The Whispering Door : Am I screwed?

OK, I just miss 3 daedric artifacts. Found the first ones by myself but went on uesp site to check the three missing. One of them is Mephala's Ebony Blade. And it appears that I have to speak to the Jarl Barlgruf the Great about his children. Except...that I already kicked this guy out from the throne with the Stormcloaks.

So? Am I screwed? Has someone already been in the same case? Will the new Jarl take the place of the old one as a quest giver? Or will the quest move to Balgruf's new wherabouts (Solitude it seems)? Please tell me that i can still get this trophy! :(

Ebony Blade – In order to start this quest you need to be a level 20 and have completed the main “Dragon Rising” quest. Also, if you choose the Stormcloaks in the civil war storyline, it doesn’t matter, you just have to help the new Jarl. To start this one, ask the bartender in the Bannered Mare in Whiterum about rumours, then go see the Jarl and activate “The Whispering Door” quest.

Taken directly from the trophy guide

Ebony Blade – In order to start this quest you need to be a level 20 and have completed the main “Dragon Rising” quest. Also, if you choose the Stormcloaks in the civil war storyline, it doesn’t matter, you just have to help the new Jarl. To start this one, ask the bartender in the Bannered Mare in Whiterum about rumours, then go see the Jarl and activate “The Whispering Door” quest.

Taken directly from the trophy guide

And not one lick helpful! I had the same problem TC is having. The new Jarl is nowhere to be found, and when you choose 'show map' the map hovers over Solitude but doesn't give a nav arrow.

Solution: After the Jarl is kicked out of Whiterun, he resides on the basement floor of the Blue Palace in Solitude. His children stay in Whiterun, so all you have to do is head over to the Blue Palace and speak to him about the rumors to continue/start the quest. Everything else will be the same.