Guacamelee! El Diablo's Domain DLC ~ Trophy Guide & Roadmap

diskdocx

*This guide is property of diskdocx. Published on PST.org. Do not copy or repost any portion of this guide without permission*

If this or any of my guides have encouraged you to join the site, please register here - I would appreciate the referral upon your sign-up.

Overview:

• Estimated trophy difficulty: 3-4/10 (personal estimate, skill dependent and assuming you are on normal difficulty with Pollo power).
  • Offline: 7 (5 (B), 1(S), 1(G) )
  • Online: 0
  • Approximate amount of time to 100%: 2 hours.
  • Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1+ playthrough of each of the 17 challenges.
  • Number of missable trophies: None, all challenges can be replayed.
  • Glitched trophies: none known at this time.
  • Does difficulty affect trophies? No, and it is highly recommended to do this on normal difficulty.
  • Do cheat codes disable trophies? No cheat codes known. While not a code, Pollo power is infinitely useful to bypass many of the platforming sections, and does not affect trophies.
  • Special Notes: This is the second DLC add-on for Guacamelee, and costs $2.99 in the North American Store, 2.49 in the European Store. The DLC is cross-buy, so purchasing it gives you both the VITA and PS3 versions.

Introduction:

The second DLC Add-on pack features 3 new costumes to unlock, and adds 17 new challenge levels in El Infierno. El Infierno is accessed from Desierto Caliente. The entry door is essentially directly below the Desierto starting point, and the door is visible on the in game mini map. I have posted a picture below with my character standing next to the entry door (see mask located in photo).

http://i.imgur.com/KjdMgJr.jpg

The new levels require you to complete a variety of challenges while under time limits, navigating traps, or with specific combat requirements such as no dodge, no power moves, or without getting hit. Some challenges also require a specific max combo level, and one involves throwing a chicken through obstacles to reach the exit. Seriously.

Overall the challenges are not too difficult, but some will take a number of tries. Most of them only take 1-2 minutes to complete. If you are struggling with a specific challenge, it may be best to skip it and try again with a different costume.

**General Tips**

This add on pack can be accessed at any time during game play, once you have opened the Desierto Caliente level. With that said, I would strongly suggest you attempt this after completing the game on normal, and with a 100% save file. In particular, having the flying ability for Pollo Power (which requires you to have 5 out of the 6 Orbs) is immensely helpful for bypassing the platforming sections in this DLC.

Walkthrough:

Step 1: Complete the 17 Trials Achieving all Gold

I would suggest playing through the levels from start to finish, completing them in order. You can go for all bronze, then come back to replay a level for silver and gold, or keep replaying until you have gold, then go on to the next. Medals stack, so if you achieve gold, you automatically have silver and bronze, and if you achieve silver, you automatically have bronze.

If you find yourself stuck, move on, then retry with a different costume. In particular, the El Portero costume is very helpful to rack up the high combo scores needed for some of the challenges, and the Alebrije costume makes quick work of enemies which helps reduce the time in some of the combat challenges. These costumes can be unlocked once you have at least 10 bronze medals, and at least 10 silver medals, respectively. Note that you have to collect the costume from a treasure chest before you can switch to it at an altar. All the costumes for this DLC are located behind the locked elevator doors on the main floor level of the Devil's Advocates Law Firm, located just to the right of the altar. The doors are opened once you have met the minimum medal count requirement.

As noted in Step 3, there are a few level specific trophies, that require you to use a specific costume while clearing that level. You can do those trophies during this step, provided you have unlocked the relevant costume. See Trophy Guide for full details.

Trophies earned in this step - 3

(G) World Champion

(S) Title Contender

(B) Heavyweight

Step 2: Replay the final boss battle

Once you have gained access to Diablo's Suit, use quick transport to move to the Great Temple. This will place you just outside the final battle.

All you need to do here is beat Calaca with full health. This is not as hard as it sounds, as this suit regenerates health every time you melee an enemy.

Trophies earned in this step - 1

(B) The Devil Wears Revenge

Step 3: Clean up (Optional)

At this point the only thing that may be left is to complete specific challenges wearing certain costumes. You will need at least 10 gold medals to unlock all the necessary costumes (medals stack, so 10 gold automatically gives you 10 silver, and 10 bronze). You may already have completed these during Step 1. Finally you need to clear Challenge 14 using 4 or less Goat Fly maneuvers. This is easiest to do by simply using flying Pollo Power to clear the level, and is also a good tactic to achieve the gold medal time.

Trophies earned in this step - 3

(B) GOOOOOOOAL!

(B) Beastly

(B) The Old-Fashioned Way

Edited by diskdocx

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1568/55.jpgWorld Championhttp://www.ps3trophies.org/images/site/icons/trophy_gold.png

Earn a Gold Medal in all Infierno challenges

This trophy is the hardest of the DLC. You will need to complete all 17 Challenges with a gold medal. Mostly this will be trial and error, and patience as you replay the levels to perfect your technique. There is no specific walkthrough for this, but I will provide some general tips to help with some of the more difficult Challenges.

Combo Challenges (Numbers 2, 6, 8)

• Your best strategy here is to use El Portero. Because his attacks are weaker, you will need to hit the enemies more times in order to kill them, which gives you the opportunity to rack up a higher combo
  • You do NOT need to combo the entire challenge, and you do not need to finish the level on your max combo. As long as your best combo exceeds the target, you will get gold

Time Challenges (Numbers 7, 9, 14)

• Abuse flying Pollo Power to quickly get through these.
  • You will also collect (B) The Old Fashioned Way for clearing Challenge 14 with this method

Powerful Enemy Challenge (Number 13)

• Use Alebrije here. Even though you theoretically take more damage, this Challenge requires you to clear it without getting hit, so you don't need to worry about dying.
  • This costume deals so much damage that you will clear enemies much quicker, reducing the chance that you will get overwhelmed

Chicken Throw Challenge (Number 15)

• Let me just say I hated this one. The El Portero costume will help as you can throw the chicken further. Just make sure you dimension swap to freeze the chicken, then :triangle: to grab it in the air. Whenever you have it grabbed, you will hold your position, even if you are mid jump.

Final Challenge (Number 17)

• This one is actually fairly easy with the Alebrije costume. The same principle applies as with Challenge 13, the increased damage you deal will allow you to quickly clear rooms and therefore reduce your overall time.
  • The optimal path is as follows; Up 2 rooms, then left one (you see a "Hang In There" sign. Clear this room then go up one, then right 3 rooms (there is a "Try To Relax sign in the second room). Finally go up 1, right 1 to reach the exit.
  • Use your power up attacks as much as possible and spam head butt to deal even more damage.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1568/56.jpgTitle Contendorhttp://www.ps3trophies.org/images/site/icons/trophy_silver.png

Earn a Silver Medal in all Infierno challenges

See (G) World Champion

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1568/57.jpgHeavyweighthttp://www.ps3trophies.org/images/site/icons/trophy_bronze.png

Earn a Bronze Medal in all Infierno challenges

See (G) World Champion

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1568/58.jpgGOOOOOOOAL!http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/site/icons/trophy_bronze.png

Complete Infierno challenge 10 and challenge 15 as El Portero

El Portero is the first costume from this DLC. It unlocks when you complete at least 10 Challenges achieving a Bronze medal. It can be any 10 Challenges. Collect the suit from the Bronze elevator, immediately to the right of the Altar on the ground floor of the Devil's Advocates Law Firm, then use the Altar to switch to this costume.

Costume Abilities

• Super powerful throws
  • Weaker melee attack damage

Simply replay Challenges 10 & 15, completing them with any medal, to unlock this trophy.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1568/59.jpgBeastlyhttp://www.ps3trophies.org/images/site/icons/trophy_bronze.png

Complete Infierno challenge 17 as the Alebrije

Alebrije is the second costume from this DLC. It unlocks when you complete at least 10 Challenges achieving a Silver medal. It can be any 10 Challenges. Collect the suit from the Silver elevator, immediately to the right of the Altar on the ground floor of the Devil's Advocates Law Firm, then use the Altar to switch to this costume.

Costume Abilities

• Deal massive damage
  • Take massive damage

Simply complete Challenge 17, achieving any medal, to unlock this trophy.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1568/60.jpgThe Devil wears Revenge!http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/site/icons/trophy_bronze.png

Defeat Calaca with full health in Diablo's Suit

Diablo's Suit is the third costume from this DLC. It unlocks when you complete at least 10 Challenges achieving a Gold medal. It can be any 10 Challenges. Collect the suit from the Gold elevator, immediately to the right of the Altar on the ground floor of the Devil's Advocates Law Firm, then use the Altar to switch to this costume.

Costume Abilities

• Melee attacks steal life
  • More stamina
  • Less life

Next you need to use a quick transport to move to the Great Temple. This will place you just before the final battle. All you need to do here is beat Calaca with full health. This is not as hard as it sounds, as this suit regenerates health every time to melee an enemy. As long as you don't get hit too many times, or too close to the end of the fight you should be fine.

Note that the trophy requirement is only for beating the second stage of the fight with full health, and you can let Calaca kill you and restart if you are getting too low on health. Most of his attacks are straight forward, and all can be dodged. Just take your time.

Again, this can be done on hard, but is much easier on normal difficulty.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1568/61.jpgThe Old-Fashioned Wayhttp://www.ps3trophies.org/images/site/icons/trophy_bronze.png

Complete Infierno challenge 14 using Goat Fly no more than four times

This can be completed very easily by using Pollo Power and flying through the level. Otherwise you will need to very carefully time your jumps to minimize the use of Goat Fly. You will get the trophy as long as you complete the Challenge, any medal will do.

MrBeens has kindly provided a walkthrough for those who don't have flying Pollo Power;

I did The Old Fashioned Way without Pollo Power.

Use your 1st Goat fly at the beginning and dodge through the vines grabbing the wall. Goat run up, and jump over the wall, grabbing the backside of the same wall. Slide down, and use a regular double jump to the right to grab the left side of the next wall coming up from the bottom. Goat run up and grab the backside of the middle wall coming down from the ceiling. Goat run up to the top of this wall and use your 2nd Goat fly to the right.

Now make your way up using Goat run. When you reach a point where you are running up the right wall, and the ceiling juts out a bit blocking you, do a double jump to the left, then in mid air, turn around to the right and use an uppercut and dash punch to re-attach to the right wall. Continue up. When it gets narrow and you need to switch sides, just use regular jumps and the dodge move to get through the vines.

When you reach the spot with the narrow opening to the left with the green spikes, make sure to stand on the tiny little ledge just before the green spikes. This will make it so you can re-use your special moves, since your feet are now on the ground. Once you've done this, attach to the right wall, use your 3rd Goat fly to the left to get through the spike tunnel.

Once you hit the left wall, Goat run up, and then be ready to use your 4th Goat fly to the right, to pass over the next row of green spikes. During the middle of your Goat fly, as soon as you pass by where the ceiling is above you, use the turn-around-uppercut-dash-punch move to attach to the left wall.

Continue up and enjoy the trophy! :applause:

Edited by Labartu

Done. If anyone can confirm the EU price I would appreciate adding that.

Also, if anyone did these without the flying Pollo Power and has any tips for (B) The Old Fashioned Way I would be happy to add those.

As always, any other tips, suggestions, or feedback are welcome.

Hope this is helpful, enjoy.

Edited by diskdocx

Why does the roadmap suggest completing all challenges before getting the costumes? You can just complete enough challenges to unlock the costume, and then complete 10, 15, and 17. I realize it's only three rooms you'd have to do twice, but it seems like a roadmap should be the quickest way.

I will make it clearer that you can do these while clearing the challenges in Step 1. That said, you don't unlock El Portero until you have cleared 10 Challenges, so unless you do them out of order you cannot have that costume the first time you play Challenge 10.

Any way you look at it, there is a bit of back and forth to clear the challenges, then to get the golds.

Also, if anyone did these without the flying Pollo Power and has any tips for (B) The Old Fashioned Way I would be happy to add those.

Use your 1st Goat fly at the beginning and dodge through the vines grabbing the wall. Goat run up, and jump over the wall, grabbing the backside of the same wall. Slide down, and use a regular double jump to the right to grab the left side of the next wall coming up from the bottom. Goat run up and grab the backside of the middle wall coming down from the ceiling. Goat run up to the top of this wall and use your 2nd Goat fly to the right.

Now make your way up using Goat run. When you reach a point where you are running up the right wall, and the ceiling juts out a bit blocking you, do a double jump to the left, then in mid air, turn around to the right and use an uppercut and dash punch to re-attach to the right wall. Continue up. When it gets narrow and you need to switch sides, just use regular jumps and the dodge move to get through the vines.

When you reach the spot with the narrow opening to the left with the green spikes, make sure to stand on the tiny little ledge just before the green spikes. This will make it so you can re-use your special moves, since your feet are now on the ground. Once you've done this, then attach to the right wall, use your 3rd Goat fly to the left to get through the spike tunnel.

Once you hit the left wall, Goat run up, and then be ready to use your 4th Goat fly to the right, to pass over the next row of green spikes. During the middle of your Goat fly, as soon as you pass by where the ceiling is above you, use the turn-around-uppercut-dash-punch move to attach to the left wall.

Edited by MrBeens
Spelling

When you reach the spot with the narrow opening to the left with the green spikes, make sure to stand on the tiny little ledge just before the green spikes. This will make it so you can re-use your special moves, since your feet are now on the ground. Once you've done this, then attach to the right wall, use your 3rd Goat fly to the left to get through the spike tunnel.

Thank you - I have added that to the guide, and credited you.

Out of curiosity, were you able to beat the gold time with this method as well?

Thank you - I have added that to the guide, and credited you.

Out of curiosity, were you able to beat the gold time with this method as well?

No, I did it just for the trophy. I don't think I even came close to the time, because I was being careful.

To get the gold, just use as many Goat fly's as you want, you can get through it much quicker that way.

In regards to doing it on normal how is this possible if my last save was on Hard with all powers & upgrades? :confused:

There are a few options. First of all, if you have a 100% hard save (in other words, all the orbs), you can probably do this on hard. Most of the challenges are jumping skills, and those don't change with difficulty level. The combo arenas might be easier if the enemies take more damage, as it means you can get more hits in.

Where you may run into a bit more trouble is on the Challenges where you can't take any damage, where you don't have your powers, and on the last one where you have to clear the enemies quickly. Use the recommended costumes and you will likely be ok.

If you don't have the orbs, and don't have flying Pollo Power, your task is harder, but not impossible. It will just mean you have to tackle the difficult jumping/power sections legit :whistle:

The other option is to try to revert your game to Normal. There is a thread in the main forum regarding how to switch from Normal to Hard to avoid the second playthrough - you just have to reverse that.

In order to do this, you would need to back up your save, delete the game and both patches, restore your save, then revert your game to normal. Now redownload the patches and you should be good to go.

I would assume you can clear it on hard, and without the flying Pollo Power trick, it would just be harder. Again, the recommendation is to make the DLC as easy as possible.

Firstly would like to say great guide :applause:. I apologise in advance if this seems like a stupid question. Here's my predicament, I've a total of 11 gold medals through different rooms (not on all floors) mixed etc, yet all my costumes are still locked?? Am I missing something or has the game bugged out on me? I presumed getting gold would count as getting bronze and silver? No? :think:

Firstly would like to say great guide :applause:. I apologise in advance if this seems like a stupid question. Here's my predicament, I've a total of 11 gold medals through different rooms (not on all floors) mixed etc, yet all my costumes are still locked?? Am I missing something or has the game bugged out on me? I presumed getting gold would count as getting bronze and silver? No? :think:

Gold medals count towards the bronze and silver medals. I never unlocked a single bronze/silver medal and have been able to acquire all 3 costumes once I achieved my tenth gold medal. Maybe make sure you really have 10? Otherwise I'm afraid the game might have bugged on you. :(

Doh!! I feel really stupid now lol, I just walked around and found the doors marked bronze, silver, gold and didn't realise you had to walk through the doors to break the chests to get the costumes.

Problem solved :rofl:

Sorry, I didn't see this earlier. Yes, you have to collect the costume first. The doors are to the right of the altar (as noted in the guide :whistle:), and they open once you have cleared 10 bronze/silver/gold.

Glad you found them. (in fairness, I was perplexed at first as well, but I'll deny saying that if anyone ever questions me :cool:)

Went to the PS Store and this DLC is not there, is this only available for EU regions?

It is definitely in the US store, was added on Tuesday July 23. I think the EU version came out Wednesday. I bought mine on the Vita PSN store, but I'm sure it's in the main store as well.

"World Champion" Glitched on me and didn't unlock even though I had all Gold medals done and I even flew by all the challenge doors to double check. I replayed a challenge and just got bronze on it, when it saved at the end of that replayed challenge, then the trophy popped. So if you have medal trophies not popping for you when you definitely have them all, just replay any challenge. Doesn't matter what you earn in the replay. Just finish it and let the game save then trophy should pop.

Really having trouble with these combo challenges, does anyone have a few tips or maybe a video?

Thanks!

EDIT: Ok, i managed all but challenge 10 is killing me. Any ideas?

Edited by Nacnik