Oh God... I Think I was Robbed... Where's my Wife? and My Belongings?

So, last time I played Skyrim (around Oct of 2012) and got the plat I hadn't played it since. That is until Dragonborn came out. I downloaded the Dragonborn add-on and traveled to Solstheim, did everything, came back to Skyrim, rode 5 dragons, then I went to my house on Whiterun (yeah I know, I'm cheap for buying Breezehome) so i could tell my wife we were moving to my new manor in Solstheim...

well, when I got home, much to my surprise, astonishment, disappointment and frustration I found that my wife an almost all of my belongings have vanished. Gone, without a trace. Everything on my weapon rack, the chests and cupboards upstairs, even all my books. They only stuff they didn't steal were a few books and drinks. All my ingredients, potions, weapons, armor, Daedric Artifacts, gone.... *sigh*

I am NOT happy... Mace of Molag-Bol was my fave weapon, I've been using Voldenrung to up my two-handed but now it's 100 and I want my mace back...

Edited by oversoul53

So, last time I played Skyrim (around Oct of 2012) and got the plat I hadn't played it since. That is until Dragonborn came out. I downloaded the Dragonborn add-on and traveled to Solstheim, did everything, came back to Skyrim, rode 5 dragons, then I went to my house on Whiterun (yeah I know, I'm cheap for buying Breezehome) so i could tell my wife we were moving to my new manor in Solstheim...

well, when I got home, much to my surprise, astonishment, disappointment and frustration I found that my wife an almost all of my belongings have vanished. Gone, without a trace. Everything on my weapon rack, the chests and cupboards upstairs, even all my books. They only stuff they didn't steal were a few books and drinks. All my ingredients, potions, weapons, armor, Daedric Artifacts, gone.... *sigh*

I am NOT happy... Mace of Molag-Bol was my fave weapon, I've been using Voldenrung to up my two-handed but now it's 100 and I want my mace back...

maybe 1 of the pathes did it? thats more likely then your wive leaving the dragonborn :D

I don't remember if the game was patched at all since October 2012 (I think it was), but I remember reading somewhere that there was some specific way to make sure that everything worked correctly for the DLC. This is what I did. Keep in mind, I hadn't patched since February 2012, meaning that I was way behind on updates. I didn't even have the cinematic archery/magic kill cam.

1. Delete game data and patch data from Game Data Utility.

2. Start Skyrim. Let the patch and game data re-install.

3. Install Dragonborn.

4. Load up your save file. Save your game in a new file. DO NOT overwrite the one you loaded from.

5. Go to Save Data Utility and delete all saves bar the newest one.

6. Enjoy.

7. ???

8. Game glitches in another way (stupid ebony ore in Ravenrock Mine isn't spawning) and you rage.

9. Cry in the corner.

Doing it this way I've only run into one problem so far. I haven't played that much, but everything is running smoothly for me so far and everything was where I last left it.

Looks like the above post answers your query. Its no consilation though. The only thing i would add is; having put in several hundred hours you learn to make multiple saves. I hope you have, that way youve only lost 10 or so hours.

Either that or she has done a runner, keep an eye out for a courier with a solicitors letter!

wow guys... I am very retarded... *sigh* I just recently realized that I haven't played this game in sooooo long that I completely forgot that after I had saved up more money I had purchased a second house in Solitude and moved all my stuff there... uuuuughhh... my stuff didn't vanish... I just simply misplaced it... in another house... which I happen to own... *facepalm*

wow guys... I am very retarded... *sigh* I just recently realized that I haven't played this game in sooooo long that I completely forgot that after I had saved up more money I had purchased a second house in Solitude and moved all my stuff there... uuuuughhh... my stuff didn't vanish... I just simply misplaced it... in another house... which I happen to own... *facepalm*

LMAO. After all that; the accusations of adultery against your wife and the accusations of thievery of your belongings, they were in your new house all along? :rofl:

Wow, another house who would have guessed.

It becomes more complex with all the houses, hence I usually store all stuff in Whiterun, it is the easiest house to fast travel to, with the exception of the hearthfire dlc homes.

I miss place stuff sometimes as well. Also forget which console has which items, between 500 hours on ps3 and 200 on Xbox thru several characters, I forget which items I own in each.

What I usually do is load prior saves to find missing items , making use of the infinite saves, well not really, only 130 on ps3, however you can off load them to USB , my current save count is over 500. Note Xbox has no limit.

Edited by ecto69

om man thanks for this post, he made me laugh so much :'D