking orb locations and they weren't there until later, so if this isn't intended by the devs, then it's what I'd call GLITCHED. I've even had orbs appear out of nowhere before my own eyes twice.

• 2 weeks later...

Was stuck at 98% with several I knew I'd missed in the dog chase sequence. Went back and got those and was stuck at 99% thinking maybe I had the glitch. After trying the trick a few times I figured maybe I missed something in the dog sequence and it turned out I missed one right after the yellow arm falls and you go up another platform. Never had the glitch happen to me. Got the glitchy one on my first runthrough of the game.

And also I've had orbs appear right in front of me out of no were, mostly when the textures were delayed loading and also when on the cloud, but those two circumstances were the only times I had that happen. Still have chapter 3 though which supposedly has a glitched one so we'll see.

Edited by snake2410

• 2 weeks later...

I am absolutely certain there is at least one glitched orb in the game, so I don't doubt there are others.

For me, it was one in Chapter 3. After doing the very first Gun Mech takedown, you knock down a ladder for Trip. You then split up to meet at a security door. On the opposite wall as the door is an orb in the corner.

The first time I picked it up, no tech currency ... whatever ... was rewarded, and no sound was made. When I loaded the level again, it was still there, and furthermore before I could pick it up it disappeared before my eyes.

The third time I made sure to get to the orb quickly (you can drop down a ledge right on top of it), and it finally counted.

i must be really unlucky. i had all so far confirmed glitches. At level 3 it picked up the tech but the count did not registered. on level 9 tech was not there 3 times but was at the fourt try. and now i am stuck on level 5 - 99%. i have all levels at 100% except level 5. yes i'm missing only one, i've searched everywhere and it is not there. Yes i did blow up the boat at the beggining. I tried deleting game data but it does not work so far.

Any advice would be welcome, short off starting a new game and collecting them again.

i must be really unlucky. i had all so far confirmed glitches. At level 3 it picked up the tech but the count did not registered. on level 9 tech was not there 3 times but was at the fourt try. and now i am stuck on level 5 - 99%. i have all levels at 100% except level 5. yes i'm missing only one, i've searched everywhere and it is not there. Yes i did blow up the boat at the beggining. I tried deleting game data but it does not work so far.

Any advice would be welcome, short off starting a new game and collecting them again.

there are videos available for the first 10 chapters now (i think), so i would just get the tech orb videos & go through the chapter very slowly copying everything done in the video

Yep none of the orbs are glitched. They're just well hidden. I gave up on the hunt a month ago and just restarted again last night, only to find out how well hidden those darn last orbs were. Now finally I have the platinum for my troubles. So just keep checking every nook and you too will find those troublesome ones.

In the section where you have to get to an start a vehicle, there's a large container right at the beginning. (This is the section right before you get to the fight with the dog.) Look inside it and there should be a cluster of orbs that can be easily missed.

I have had similar experiences as above. That particular tech orb was not glitched for me, actually i didnt have any glitches. this and other threads sort of scared me, i spent a lot of timeon these orbs before hearing there are some glitched ones. but thankfully, with the help of anothers site's tech orb guide, i got 100% on most levels my second time through. i got the platinum too, so it is safe to say the game is not glitched. buuutt, i still dont have the dlc trophies listed on my trophy collection, because ive never been online with the game on.