Is this game worth getting for me?

Well, from the gameplay videos that I saw, it looks like it will be pretty fun or at least amusing. I mean, it looks like its got some random funny/sacrastic dialogue as well as an vast assortment of enemies.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5Byswiibu4]YouTube - Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard - Gameplay Clip #1[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O1YuHin5DY&feature=related]YouTube - Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard - Gameplay Clip #2[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdV0E-OK_YQ&feature=related]YouTube - Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard - Gameplay Clip #3[/ame]

How difficult are the Trophies? Overall?

The trophies are pretty standard fare, kill X amount of enemies with this gun and so on, the rest are unlocked through the course of the game. It does take two play throughs to get them all, however. I mean, I had the game for two days, and got all the trophies but 4. That's sort of misleading, it's not that they're all a cake walk to get, because the game itself gets quite difficult, but it's just a pretty short game overall.

I bought this game and played for about an hour, maybe a little longer. To be honest, I am disappointed. The game is funny and it was fun for the first 45 minutes. Then it just becomes stale and monotonous. You kill a certain number of enemies, door opens, walk through, checkpoint. Repeat this for about 30-45 minutes (varies depending on difficulty being played on) and then you have a boss fight. OK, so there are a few different guns and the game is funny on occasions. Apart from this, I find this game quite poor. It might improve but these are my initial impressions.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree. The gameplay is very poor, and even on Major Hazard the game can be very cheap with the AI. Don't get me wrong, the enemies die very easily, but every now and then they'll surround you because a lot of places just don't have great cover. The reviews got it right, it's around a 5-5.5 out of 10.

Pretty funny though, which makes it all the more disappointing that the gameplay is so poor. I'm debating on whether I want to finish it on Major Hazard and then Maximum Hazard for the platinum or just do it easy and get all but those three...

Pretty funny though, which makes it all the more disappointing that the gameplay is so poor. I'm debating on whether I want to finish it on Major Hazard and then Maximum Hazard for the platinum or just do it easy and get all but those three...

Or use the code to unlock Maximum Hazard and get them all in one go.

Truth be told, this game is very enjoyable for its majority when played on easy. The gameplay is not good enough for play on normal or hard. I liked the story of the game, loved the humor, but the gameplay was broken, monotonous, and in some places very frustrating. On easy, these cons are lessened, and the game benefits as a result. Still debating on whether or not I want to torture myself for the platinum by playing on Max Difficulty

Truth be told, this game is very enjoyable for its majority when played on easy. The gameplay is not good enough for play on normal or hard. I liked the story of the game, loved the humor, but the gameplay was broken, monotonous, and in some places very frustrating. On easy, these cons are lessened, and the game benefits as a result. Still debating on whether or not I want to torture myself for the platinum by playing on Max Difficulty

It's really not an issue. I found it easier than Crushing for Uncharted since you can peek around corners and crates and have a free shot at enemies without them noticing.

There were a few parts in the game that were frustratingly hard, but even those didn't stump me too long.

I can already tell this game is going to make me mad. I'm on the easiest difficulty and I had a hard enough time beating Neutronov. Ugh... 3 grenades at a time and constantly spawning enemies? Forget it...

And this wizard part... he's dead no matter how fast I kill the enemies. One shot for each and onto the next one, real quick on down the line and it doesn't matter. He's dead once that one enemy comes down from the middle of the screen.

Edited by pretend_hero

I can already tell this game is going to make me mad. I'm on the easiest difficulty and I had a hard enough time beating Neutronov. Ugh... 3 grenades at a time and constantly spawning enemies? Forget it...

That boss fight was pretty difficult, but my first playthrough was on Maximum Hazard. There were maybe 2 other fights that frustrated me more and I had to walk away for a few hours. Came back and they weren't a problem.

And this wizard part... he's dead no matter how fast I kill the enemies. One shot for each and onto the next one, real quick on down the line and it doesn't matter. He's dead once that one enemy comes down from the middle of the screen.

I think I know what you're talking about. Don't go for the ones that come from the top first. Scroll left when that wave starts and kill the one with the shotgun first. He is who is killing the wizard so fast. I had the same issue.

• 3 weeks later...