How to become Thane of Falkreath?

Eric-B14

I'm trying to buy land in Falkreath and apparently I need to become Thane to do so. I've read all over about this but everyone who gives a way to fix it always talks about having Jarl Siddgeir as the Jarl of Falkreath but I made Dengeir the Jarl on mine. I've stolen a letter and killed the vampire for him but he won't give me any other quests. The steward of his won't say shit to me about it either even though I got a letter that says to talk to her to buy land.

I've heard that if you have a rare gift quest that he won't let you become Thane for some stupid reason. The only rare gift quest that I have is to deliver a book to Aldis but of course I sided with the Stormcloaks so Aldis isn't in the game anymore. I'm really pissed and I hope someone has a solution to this.

Not the definitive answer but I had a similar problem - clear as many quests as you can and try not to start any more - after completing each quest go back to Falkreath and see if that works - it worked for me but it seemed to be completely random as it unlocked after I completed a Whitehold book recovery quest.

Not the definitive answer but I had a similar problem - clear as many quests as you can and try not to start any more - after completing each quest go back to Falkreath and see if that works - it worked for me but it seemed to be completely random as it unlocked after I completed a Whitehold book recovery quest.

Alright I'll try it, thanks! :)

EDIT: I did a bunch of quests today and still no luck, I even did a few bounty quests from Tekla. :(

Edited by Eric-B14