Echochrome Road Map

TigerLust

http://www.tigerlust.com/ps3/echochrome_roadmap.gif

If you have found this or any other threads that I maintain useful and are compelled to join this forum as a consequence, please give me a referral upon signing up by clicking here.

Overview

+ Estimated trophy difficulty: 6.46/10

+ Offline: 9 (2(G) 1(S) 6(B))

+ Online: 1(B)

+ Total: 10 (2(G) 1(S) 7(B))

+ Approximate time: 10-20 hours (depends on your skill)

+ Minimum number of play-throughs needed: 2 (one for courses, one for stages)

+ Missable trophies: None

+ Glitched: None

+ Cheats: None

Road-map

Step 1: Total Traversal

You will encounter courses A-G, each having 8 stages (ie: A1, A2, A3, etc). You can play each stage individually (such as A1), or do them on a course (where you have a certain amount of time to complete A1-A8 for course A). To get all the trophies, you will actually need to do it BOTH ways. For doing all the stages you will get Traversal. Along the way, you will get Half the Journey (A to D). For doing all the courses you get Total traversal.

Please note that the game itself only shows if you completed a stage, and it displays the same whether you did it by individual stage or during a course. So if you are not following the advice of the next paragraph, you will need to keep track on paper of what you completed.

First get familiar with A1-A8 by doing those individual stages. When you have them down, do course A, while the stages are still fresh in your mind. If you find yourself getting stuck on one particular stage, practice that one stage, and then try doing the course again. Repeat this for all courses/stages (A1 to G8).

If you'd like help, there are youtube videos of all the stages! First LegalArcade posted courses A-D and then mrnothing completed this by posting the harder ones: courses E-G. Wish I had all these videos as a last resort when I played this game, but anyhow, it will be a lot easier now than the original votes for the trophy difficulty...

Step 2: Create/Play/Share

To create a level go to the level creator/editor, make a level with an echochrome starting point, test the level and save. You will make custom stages and play them to unlock any trophies that you didn't get during the pre-made stages:

For Rock Bottom, you need to Fall 100 times. Create a level with a black hole directly beside you, so you will make an endless loop of falls.

For Flyin' High, you need to Jump 100 times. Create a level with a white circle jump pad beside you, making an endless loop of jumps.

For ShadoW, you need to collect 500 echoes. Create a level with 4 echos right next to you; replay till this unlocks.

For echochrome, you need to complete 100 stages. Create a level with 1 echo beside you; replay till this unlocks.

For Take a Hike, you need to take 10,000 steps. Create a level with an endless square walking space, put a rubber band on the :cross: button and go for a jog!

Now go to the main game section, use right trigger to find your custom levels and then the :cross: button to see the upload option. Upload five tracks for Gimme five.

When you have all the other trophies, you will get a (P)-like trophy (G)echochrome master.

Closing Notes

Thanks to mrnothing for the excellent video guide of courses E-G and chucknorris for the trophy guide.

Trophy Guide and Road Map are complete! Open to suggestions, feedback, comments, etc. Thank you for reading and I hope you have fun getting your 100%

These road maps and/or trophy guides remains the property of the author. Ps3trophies.org is licensed to display this once here in the forum and one copy on the "front end" of the site under the guide tab. This license does not allow any additional copies to be posted on this site, nor in any other physical form, electronic media, or any other form. This may not be duplicated in any fashion without the expressed permission of the author.

Edited by TigerLust

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Please note that the game itself only shows if you completed a stage, and it displays the same whether you did it by individual stage or during a course. So if you are not following the advice of the next paragraph, you will need to keep track on paper of what you completed.

Is this accurate? In my game, if I complete a COURSE, the course will show my record time for completion. If it shows the record time, it means that I've completed it and if it shows dashes, it means that I haven't completed it yet.

For stages, if you beat them their icons get a little white squares on them, plus you will also get your record time. Unless I'm wrong, I think the quoted paragraph needs to be updated.

Is this accurate? In my game, if I complete a COURSE, the course will show my record time for completion. If it shows the record time, it means that I've completed it and if it shows dashes, it means that I haven't completed it yet.

For stages, if you beat them their icons get a little white squares on them, plus you will also get your record time. Unless I'm wrong, I think the quoted paragraph needs to be updated.

So if you do a course, while completing stages you didn't play individually, do you see the same exact white squares and the record time? How can you tell if you did the stage individually or not?

So if you do a course, while completing stages you didn't play individually, do you see the same exact white squares and the record time? How can you tell if you did the stage individually or not?

Maybe that's the thing man, you probably completed all individual stages before completing the courses. I did the A course first, skipping the stages and the little squares did not appear until I beat each stage individually.

So, I don't know for sure yet but I think this is how it goes... Let's say you have a fresh game. If you complete A course the next time you're in the menu and select it, you'll see your best time (instead of dashes, which would indicate you haven't completed it) but the stages would NOT have the little squares indicating completion. Those would only appear until you beat them individually, one at a time.

I know it's a PITA to go and try, but you could make a new save/user and try it out with the A course, since it's the easiest/shortest to confirm. Complete the course first and the little squares won't appear.

• 6 years later...

Thanks for the guide and videos provided, TigerLust! :D I loved the puzzles in this game, but I'm so glad there were videos for the later levels! I don't think I could have gotten 100% without them, they were SO difficult! :eek: Anyways, let's see if I fare better on echochrome ii (spoiler alert: I don't think I will, haha). :cool: