maxx karnage & shield master

hi guys i am trying to get those trophies: maxx karnage and shield master. i have a question do i need to catch an hazard pistol more than 20times or it's bullets i have to catch? i got a lot of bullets but didn't receive any trophy.. if someone can explain me that or show me a video i would be grateful

Yeah as said above the trophies are awarded when:

• You collect 20 Maximum Hazard Pick-ups - The orange/red damage increase.
  • You collect 20 Shield Pick-ups - The one that turns Matt into metal.

Advice on how to get both trophies is written in the trophy guide which can be read here:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/eat-lead-return-matt-hazard/9162-trophy-guide.html#post103130

But basically, the easiest way to get these trophies is to abuse the check point system.

In chapter 2, when in the club fighting cowboys, there will be a room where you come across a Maximum Hazard pick-up for the first time. Walk-over to it then allow yourself to die. You will then spawn in the corridor outside the room. Eliminate the two bodyguards, enter the room again, pick up the Maximum Hazard pick-up and repeat the above steps.

After 20 times the trophy will pop-up.

Another way is to wait until level 4. When you enter the tennis courts and see zombies for the first time; run over to the right-hand side and pick up the Maxx Karnage pick-up. Let the zombies kill you then repeat as necessary.

The same can be done in chapter 6 but with the shield pick-up. The only difference is, when you pick up the shield bonus, you must wait 30 seconds before you can have Matt killed.

Just find a shield pick-up near a check-point. Pick it up, wait 30 seconds, die, then repeat the process 20 times.

Another easy place to do this is at the beginning of chapter 7 (where you play in a dock). Play on easy mode, then right at the beginning run straight down the ramp ignoring any enemies. There will be a shield-pick up in-front of you. Pick it up then wait for the timer to expire. Once finished, have the enemies kill you and repeat until you have the trophy.

• 3 months later...

Another easy place to do this is at the beginning of chapter 7 (where you play in a dock). Play on easy mode, then right at the beginning run straight down the ramp ignoring any enemies. There will be a shield-pick up in-front of you. Pick it up then wait for the timer to expire. Once finished, have the enemies kill you and repeat until you have the trophy.

Thanks for this! I knew about the Hazard on level 2, but I needed to know where a Shield was early on in a level.

• 4 years later...