Rate the trophy difficulty...  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_9.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 8.80

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Darth_Krid

• 1 month later...

The only real hard trophy is Conqueror which require you to not die (didnt try on Hard, but on EXTRA its a 2 hit death), sure you can recover but max I could do was 4 times.

you also need to kill everything even the mid-level bosses that can one-shoot you.

overall 8 imo.

Edit: currently 46% , should be done with Extra difficulty hopefully today and no death run tomorrow. then its chapter select for G rating.

Edited by Falasi007

I have played the Japan version a lot and it's near impossible to get G Ranks on HARD. The requirements are even more strict than Ninja Gaiden or DMC S ranks.

I give this a 9 out of 10.

Probably 9.5 or closer to 10.

Edit: currently 46% , should be done with Extra difficulty hopefully today and no death run tomorrow. then its chapter select for G rating.

Don't rate it then.

Also no offense but you seem confident you'll do this, I'll check your trophy list in a month and see if you gave up by then. I know I did.

edit: OK again no offense but after looking at your completions I think it's best to tackle more simple-minded Platinums and move on from El Shaddai.

34 rated it a 10? really?

The game has just been released outside Japan and no trophy guide has been posted, yet already 34 10s? :confused:

The game has been out since April in Japan. Almost FIVE MONTHS. The game is also very popular there, and this is the only place on the net where you can really submit difficulty ratings on an English speaking site. To add on to that, a bunch of people imported. Just because it just came out in YOUR region and everyone isn't making a guide doesn't mean the rest of the world never played it enough to rate it.

I know for a fact a lot of the Japanese PS3 wiki people are linked to here.

I don't know if you understand the precision and perfection it takes for this completion. This is just another one of those cases where people all vote 10, just like Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 or hell even Killzone 2. Are they 10? Well that's up to the person to decide but overall you always see a mass consensus of 10.

The main issue is the joke 1/10 votes. Look, these kids are just rating it that because they want to see the results, and they are too stupid to know there's a "View results" link under the rating options. This site needs to fix that to avoid those 1-5 joke votes.

Honestly, when I first started playing this game, it seemed to be that it was going to be really difficult. But, really, when it comes down to it, there really are only a handful of truly difficult trophies, specifically "Conqueror" and "Show No Mercy".

The G Ranks is the beef of the Platinum. It doesn't matter if you can get all the other trophies quickly, if you don't have 100% and something is holding you back, it's not easy. This is rating the entire Platinum rating, not 4/5 of the trophies.

Edited by yuggy

The game has been out since April in Japan. Almost FIVE MONTHS. The game is also very popular there, and this is the only place on the net where you can really submit difficulty ratings on an English speaking site. To add on to that, a bunch of people imported. Just because it just came out in YOUR region and everyone isn't making a guide doesn't mean the rest of the world never played it enough to rate it.

I know for a fact a lot of the Japanese PS3 wiki people are linked to here.

I don't know if you understand the precision and perfection it takes for this completion. This is just another one of those cases where people all vote 10, just like Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 or hell even Killzone 2. Are they 10? Well that's up to the person to decide but overall you always see a mass consensus of 10.

The main issue is the joke 1/10 votes. Look, these kids are just rating it that because they want to see the results, and they are too stupid to know there's a "View results" link under the rating options. This site needs to fix that to avoid those 1-5 joke votes.

First, thank you for your elaboration. I have been a follower of Japan games and I had my eye on this one for a long time. I was going to import it then I heard the news its coming to oversea markets. Anyway, I usually don't miss any ACT game esp. this type and it's on my next-to-plat list.

Second, I still think giving the game a 10 seems a little bit out of the place. Quite a lot of people have achieved this platinum in a week (of course a lot of them live in Japan and are good at this type of games). The ratio does not look close to other difficult games like SSF and NGS (SSFiv has a 1.94% and NGS2 has a 3.9%). El Shaddai has already 50 players out of 500 who already got the plat. That's a 10% and from my experience that fell pretty much into a difficulty 6 - 8 range.

Third, 10 is equal to "almost impossible" in my opinion, anyone who has played this game yet has not received a plat should not rate it just because they think in their 20 or 30 hours playing time it's too hard for them and just gave up trying. Certainly the rating is not for those who just started playing and found the game was maybe "hard".

Anyway, 34/50 people rated it 10 seems very bizarre to me and makes me wonder how hard the game truly is. I guess there is only one way to find out. :whistle:

Edited by YokA_sun

By the way, what I think is truly worth a 10 at the release of the game is lost planet 2. For quite a long time that game there was none who achieved a plat and eventually only 0.3% were able to do it. Even though, I remember for the first few weeks the game was not rated 10 by a lot of people. Most people DO NOT vote before they are close to plat. Now El Shaddai pretty much has a same ratio of people 60-70% (to LP2) voting 10.

The G Ranks is the beef of the Platinum. It doesn't matter if you can get all the other trophies quickly, if you don't have 100% and something is holding you back, it's not easy. This is rating the entire Platinum rating, not 4/5 of the trophies.

You're absolutely right. I misspoke, really. I initially voted the Platinum difficulty at an 8, but now after two-and-a-half more playthroughs I'm really wishing I'd put at least a 9.

I give the Platinum an 8. The hardest trophy is definitely the Conqueror trophy because this game will take nothing short of an almost perfect run on your end when it comes to G ranking on Hard.

You need a perfect Secret Score if you want to have a good chance at G ranking a stage because it's a really big chunk of your score. For the perfect secret you can't use rapid-fire recovery (in other words don't die), you can't miss a jump when platforming, you can't miss any of the large Flames of Power on the stage you're on, and you have to fight every enemy and you have to steal every last weapon from them.

I missed one of the large Flames of Power on Chapter 5 once and I was short several 100,000 points by the end of it. When I found the one I was missing, I instantly got the G rank. Here's a tip for all of you after the Conqueror trophy: Always save at the Lucifel save point. Trust me, it'll save you some time and frustration if you do happen to miss anything on the stage.

Not only that, you have to know how to combo and combat well so your stage score is also high. The enemies hit like trucks on Hard, they have a lot of life, and they have super armor on when they're attacking. Not only that, the game will always spawn enemies that the current weapon your wielding is weak against starting from Chapter 3 and, with the exception of a few encounters, it will stay that way till the end of the game so you need to know how to use all three weapons well + know how to dodge and perfect guard if you want to succeed.

And you gotta hurry through the stages if you want a nice time bonus so yeah, Conqueror trophy is pretty hard. I'm just glad I'm done with it.

</blahblahblah>

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If it wasn't for the score ranking, I would have ranked this game much lower, but Conqueror is just brutal. Also, personally, I think the clear stage 8 without falling ONCE trophy also merits it a point higher on the scale. Really irritating stuff. I am not going for the plat on this game, it'd just take too much time.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Gave it a 9. Literally the hardest platinum I have ever obtained, and I've managed to get the platinum trophy for every game I've played on the Playstation 3. It all boils down to the Conquerer trophy really - it takes an absurd amount of patience, perseverance and skill to get that one. If you try for it, it won't be pretty.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I plat'd this last year but I completely forgot I have this account so I may as well start contributing.

I'm rating this game a 9/10.

The game itself is no cake-walk and you need to understand how the weapons work and how the grading system works. What combos are the most effective and how to fight each boss while barely taking damage. If save points didn't exist this would be a 11/10 easily.

Pure skill trophy list, I love it.

Good luck to anybody out there that tries this.