I went 18-0 online the other day

I used a Gohen Ultra but felt like a jerk for doing so. It has a move that one-shots other Construct type creatures. I was lucky enough to pull one out of a pack after a ticket game and it seemed like the ideal thing to play in this particular tournament.

I paired it with those Hermes Boots that give your guy +10 AGL so my Construct would go first, instant kill the enemy. And that was pretty much the end of that. I kind of hated running such a cheap deck but I didn't have enough other Construct cards to really go with anything else.

I didn't have Gohen Ultra but saw that everyone was using it and tried to come up with a way to counter it. Gem of the Dark (or whatever it is called) seemed awesome (10 damage preemptive attack against light) but I only had 1. I think a deck of 3 of those with maybe some wind swords could have been great but who knows. Gohen Ultra was brutal though.

It was. I really hated the way this tournament played out. There's very few practical cards. I kept seeing Gohen Ultra and Nova and that was pretty much it. Sometimes there were lamps.

A lot of the games that I saw just came down to contests of who could stack more boots on their Gohen Ultra.

I anticipate getting the Judgment card out of the event but it's easily the least fun I've had in one of these tournaments thus far.