Tentacle Beast of Tramm (SPOILERS)

[spoiler=Beast of Tramm]

So, I thought I'd post how I beat him, just in case anyone is having troubles.

It is a 3 part battle. The first part, to me, is the hardest.

1) Watch the tentacles. You must run around and avoid them and shoot the glowing red tips when they get stuck in the boat. I used the Sub-Machine gun that is left for you and the energy pistol.

Once a tentacle is stuck, quickly take it out. Look up and notice that tentacle is not there anymore, you can now use the spot that tentacle was for cover and do not have to run around. I got lucky and the first tentacle was on one of the ends and provided perfect cover for when the energy bots spawned. Just repeat this process until all tentacles are done.

2) Now there are baby tentacles and energy bots. Clear the ship of enemies before focusing on a tentacle. Once done, shoot a tentacle until it curls off the boat. Next aim up. It will be holding a bomb under its tip. Shoot it and finish off that tentacle. Then take cover as 3 energy bots will spawn. I used the barrels in the middle and shot them with the energy pistol. Once they are clear, go for another tentacle. Repeat til all 6 are gone.

3) This part, I first focused on clearing out the energy bots again, then you aim up and shoot the pink tips of the tentacles. There are cut scenes between each tip, which is nice. Once you take out a tentacle, again, that area of the boat is clear. Luckily this part only has three tentacles, all on one side of the boat, which gives a lot of room to be safe from them.

And there you have it. It is quite a long battle and quite frustrating on Maximum Hazard, but hopefully this helps.

Cheers.

Edited by funkyweed
Contains Spoiler

• 3 weeks later...

Nice tips. I found the second part the most difficult one, especially since I hadn't seen this thread and didn't quite undestood how it worked (I thought you have to shoot all 6 small tentacles at once). The space marines inbetween aren't that much of a hassle, as is the stupid mine the tentacle has: it can be freakin' impossible to aim it!

• 4 weeks later...

Perfect timing cause Im stuck on that battle right at this second. I was doing figure 8s around the barrels to avoid them and to scoop up the sub machine gun once it spawned. Only bad part is, it doesn't alway work and I get killed, but yeah Max Hazard is a pain!

EDIT: Beat it, now I can sleep easy tonight.

Edited by Grishrak

I've got as far as this on my first run through on max hazard. I managed to bodge my way through to the second stage but been getting into trouble with the space marines. I was trying to take cover in the corner behind the cannon but one kept getting round to shoot me. I'll try and use the barrels tomorrow and see how it goes; hopefully a bit easier!

• 3 months later...

i found this boss hard at first, but once you get the pattern of the tentacle down it really no problem.

with the baby tentacles focus on one at a time while watching out for the marines then this part is easy.

and third part dodge and shoot and you'll win in no time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Beat this one today and I found it to be getting easier with each part. I really only got the first part with a lot of luck since I couldn't seem to manage to keep an eye out for every tentacle. I kept dying and didn't even see it coming.

As for the second part - I kept dying, hiding behind one of the canons in a corner. Found it to be waaaaaay easier when hiding behind the barrels at the far end of the boat (opposite of where the space marines spawn). They didn't hit me there at all, except for one marine who actually ran all the way towards me. He got some fist of hazard. ;)

Just make sure to take your time. I found that the marines don't spawn after you beat a tentacle but in set time phases. So just hide and once you get a wave of marines eliminated rather quickly take on one of the tentacles without getting interrupted. If you miss some marines and it takes a while to eliminate a wave, just stock up on ammo, wait for the next wave and once you got that one down faster go for the tentacles.

Since the tentacles aren't attacking except for the whole bomb thing this one is easier than it seems.

Edited by Shabadoo_Shrimp

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

The way I did it was I made sure I killed an end tentacle on both of the first and second phase. Keeper a blaster on you at all times to kill the marines when they come. There seemed to be a set amount of time between the marine drops so kill them first and then kill the tentacle. I switched to the dual machine pistols for the tentacles to save ammo on the laser.

• 3 weeks later...
Beat this one today and I found it to be getting easier with each part. I really only got the first part with a lot of luck since I couldn't seem to manage to keep an eye out for every tentacle. I kept dying and didn't even see it coming.

As for the second part - I kept dying, hiding behind one of the canons in a corner. Found it to be waaaaaay easier when hiding behind the barrels at the far end of the boat (opposite of where the space marines spawn). They didn't hit me there at all, except for one marine who actually ran all the way towards me. He got some fist of hazard. ;)

Just make sure to take your time. I found that the marines don't spawn after you beat a tentacle but in set time phases. So just hide and once you get a wave of marines eliminated rather quickly take on one of the tentacles without getting interrupted. If you miss some marines and it takes a while to eliminate a wave, just stock up on ammo, wait for the next wave and once you got that one down faster go for the tentacles.

Since the tentacles aren't attacking except for the whole bomb thing this one is easier than it seems.

This strategy, specifically the part about hiding behind the cannon... PERFECT. Thanks a Ton :applause:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

This helped me so much! Thank you!

On stage 2, definitely cover behind the barrels using the SMG to hit the tentacles and explosives (short bursts, no scope), then switch to the energy pistol for killing the space marines using blind fire. When all three are dead, round up the ammo, rinse lather repeat. It works pretty well for stage 3 too.

• 4 months later...

For phase 2, if like me you find you're getting killed using the cannon method, then use the barrels instead. The marines won't usually advance and gain an angle against you if you do that as opposed to the cannon.

Also when hitting the small and large tentacles if you take cover behind the barrels and shoot, you'll find it a lot easier. For me the marines were spawning the moment the big tentacles were appearing, not once a mine was destroyed. On Max hazard, being in the open is going to get you killed fast.

• 2 weeks later...
[spoiler=Beast of Tramm]

1) Watch the tentacles. You must run around and avoid them and shoot the glowing red tips when they get stuck in the boat. I used the Sub-Machine gun that is left for you and the energy pistol.

Once a tentacle is stuck, quickly take it out. Look up and notice that tentacle is not there anymore, you can now use the spot that tentacle was for cover and do not have to run around. I got lucky and the first tentacle was on one of the ends and provided perfect cover for when the energy bots spawned. Just repeat this process until all tentacles are done.

2) Now there are baby tentacles and energy bots. Clear the ship of enemies before focusing on a tentacle. Once done, shoot a tentacle until it curls off the boat. Next aim up. It will be holding a bomb under its tip. Shoot it and finish off that tentacle. Then take cover as 3 energy bots will spawn. I used the barrels in the middle and shot them with the energy pistol. Once they are clear, go for another tentacle. Repeat til all 6 are gone.

3) This part, I first focused on clearing out the energy bots again, then you aim up and shoot the pink tips of the tentacles. There are cut scenes between each tip, which is nice. Once you take out a tentacle, again, that area of the boat is clear. Luckily this part only has three tentacles, all on one side of the boat, which gives a lot of room to be safe from them.

And there you have it. It is quite a long battle and quite frustrating on Maximum Hazard, but hopefully this helps.

Cheers.

Thankfully, I saw this post before going into this level, saved me a lot of hassles.

The tip you provided for the 2nd part was really helpful, thanks!

• 11 months later...
[spoiler=Beast of Tramm]

Cheers.

Thanks for this. It really makes it sound easier. Stuck on the first part of the battle. Mostly it's the tentacles coming down and hitting me... trying to get to the barrels and hide against them when I'm killing the enemies.

If you get a tentacle on one of the ends, then you're set. Destroy that one and then use the cover system on the canon in that spot. You can hit all other tentacles from here as well as the occasional Space Marine.

On the second part, it is easiest to stay in the middle behind the barrels. Work each testicle from the furthest point right to left or vice versa until you get the last two to the side of you. I know...I said testicle.

i found this boss hard at first, but once you get the pattern of the tentacle down it really no problem.

with the baby tentacles focus on one at a time while watching out for the marines then this part is easy.

and third part dodge and shoot and you'll win in no time.

Thanks for the tips guys. I had trouble with this boss on easy (just this boss). I'm going for hard now. Hopefully I can beat it!

Edit: Ok that was easy. Idk why I struggled on easy.

Edited by x9zachattack5x

• 2 months later...
I hate this boss beyond all reason. Just eludes me for some weird reason. Sucks too, because it brought the game to a halt for me. I was having a lot of fun until then. Rest of game was fairly easy. Difficulty wave sure ramped up on this one though.

I was never a fan of this boss fight either, a major pain in the ass.