Echo Six Expansion Pack 1 ~ Trophy Guide & Roadmap

http://i.imgur.com/kccXH65.png

If you are not a registered member of PlaystationTrophies.org and have found this Trophy Guide and Roadmap to be helpful, want to leave a comment or feedback suggestions, please feel free to join the forums today! If you do so, it would be greatly appreciated if you would give the author,

Blaze Naruto Shippuden, a referral.

http://i.imgur.com/tbEMVMf.png

Overview:

• Estimated Trophy Difficulty: 2/10
  • Total Trophies: 10 (I)
    • [ (S) 3 | (B) 7]

[*]Offline: 9

[*]Online: 1

[*]Approximate amount of time to 100%: 6+ hours boosting

[*]Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1+ Campaign Mode 1 Versus Match

[*]Number of Missable Trophies: None, Free Play (Level Select)

[*]Glitched Trophies: None

[*]Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No cheats

[*]Does difficulty affect trophies?: No, everything can be done on Casual

Introduction:

On April 10th, 2012 Slant Six released the first mission in Spec Ops DLC Campaign for free. On April 17, 2012 they released the next batch of missions from 2 through 4 in this Echo Six Expansion Pack 1 DLC. Even though these missions aren't free at the price tag of $9.99, they're a ton of fun and well worth the price; however, any bugs or glitches that you experienced from the main Campaign will still be found in this DLC. I personally didn't have any issues with this game's Campaign, but do note that the AI is still dumb.

This Spec Ops DLC Campaign picks up after you helped Jill Valentine from the first mission, "Eye of the Storm", with the new objective being to head to City Hall in your search of Umbrella's Secret Laboratory. Along the way, you'll revisit old locations from the main game's Campaign, but will also travel through new locations that weren't previously accessible. Remember that this game features Drop In/Drop Out Co-Op play, so all the offline trophies can be obtained online with a partner(s). The online Versus Mode trophy must be done online only and it's a trophy you can't do legitimately as the players need to have this DLC Pack, so once again don't be shy to use the boosting thread to get your 100%.

Before I continue with the Echo Six Expansion Pack 1's Trophy Guide, I would like to mention that this guide was written along with Echo Six Expansion Pack 2. This means that certain trophies from Pack 2 can be done while focusing on this DLC.

Walkthrough:

To access the Spec Ops DLC's, do the following:

1. At the Main Menu screen select Campaign
  2. Scroll down to Free Play
  3. Select either Public or Private
  4. Select Government Special Ops at the Team Selection screen

Step 1: Enjoy the Campaign Mode - Casual/Normal Difficulty (optional)

This step is self-explanatory. You've just gotten the DLC, so simply enjoy it and have fun without the thought of going for the trophies. Each mission is short and can be completed in about 20-35 minutes each. You'll unlock the three story related trophies naturally. While playing though, be sure to complete an Echo Six Expansion Pack mission with the three female characters in your party so you can get another easy trophy out of your way just by simply playing.

Step 2: Campaign Mode with Free Play – Casual Difficulty (Clean Up)

This will be your clean up step where you'll be getting all the Expansion Pack 1 Campaign trophies. Below is a flowchart that you can follow to get all the Campaign trophies:

Echo Six Expansion Pack 1 Trophy Unlock Flowchart:

(B) Happy Trails - Complete "By the Trail of Our Dead"

(B) Let Lounging Lickers Lie - Do not wake up Lickers in the Atrium encounter in By the Trail of Our Dead

(S) Who needs guns? - Complete an Echo Six Expansion mission without killing anything with a gun

(B) Hot Pants - Complete "I Now Know Why You Cry"

(B) Leave no Dead Man Behind - Kill every zombie in the Park before leaving

(S) Boom Worse than Bite - 13 Bomb Dogs Detonated

(B) Ticket to the Gun Show - As Tweed, use C4 to open door in Foundry

(B) Oh Yeah!!! - Complete "Nothing is as it Seems"

(S) Ladies Night - Beat an Echo Six Expansion Pack mission with the 3 female characters in your party

Follow this flowchart and you'll have no issues. The Who Needs Guns? trophy can really be obtained anywhere, but especially in Missions 2 and 3. However, there's a super easy cheap method that you can do to get the trophy even if you killed things with a gun. The cheap method can only be done in Co-Op mode, so play all the way to the end of the "By the Trail of Our Dead" mission, but don't complete it. When ready, you should press the :start: button and then "Exit Game" to return back to the main menu. Now your co-op partner who is the host will invite you back into the game. Once you join back into the game, proceed to compete the mission. Your trophy will unlock at the Mission Complete screen. The reason this method works is because when you play online with others and "Exit Game," all of your unsaved data will be lost, so when you see your Mission Complete results, you'll notice that your number of kills and even deaths are zeroes. For more information about any of the other Campaign related trophies, please refer to the trophy guide section.

Step 3: Foundry Versus Match - Heroes

This is the third step and you can either do this legitimately or by boosting. Versus Mode can be played online with invited friends in Private matches or with other random players in Public matches; however, those randoms will all need to have the Echo Six Expansion Pack 1 DLC. Chances are you won't be doing the Burning Inside trophy legitimately. Not to mention that the maps are random in Public matches. Save your time and boost this in a Heroes Versus Mode Match on the new map called "Foundry". Once you killed your boosting partner with the Crucible, the match will end and you'll unlock the trophy at the winning results screen. If you need boosting partners, then please refer to the Trophy Boosting Thread. Remember, to seek a boosting partner who has the DLC pack(s) that you're currently boosting.

Acknowledgements:

RED_REBEL44 - Banner/Image Creator

BentTwig - Trophy Videos

DarthChronikus - Cheap Method

Edited by Blaze Naruto Shippuden
Updated referral link

http://i.imgur.com/yiTpgG5.png

http://i.imgur.com/cmXERY2.png

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/973/35D.jpg Let Lounging Lickers Lie (B)

Do not wake up Lickers in the Atrium encounter in By the Trail of Our Dead

This trophy can only be obtained on the second mission, "By the Trail of Our Dead." During the course of the mission, you'll have to disarm bombs that have been planted by Umbrella's soldiers. Once you've made it to the part where you have to disarm the third and final bomb, you'll have to silently disarm it without the Lickers waking up (they are in the vents in the ceiling.) The following are things that you or your AI/Partners can't do:

• Don't run
  • Don't shoot
  • Don’t melee fight your team
  • Don't step on glass
  • Don't Trip a Laser Mine or cause any type of explosions

In order to disarm the bomb silently, I recommend using Willow because she has the Stealth Run Passive ability. This ability grants an increased movement speed and silent movement which means Willow is practically invisible on the mini-map. Simply walk around all the broken glass on the floor and avoid the Laser Trip Mines. Once you made it to the bomb, disarm it with [Hold] :cross: and the trophy will unlock when the Lickers come out of the ceiling.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Qsvm65UCLs]Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City Echo Six DLC Let Lounging Lickers Lie Trophy Achievement Guide - YouTube[/ame]

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/973/B4E.jpg Happy Trails (B)

Complete By the Trail of Our Dead

This is a story related trophy and cannot be missed. You'll unlock this trophy at the end of the "By the Trail of Our Dead" mission.

[spoiler=Dead]By the Trail of Our Dead is the second mission after Jill Valentine has accused Umbrella Pharmaceutical Inc. of being responsible for the outbreak in Raccoon City. Echo Six must investigate City Hall before Umbrella has a chance to cover their trail.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/973/8F4.jpg Hot Pants (B)

Complete I Now Know Why You Cry

This is a story related trophy and cannot be missed. You'll unlock this trophy at the end of the "I Now Know Why You Cry" mission.

[spoiler=Cry]I Now Know Why You Cry is the third mission where Echo Six has discovered Intel indicating the presence of a secret Umbrella facility beneath the streets of Raccoon City. Their mission is to locate the facility's hidden entrance.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/973/23E.jpg Oh Yeah!!! (B)

Complete Nothing is as it Seems

This is a story related trophy and cannot be missed. You'll unlock this trophy at the end of the "Nothing is as it Seems" mission.

[spoiler=Seems]Nothing is as it Seems is the fourth mission, where Echo Six has located an entrance into a secret sewer system that leads towards an underground Umbrella Facility. They soon discover both Clair Redfield and Sherry Birkin, but engage Birkin in combat in these sewers.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/973/4DE.jpg Boom Worse than Bite (S)

13 Bomb Dogs Detonated

This trophy can only be obtained on the third mission, "I Now Know Why You Cry." For the trophy, you must simply detonate 13 Bomb Dogs before they self detonate. During the mission, make it to the park where you'll have to make Nemesis blow up the gate to the sewer tunnels. Once inside the sewer, make your way towards a weapon locker crate and grab the Grenade Launcher inside it. Now proceed down the tunnels until the two Bomb Dogs appear and shoot them with the Grenade Launcher to detonate them before they get too close to you. They'll blow up, so run down to the end of the tunnel and let the zombies that burst through the door kill you. They'll make you bleed out which will make them kill you even faster. When you respawn, simply continue doing the same thing over and over again until you have unlocked the trophy.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/973/B2D.jpg Ticket to the Gun Show (B)

As Tweed, use C4 to open door in Foundry

This trophy can only be obtained on the third mission, "I Now Know Why You Cry." As the description says, it can only be done with the Demolitions Expert Tweed. The door to the Foundry is actually a secret locked room with weapons, supplies and even a Rocket Launcher (Rocket Launcher is also related to the DLC Pack 2.) To get it open though, you'll need to use the C4 you can find in the mission to blow it open. Once you get one, you can hold on to it and just use Nemesis to open the gates/sewers for you. The C4 can be found in the following locations:

1. Nemesis first location found by the ammo refill crate
  2. Next to the crashed helicopter that Nemesis shot down in the park

During the course of the mission, you'll encounter Nemesis with his Rocket Launcher. From here, you'll have to use Nemesis to blow up the gates after you found and picked up one of the C4s. Continue using Nemesis to blow off the gates and enter the sewers. Once in the sewers, fight your way down the tunnels until you made it to the Foundry area. In the Foundry area, kill the zombies and go to the far end to find the "door in Foundry" that the trophy description wants Tweed to blow up. Plant the C4 on the gates if you still have it on you and you'll blow it open. The trophy will unlock while you're checking out the goodies in the room.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNiilU9Zy_o&feature=plcp]Resident Evil ORC - Echo Six DLC - Ticket to the Gun Show Trophy Achievement Guide - YouTube[/ame]

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/973/DA8.jpg Ladies Night (S)

Beat an Echo Six Expansion Pack mission with the 3 female characters in your party.

Self-explanatory. For this trophy you must simply complete any Echo Six Pack mission with the three female characters of Party Girl, Tweed, and Willow plus any male as your squad. You don't have to play as a female at all just as long as they're in the party and you complete a mission. The missions can be the either from the Prequel, Echo Six Expansion Pack 1, or Echo Six Expansion Pack 2 DLC's.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/973/A01.jpg Leave no Dead Man Behind (B)

Kill every zombie in the Park before leaving.

This trophy can only be obtained on the third mission, "I Now Know Why You Cry." During the course of the mission, you'll encounter Nemesis. You'll have to use Nemesis to blow open the gate to the park or if you're playing as Tweed. You can use Tweed to blow open the gate by using the C4 found by the ammo refill crate. Once the gate to the park has been blow open, simply kill every zombie in the area and ignore the gate to the sewers. Your trophy will unlock after killing the last zombie.

Edited by Terminator
Replaced missing banners.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/973/A3C.jpg Who needs guns? (S)

Complete an Echo Six Expansion mission without killing anything with a gun.

Maximum Players Needed to Boost: At least 2

Do note that the host is the helping partner. The person who joins them will get the trophy. Then you switch turns hosting.

Now this is the hardest trophy in the DLC, but I'll make it the easiest with the cheap method as explained in the Road Map. First of all, this trophy can really be done anywhere, but I prefer you and your boosting partner to do this on the second mission, "By the Trail of Our Dead." It's fairly short, contains no bosses and ends when you interact with the last Intel document. This cheap method can only be done in Co-Op mode, so play all the way to the end of the mission as you normally would, but don't complete it. When ready, you should press the :start: button and then "Exit Game" to return back to the Main Menu. Now your Co-Op partner who is the host will invite you back into the game. Once you join back into the game, proceed to complete the mission. Your trophy will unlock at the Mission Complete screen. The reason this method works is because when you play online with others and "Exit Game," all of your unsaved data will be lost, so when you seen your Mission Complete results you'll notice that your number of kills and even deaths are zeroes.

How to boost completing an Echo Six mission without killing anything with a gun:

1. Have at least 1 boosting partner ready to accept an invite.
  2. Start a Private lobby on "By the Trail of Our Dead" and invite your boosting partner.
  3. Killing everything as you normally would with your guns, grenades, abilities etc.
  4. Once you made it to the last room with the documents. Don't interact with them at all because they'll end the mission.
  5. The other partner that joined the game will quit out the lobby to erase all their data such as kills etc.
  6. Now the host will invite you back into their lobby.
  7. When you return back into the lobby, select your character again and you then interact with the documents to complete the mission. The trophy unlocks at the Mission Complete screen.
  8. Now the person who obtained the trophy will host the same mission over again and will repeat the same cheap method for them as well.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGTEZ_Kgios]Resident Evil - WHO NEEDS GUNS Trophy Guide in HD - YouTube[/ame]

Now if for some reason you do not wish to unlock this trophy by using the method described above, Then these are tips that I can suggest:

• Do this trophy on Casual difficulty to reduce the work needed to kill something.
  • Rule 1, you can't kill anything at all with your primary or secondary guns. Doing so will negate the trophy.
  • Grenades, explosive barrels, interactive objects that can kill are all okay to use.
  • Use killing abilities and melee attacks to kill enemies or to give you status boosts temperately.
  • Recommend characters and their active abilities are:
    • Harley (First Aid Sprays/Painkiller)
    • Willow (Camouflage)
    • Tweed (Timed Sticky Explosive)
    • Dee-Ay (Super Solider)
    • Shona (Induce Infection)

[*]Dying or getting infected, etc. are okay

[*]Revive fallen party members as they do the killing for you even though they're still dumb

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ado3HHKaUFA]Resident Evil - Operation Raccoon City - Who Needs Guns? Trophy Achievement Guide - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by Terminator
Fixed video link.

http://i.imgur.com/PDbAXWZ.png

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/973/06B.jpg Burning Inside (B)

Kill another player with Crucible in a Foundry Versus Match

:psn:: You must be signed into the Sony Entertainment Network to unlock this trophy.

Maximum Players Needed to Boost: At least 2

This is a Versus Mode trophy and can be obtained either in "Public" or "Private" matches. Versus Mode can be played online with invited friends in Private matches or with other random players in Public matches; however, those randoms will all need to have the Echo Six Expansion Pack 1 DLC. Chances are you won't be doing this trophy legitimately, not to mention the fact that the maps are random in Public matches. Save your time and boost this in a Heroes Versus Mode Match on the new map called "Foundry", which is the only map this trophy can be acquired on. Once you've killed your boosting partner with the Crucible, the match will end and you'll unlock the trophy at the winning results screen. If you need boosting partners, then please refer to the Trophy Boosting Thread. Remember, to seek a boosting partner who has the DLC pack(s) that you're currently boosting.

How to boost Killing another player with Crucible:

1. Have at least one boosting partner ready to accept an invite.
  2. Start a Private match on Heroes and invite your boosting partner.
  3. Select the Stage map called Foundry. If you don't see then back out and remake the lobby (it could also mean that your partner doesn't have the DLC.)
  4. Once the match starts, have the player who is getting killed stand under the Crucible platform.
  5. The other partner then kills you by activating the Crucible to win the game.
  6. Simply repeat Step 3 over again for your partner's turn.

Edited by Terminator
Replaced missing banner.

This guide is completed and feedback is welcome as usual. I'm however surprised that nobody on the site bothered to complete the guide for such an easy expansion. So I took delivery in finishing the guides for this game. Enjoy, Echo Six Expansion Pack 2 guide out later this week.

Actually, I was working on a guide for this expansion pack xD Since you're planning on doing expansion pack 2 then I'll leave that for you :)

I got Who needs guns by joining a campaign level and the the other two human players completed the level just as I joined xD

There is also something I found out; if you join an Echo Six mission, you can only get the trophies if the host has the DLC pack too. Example, I heard you can get Who needs guns and Ladies Night during the prologue mission. However, when I joined a game that took me to the prologue mission, I was unable to get the Who needs guns trophy despite not killing anything with a gun. I did this multiple times to check and each time at the level screen it would remain at the Eye of the Storm level, not the second level if the host had gotten the DLC. It's irritating but, there you go xD

Actually, I was working on a guide for this expansion pack xD Since you're planning on doing expansion pack 2 then I'll leave that for you :)

I got Who needs guns by joining a campaign level and the the other two human players completed the level just as I joined xD

There is also something I found out; if you join an Echo Six mission, you can only get the trophies if the host has the DLC pack too. Example, I heard you can get Who needs guns and Ladies Night during the prologue mission. However, when I joined a game that took me to the prologue mission, I was unable to get the Who needs guns trophy despite not killing anything with a gun. I did this multiple times to check and each time at the level screen it would remain at the Eye of the Storm level, not the second level if the host had gotten the DLC. It's irritating but, there you go xD

Thanks, I had mentioned that I wanted players to seek boosting partners with the current DLC packs they're boosting only. So course the trophy wouldn't unlock if the host doesn't have the DLC, as the host can't make a lobby with missions 2-4.

Hey, Blaze I wanted to mention there is a third C4 location. It is actually on the dead body to the right of the shutter that you can open past the foundry door you can blow up.

When you open the door to the horde of zombies and the USS soldier at the top of the stairs, go right and it is on the dead body laying at the foot of the stairs.

This might save you a bit of time instead of dodging Nemesis and his rockets.

Hey, Blaze I wanted to mention there is a third C4 location. It is actually on the dead body to the right of the shutter that you can open past the foundry door you can blow up.

When you open the door to the horde of zombies and the USS soldier at the top of the stairs, go right and it is on the dead body laying at the foot of the stairs.

This might save you a bit of time instead of dodging Nemesis and his rockets.

I'll have to check it first, and it really doesn't save time for the first two gates. Standing in front of gate and side stepping still fast as well. It not like you have to dodge 5 times or anything, it just a side step.

Well, it's about time someone wrote up a guide for this DLC. Nice job Blaze, I imagine your hard at work on the next one now?

I'm multi-tasking it with another project. The other guide will take the most time to write. Pack 2 would take a day really. Just got to put more time and effort into my next project before then.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It is a little confusing when you say second mission "Trail of the Dead" when it is the first mission of the Echo Six Expansion Pack, and so on.

I later found out you refer to the free DLC mission "Prologue" as the first mission, but since I wasn't interested in that DLC which contained no trophies I did not download it so it wasn't shown in the mission list.

As a result, I had the mission numbers and names all mixed up, and thus had to replay two of the missions for the two mission specific trophies (Let Lurkers Lie and the other planting C4 with Tweed).

awesome guide! really helpfull, and these dlc are TRULY worth it, epic game, just like with re6, I DON'T GET why they had such low score, but so far i love em, and operation raccoon is TOTALLY EPIC, a wet dream (and i've been around since 97, when i first met resident evil 1 on psx).

If anyone want to bang our heads online, add me, Darker_ruler

http://www.lusogamer.com/playstation-network/killzone_2/gamercard_default/Darker_ruler.png

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Darker_Ruler.png

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...