Observe The Grenade difficulty

It doesn't matter the difficulty. On the third wave of the final battle, all the enemies are testers (wearing pink power armor).

Here is a video I used. It takes a lot of tries to get it because the AI will not always group like this, and you may die a few times, but I found this to be the easiest way.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UESTCaViLNo]Observe%20the%20Grenade[/ame]

• 2 weeks later...

I just got the trophy the other day in the room after the elevator, so I can always throw up here what I did. It may not help, but it never hurts....KNOWLEDGE!

I just did a run for this trophy alone, and set level 8 on minimum hazard and blew through the level :guns: until the room after the elevator.

When your first go into the room a red will spawn on the left and pink on the right, gun down the guy on the left and the pink will feint right and around the bookcase for cover. Follow him as a pink and yellow will spawn from the right hallway. If your lucky the pink will be in from of the yellow, if yellow is in front, most likely the pink will run away from you to the back half of the room for cover farther from where the other two pinks will eventually be. Pink #1 is to your left between the bookcase and desk, run past the pink from the right hallway and gun the yellow and the pink should seek cover behind you on the right wall behind a pillar. A pink will spawn in the center left of the room. Fall back after killing the yellow to the bottom right corner of the room, 1 pillar up from the actual corner of the room.

Wait, and the first pink, who had sought cover by the bookcase should move to a pillar in front of the pillar the second pink is covering behind, leaving you two pinks covering on the right wall and the third on the left side of the room covering by the left side of the bookcase. Run over there real quick to startle them into seeking new cover (I shouted ooga booga m*****f***** at the tv, seemed to work) as soon as you run over there, run back to your previous cover position on the right side of the wall and the 3rd pink, trying to get a new position to gun you and getting pushed back into the center area of the room should also seek cover on the right side of the room. If you are lucky you have three pinks in a row seeking cover on the right side of the wall.

Here, my personal exp was part luck as I fired a grenade, bounced between the legs of the middle guy, cursing at the tv, as it took about 10-15 tries to position them there, I fired two more grenades, none of which hit :rolleyes: but the first grenade exploded, weakening them, and the second blew, killing them.

Hopefully this is somewhat helpful o_o; Worse comes to worse, the video guide worked for my friend just fine in the final battle. But I really didn't want to go through that on Max hazard with theoretically 1 gun as I would be saving a slot for a grenade launcher.

Edited by CasualJohn

For some reason i got lucky and it counted one of the other colors as a tester in the bookcase area. I malee one each of the 1st two waves so that total of 5 pinks were on level but when i shot my grenade i only took out two pinks and one blue and i still got it. I did try a whole bunch before hand so if your having trouble take comfort that i did luck out with out my fair share of trying.

I don't think it's even available in the final battle. You need to grab one earlier in the level, and don't use it till you get to the section you want to try for the trophy. (bookcase room/final boss room)

:)

Yeah, thats one of the reasons I specifically gunned for the section right before the final boss as I did not relish maximum hazard with only 1 weapon for 2/3rds of the battle and, after getting the plat earlier and dealing with Dexter's Darlings and I glad I got the OtG trophy earlier. :)

I got it after hitting the second switch during the final boss battle, maximum hazard difficulty.

I actually did a neat little trick I did where I activated my ICE power and froze all three together which made them all have weakened health, then as the ICE power expired I hit a normal greande which killed all three easily because health was not full. Took me only 3 tries.

On maximum hazard I'm not sure you can kill all three with a normal greande from full health, they just do not bunch close enough.

The only drawback to this is using one weapon only for the final battle since saving the grenades, aim well and save ammo.

• 2 weeks later...
For some reason i got lucky and it counted one of the other colors as a tester in the bookcase area. I malee one each of the 1st two waves so that total of 5 pinks were on level but when i shot my grenade i only took out two pinks and one blue and i still got it. I did try a whole bunch before hand so if your having trouble take comfort that i did luck out with out my fair share of trying.

So only the pink ones are counted as testers?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just to add another technique to the list, I don't think you really have to kill all 3 with a single grenade. I unloaded 8 grenades on three testers who were close together but not close enough to get a 1 hit kill. They all died within a second or two but from several different grenades and this got me the trophy!

• 1 month later...

Here's how I got it:

I started out, just as in the video, ran fast to the cannon(?) tower cover, switched to the grenade weapon, ran to the sand bags, took cover for about a second. Then what happened was that the two GUYS took cover to the right, one behind a crate and the other one behind a cannon tower. Then the girl came running up the staris, trying to get to the left. Just as she came up the stairs, she was beside the two guy, and I fired a grenade at the running girl and it took them all out.

This patterned happened quite alot for me, as for the video pattern - never happened. So if you're struggling, you might wanna give it a try.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was having a bit of trouble gettin this, had a few good looks in the bookcase room, so I thot I'd post them.

I followed the advice shoot the red that pops to the left, but I changed up directions and it seemed easier to get them together.

I shot red pop to the left ran right to go around bookcase, right at the pink tester, but then reversed directions and ran back around to the left side of the bookcase. I saw them grouping up perfect as I strafed left aiming right, but keep dying as i was switching weapons and strafing to line them up. but I kept getting a grenade off before I died, and I could hear at least a couple dying. 3rd try I got it, trophy popped as I lay dead. so apparently you dont have to be alive. ^^

Anyways, thats how I got it to work. like the post before said, "more info is a +"

annoying trophy though haha

ps.. I actually thot the game was pretty good, and found it funny, course on maximum there are those super annoying times..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm struggling to get this one. It's the last before the platinum. I've tried everything mentioned so far, both the library room kai the third wave of the boss fight but nothing works! I've spent more than 3 hours on this one!

Any suggestions?

When the pink enemies are close together, freeze them before they move to another place, then you have the perfect chance to get the trophy. Just do it on the library and get rid of all non pink enemies.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I tried several times in the book shelves area, but I just couldn't get them to bunch up together. I even had up to 5 of them but they're so far apart. So i just went ahead killed them all to proceed to the boss level.

After watching the video on the 1st page, I was surprised how easy I got it, mine happened the same way on the video.