enslaved 2, any chance?

enslaved was one of my suprise games of the last 10 years, i absolutely loved every minute of it, darksiders was another of my suprise games , my wondering was, does anybody think there could be an enslaved 2, ? i loved the look and feel to this game and the story was just my kind of thing, loved it, i dont see were they could go with a 2nd game and i have not heard any rumours but i would que all night to get this game if it were to release

• 2 weeks later...

And let's not forget this game was really meant to be a movie, but they weren't able to gather enough money, so they made this game instead. The only good thing in this game is the facial design. The story is decent, but that's only because they rip off old Japanese stories with some small twists.

No, there won't be a second game, even though I could see a second game becoming better if enough money was put into it.

Edited by MMDE

Ninja Theory are THE most under-rated developer of this generation IMO. I adored Enslaved and Heavenly Sword was a blast. Gameplay wise neither game offered anything new but were extremely well made and the gameplay was always satisfying.

And both games are an absolute masterclass in story and characterization, not to mention the incredible work from Andy Serkis and the motion capture team.

its an absolute disgrace IMO that none of their games sold well , yet COD sells a bejillion copies ever year.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

its an absolute disgrace IMO that none of their games sold well , yet COD sells a bejillion copies ever year.:mad:

Couldn't agree more - I loved Enslaved, though I've yet to play Heavenly Sword. And I just do not see the appeal in the COD series. I played a little of MW1, and just wasn't that impressed by it. I certainly won't be buying any other COD games, though if an Enslaved sequel WERE to happen, I'd pre-order it ASAP and would camp outside my nearest game retailer to buy it as soon as their doors opened!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Not a chance which is sad. I really liked the characters in this game. They were developed pretty well and the combat was pretty decent. The platforming was a joke and the story had its ups and downs. I like the world and wish they could do more with it, but the game didn't sell well so it's unlikely.

I agree with the characters. I really enjoyed the game.

I think I should post here again.

Creating a game was not the original plan. They wanted to make a movie, but didn't get enough money. You guys liked the characters, and perhaps the story. The story was half-done, it didn't really feel complete, and it was pretty short. It could have made a pretty bad movie, but perhaps a better one if it had been worked more on. The characters on the other hand was much better. This is not because the people behind this game did a great job, though they portrayed them pretty well, but because they are taken straight out of Journey to the West. Journey to the West - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia <-- Read about it on wikipedia. There are lots of popular series with characters from this story, like for example Dragon Ball. If you've ever watched Dragon Ball, compare every main character in this game with someone from that series, you will see who they all are. There is nothing new here at all. Another proof is the title of this game, pretty much exactly the same, Odyssey to the West, Journey to the West. ;)

The gameplay in this game wasn't really good. The battlesystem was pretty raw and rough. It doesn't really use the Unreal 3 Engine (I think that's what it uses) very well either. Problems with loading animations and items in the game. They keep popping up late. You can see similar problems in the game Alpha Protocol, which uses the same engine. The game was also very short and tried to extend this with collectibles.

What this brings me down to is my original post. The best thing about this game was the facial animations.

Saying the characters were taken straight out of Journey to the West is disingenuous at best. They are based on those characters and the story is based on it, but it is not a complete rip from the pages of Journey to the West either. The character Monkey from Enslaved is little like Goku from Journey to the West or Goku from Dragon Ball outside of name and general design.

Saying the characters were taken straight out of Journey to the West is disingenuous at best. They are based on those characters and the story is based on it, but it is not a complete rip from the pages of Journey to the West either. The character Monkey from Enslaved is little like Goku from Journey to the West or Goku from Dragon Ball outside of name and general design.

He is strong, uses a stick to fight, rides on a cloud and not the smartest one. Not taken straight from from the story you say? You could compare the other ones as well. Everything that makes them who they are, are taken straight from the story. It's not like they tried to do something else, I mean, they know and you should know they did so, hence the name of the game.

Edited by MMDE

He is strong, uses a stick to fight, rides on a cloud and not the smartest one. Not taken straight from from the story you say? You could compare the other ones as well. Everything that makes them who they are, are taken straight from the story. It's not like they tried to do something else, I mean, they know and you should know they did so, hence the name of the game.

You're taking minor characteristics of the character and assuming they are carbon copies of the original story. It's a terrible argument. So he is strong, uses a stick that can change size, and rides a cloud...that means he is based on the original character. Little more than that. Very important things you conveniently leave out because it destroys your argument entirely include not actually being a monkey, not being born from a rock, didn't train under a Taoist immortal, rides a motorcycle, character motivations, temperament, and the whole lack of reincarnation that put into motion events causing Son Wukong's war with Heaven.

If your argument held any water, there would be little discernible differences between the personalities of Sun Wukong, Monkey, and Goku from DB. This is clearly not the case despite their physical similarities.

You're taking minor characteristics of the character and assuming they are carbon copies of the original story. It's a terrible argument. So he is strong, uses a stick that can change size, and rides a cloud...that means he is based on the original character. Little more than that. Very important things you conveniently leave out because it destroys your argument entirely include not actually being a monkey, not being born from a rock, didn't train under a Taoist immortal, rides a motorcycle, character motivations, temperament, and the whole lack of reincarnation that put into motion events causing Son Wukong's war with Heaven.

If your argument held any water, there would be little discernible differences between the personalities of Sun Wukong, Monkey, and Goku from DB. This is clearly not the case despite their physical similarities.

I don't remember the game so well, but when you mentioned it, he is called Monkey by that girl all the time! ;)

Do you know for sure if he is not born from a rock? I can't recall if it says anything about his training, but you never know...

He does look a bit tempered once in a while, don't he? He doesn't want to help you at first... :p

It's not 100% carbon copy, of course it is not, but all the cool stuff is there.

Edited by MMDE

• 3 weeks later...

I liked this game, it was a good surprise to me and if they were to make a second game I would get it.The characters are cool (not agreeing at all with the person above saying this is Dragon Ball rip off),the story was nice as well and the gameplay was fun with the environment full of bright colours.It is unlikely they will ever make a second game but they should.

I liked this game, it was a good surprise to me and if they were to make a second game I would get it.The characters are cool (not agreeing at all with the person above saying this is Dragon Ball rip off),the story was nice as well and the gameplay was fun with the environment full of bright colours.It is unlikely they will ever make a second game but they should.

I never said it was a Dragon Ball rip off... I said it is based on the same story and characters as Dragon Ball is. It's even the title of the game...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Journey_to_the_West

It's nothing to agree or not to agree upon, it's a fact. lol :p

They have on the other hand put their own little twist to the story and the characters, but it fell kinda short some few places, especially near the end. I wouldn't really complain about the story, it just wasn't that awesome compared to original material. The gameplay is where this game falls flat.

Only reason I dragged in Dragon Ball was because you might not have read the stories, but that series have you probably seen. It's pretty obvious who's who. You should probably have read/seen the original Dragon Ball series, and not just Z or the new crap, to see the real similarities. The main character is called Monkey, uses a stick, flies on a cloud, is very strong, but not that smart, likes to fight. He drags around on a girl, who is very techy and a bit more "street smart".... etc

Edited by MMDE

I have seen the original series so don't make assumptions because as everyone knows when you do you make an ass outta you...Monkey has nothing to do with Goku,he is nicknamed monkey that doesn't mean he is a real one nor does he have a tail like Goku.The fact that he rides in a cloud and has spike hair are just small coincidences but like someone above has said the rest is completely different.You think he is a rip off,I don't that's not a fact it's an opinion...

I have seen the original series so don't make assumptions because as everyone knows when you do you make an ass outta you...Monkey has nothing to do with Goku,he is nicknamed monkey that doesn't mean he is a real one nor does he have a tail like Goku.The fact that he rides in a cloud and has spike hair are just small coincidences but like someone above has said the rest is completely different.You think he is a rip off,I don't that's not a fact it's an opinion...

Did you even read my entire post or just some few words here and there that fits your argument? >_>

The characters in Enslaved: Odyssey to the West is based on the same character as the character in Dragon Ball. They are based on the characters in this story: Journey to the West

Do you see the same name? It's a fact that it's based on the same characters. It is not a Dragon Ball rip-off, but it's based on the same characters. You can clearly see who is who if you compare. What happens in each of these fictions based on those characters are quite different...

Why did you only snip like a couple of words out of my post and reply to it?

Goku is also nick named Monkey. They both use a stick to fight. They are both strong. They both ride on something they call a cloud. They are good at fighting.

The girl in Enslaved is like the one in Dragon Ball too... >_>

"Dragon Ball was inspired by the classical Chinese novel Journey to the West."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Ball

It's a fact that they are both based on the same thing, and the fact that you can't see the resemblance does still make me wonder if you've seen the original series, and not just DBZ.

Edited by MMDE

Has this guys said,there are many different things about them and you are only comparing the things where they are alike,leaving the things that they are so different out just to prove your point and because they throw your theory out of the window.

As for the rest,many many games like this the hero likes to fight and is a strong guy,in many games the hero plays the strong guy with no brain while the girl is the smart one (if it was the other way around now that would be original) and using a stick...well many people fight with one.So that isn't exclusive to Dragon Ball and many games will keep doing that.

Again you are making assumptions,Dragon Ball was huge back in the day even before Z so many people saw it and that isn't a big deal.Yes Goku was dumb,had a girl following him called Bulma(not sure the name in english) he fought Yamcha,trained with krillin,defeatead Picollo father and so on so yeah I saw it but not going to keep replying to this thread because not only you keep makign assumptions but also have the internet attitude I'm right and you wrong and that's a fact.As been proven before no matter the arguments people make you keep coming back and replying trying to prove them wrong no matter what they say since your mind is set. No matter what other people argue you won't change your opinion even if they prove you wrong so this is a pointless arguement and a waste of time.

Back on topic yes Enslaved 2 would be more then welcome.