Difficulty a Little High?

no1kevlin

Completed the tutorial and first mission with Gold awards then tried lots of other missions and struggled to get Bronzes!

Difficulty seems very high fir first set of missions. Will no doubt be easier with new monster parts to build better monsters but is hard to get new parts when difficulty so high!

Anyone else think it seems a bit tough on the first set of missions?

You're right about new monster parts making things easier - it actually makes things instantly easier: I got silver medals on the first comic book, made a custom monster with the few parts I unlocked, and instantly got all golds when I redid the individual challenges.

A surprising amount of strategy is actually necessary, too. You really need to pay attention to the stats for individual parts - try to maximize the damage you do and (especially) minimize the power you use. On destruction missions you shouldn't really worry about your monster dying, because the penalty doesn't actually affect the amount of damage you do, only the overall score for the level.

So I think you're sort of right about the difficulty; I figured I would just be able to romp through the game and couldn't, but once I started to think more about my monster's stats and how I wanted to tackle each individual challenge things got a lot easier, and I currently have gold on everything I've done except for the Bank Robbery mission (which I just can't figure out for the life of me).

For the Bank Robbery, you need to have all 6 trucks steal the money and escape to get gold. You'll notice that only two trucks will come to steal from a broken bank and it takes a while for the trucks to get in and leave the edge of the map. To do this successfully, you'll will have break all 3 banks at the start and protect all 6 at once.

As for the difficulty, once you get good monster parts, you'll be able to get gold easily. I have set up a devastating monster with mainly 2 rail guns and a time slide pack. This setup allows you to destroy buildings very quickly but will also drain your health much faster. The cool pack to reduce power usage might seem better but time slide is able to slow down the city as well as the mission clock so you can have even more time destroying. You can fire the rail guns by just holding down R1+L1 and spam triangle to slow down time. Because your health drains quickly, you have to be careful and smart when confronting the army.

In the end, if you look at the high scores, many people are able to get more than double the gold requirements.

Completed the tutorial and first mission with Gold awards then tried lots of other missions and struggled to get Bronzes!

Difficulty seems very high fir first set of missions. Will no doubt be easier with new monster parts to build better monsters but is hard to get new parts when difficulty so high!

Anyone else think it seems a bit tough on the first set of missions?

I will agree the difficulty gets a bit tougher but eventually it was not so bad after you create your own monster, however trying to get the gold coin/medal for every level will take quite some time and can be quite hard.

But damn this game is still fun, I'm kinda shocked there's no guide or trophy list thread on this eat them forum

For the Bank Robbery, you need to have all 6 trucks steal the money and escape to get gold. You'll notice that only two trucks will come to steal from a broken bank and it takes a while for the trucks to get in and leave the edge of the map. To do this successfully, you'll will have break all 3 banks at the start and protect all 6 at once.

I should have been more clear: I know what the mission requires you to do, I just can't figure out how to get a gold medal on it; I've only been able to get 3 trucks clear. Probably I need a better monster, but I've only done a couple of challenges past the bank robbery, so I haven't unlocked that many great parts yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I found it best to wait till you unlocked a bunch of other parts before doing challenges of the early levels.

I totally agree. I have gone back since beating the game and found alot of the missions I struggled with earlier to be a walk in the park. The only mission I have not gotten a gold on is "Bite Me!" in "The Highrises". I just can't seem to find enough people.

• 1 year later...