Ridiculous Difficulty Level

This game is by far the hardest game I have played to the point that I think it is bugged. Maximum Hazard is ridiculously hard.

I can't get past the 2nd level, General Nutrov boss fight is too hard. He spams freeze grenades, too many Russian soldiers spawn and the cover systems is useless. Your cover disappear after 4 hits of grenades.

I have looked for help/cheats/guides on how to beat the 2nd level but the only help I get is "try the Uncharted style". This advice is completely useless for someone who hasn't played Uncharted.

If a game makes me replay the same checkpoint more than 40 times (Eat Lead: The Return of Bad Game Developing) I believe it is time I take the disc out and store it away never to look at it again.

I have looked for help/cheats/guides on how to beat the 2nd level but the only help I get is "try the Uncharted style". This advice is completely useless for someone who hasn't played Uncharted.

The 'Uncharted Style' is staying behind cover, without being in cover mode if you understand. That way you see the enemies and they don't see you. Change your aiming sight from right to left and back again and you don't even have to move from behind the cover, good tactics, exploiting, but good.

This game is by far the hardest game I have played to the point that I think it is bugged. Maximum Hazard is ridiculously hard.

I hear ya. However I found that it can also be very easy. I know it sounds stupid but I highly recommend playing it on easy or medium first. Once you get a hang of how the levels work (they all work the same really) maximum hazard isn't all that hard anymore. I thought Neutronov was a pain in the arse but knowing what happens where makes him easier than you may think. Same goes for the Tentacle boss and Altos Tratus. Seriously, a lot of people are having problems with Altos Tratus when he can be beat on max hazard in like 2 minutes before he can unleash his biggest attacks (posted guideleines for these two in the other threads).

As for Neutronov: already at the beginning of the boss fight - try to run up as far as possible and DON'T use cover. Remember: this game is broken. Not for the difficult level but for the insanely stupid AI. There's always a spot where the enemies can't see you. Try to find such points and once enemies spawn, pick them off one by one instead of doing the shoot-outs the game suggests you should do. And when you did that just switch from point to another to avoid his grenades.

I wish I could give you more precise hints but for that I guess I would have to show you in game. Still, good luck on that one mate.

I'm stuck on the last level...have been for awhile.

Where exactly? Somewhere on your way up the building or at the last bit (boss fight)? In the former I found that you can run past some of the enemies...

In the early section with the flying thingy ourside the windows I ran up the stairs and melee the Halo-guy coming at me in the seating area. Then ignore the ones on lower floors and kill the ones coming in your direction on the same level. Then run up.

Or in the first two-floor section following short after. Run straight and collect the maxumum hazaard upgrade then run up and towards the next area. Once you hit the checkpoint the previous enemies disappear :D

• 2 weeks later...

dude seriously the games not that hard, cover and stay in cover always aim for the head, if you get a chance to grab a water pistol grab it, takes the water dudes down straight away and time your headshots, this is one of the easier shooters ive played, i actuall ran through the bosses even the ship boss with the tenticals, took less time on max hazard than it did on easier difficulty, same as the final fantasy looking dude boss, just nail the green things that heal him and start shredding him with ak47 headshots another one of the easier ones, even the final boss i thought was going to be a bitch but couldnt believe it when i did it after my 3rd try mostly getting mauled running out of ammo with the paper thin bad guys....

if you think this is tough try COD5 WOW or killzone 2 or uncharted crushing and tell me what you think is the hardest of them... i bet EAT LEAD is right at the bottom of them...

Edited by discodoran

I'm stuck on the last level...have been for awhile.

I'm on level 8 (Maximum Hazard) as well and I'm taking a break for a while because I'm just getting frustrated. I'm at the final boss - 3rd wave, where the testers come out. I have plenty of ammo but they keep killing me with those super blast water rifles.

I'm sure I'll get it sometime but I've re-spawned I think about 50 times now.

This game is seriously hard though. Way harder than either of the Uncharted games. Even when you stay behind cover on this game they still shoot you sometimes. It's just the way the game is though... Not too many games can even compare to the Uncahrted series.

I don't know why people vote in the difficulty poll as a 1 or a 2... I guess they just want to act like elitists.

• 3 weeks later...

Like I said in the Plat Diff. rate thread Uncharted's Crushing Mode is a Goddamn joke compared to Maximum Hazard. "Uncharted Style" cover doesn't work half the time b/c the barriers are half your height, forcing you to actually duck and cover.

The button sequence bosses are nice, but the ACTUAL boss fights (Neutronov, Tentacle Rape, Altos,etc.) are BRUTAL.

Enemies that can three hit you and aiming preciseness make this game a pain. If you're a millimeter off a headshot they wont give it to you.

IMO only CoD's Veteran mode or Dead Space's Impossible Mode (w/o cheats or DLC) is tougher.

wow i didnt find this game seriously hard at all yeah its the boss fignts are complicated but man if you think the general is hard you need to quit now you will be super pissed by the final fantasy boss he is a giant cheater

Really? I thought he was one of the easier ones. I found that darn tentacle one a pain in the backside, along with (obviously) the final boss. Swine!

:)

Really? I thought he was one of the easier ones. I found that darn tentacle one a pain in the backside, along with (obviously) the final boss. Swine!

:)

I agree with you. The final fantasy boss isn't that hard at all, you just need to make sure you go into that room well equipped (dual subs and plasma gun ftw). And you're right too about the tentacle boss, that fight sucks regardless of major or max hazard difficulty level. The general is no walk in the park either, just keep moving.

• 2 weeks later...
dude seriously the games not that hard, cover and stay in cover always aim for the head, if you get a chance to grab a water pistol grab it, takes the water dudes down straight away and time your headshots, this is one of the easier shooters ive played, i actuall ran through the bosses even the ship boss with the tenticals, took less time on max hazard than it did on easier difficulty, same as the final fantasy looking dude boss, just nail the green things that heal him and start shredding him with ak47 headshots another one of the easier ones, even the final boss i thought was going to be a bitch but couldnt believe it when i did it after my 3rd try mostly getting mauled running out of ammo with the paper thin bad guys....

if you think this is tough try COD5 WOW or killzone 2 or uncharted crushing and tell me what you think is the hardest of them... i bet EAT LEAD is right at the bottom of them...

Actually I thought Uncharted 1 and 2 on crushing were easier than Eat Lead. I am two trophies short on Eat Lead and it will stay that way. Not worth my time to try and beat it on the hardest difficulty.

This one continues to anger me. I'm stuck at the tentacle boss. Up to that point it had been annoying but I was dealing with it Now I just had to stop because it was no longer fun plus I have a pile of other games I want to play instead. And Crushing in both the Uncharted games overall much easier than this. This game is just poorly made

I will order it in a week. So i think i will get it in 2 weeks. Can anyone tell me, is this game hard on maximum difficulty. I only know it is like Uncharted so it can be just like Crushing i guess. I currently working on Hard on Uncharted and after this, Crushing.

I will order it in a week. So i think i will get it in 2 weeks. Can anyone tell me, is this game hard on maximum difficulty. I only know it is like Uncharted so it can be just like Crushing i guess. I currently working on Hard on Uncharted and after this, Crushing.

The game can be crazy tough on max hazard. Like CoD, take cover often and pop out if you're sure you can get headshots.

Bosses like Neutronov and Tentacle Rape will take time to beat, but the game is beatble if you have the patience. I know I almost didn't...:wall:

I agree with the OP on this one. After reading the trophy guide, i thought this game would be easy as cake to get through on the hardest difficulty setting. IT WAS NOT. I beat both uncharted 1 and 2 on crushing with ease, beat all the COD games on veteran without too much trouble, but this game....

I seriously died about 30 times per level at least on the earlier ones, and easily 50+ times on the levels after level 4.

I dont know if its really the game that is that difficult, but more so the poor controls that make it difficult. I found myself dying a lot while hiding behind cover, and random enemy spawns behind me were a quick death. The game is just cheap. It had its entertaining moments, but as of recent, as in the last 10 years, this was the hardest game i played though. Demon souls isnt even this bad....

But as for advice, you cant run and gun. Luckily enemies dont infinitely respawn, so take cover and pop out for a hopeful headshot when you have the chance. Its tough, but keep trying and you should get it eventually

• 4 weeks later...

I dunno what the "complainers" are talking about....the game can be annoying at some places, but once you know the mechanics & some things about enemies it's quite a cakewalk.

About the bosses You were talking about, while using the strategies from my NORMAL walkthrough they're simply EASY :p the only part i found seriously hard was the evac from Dexter's house, while going out of the house & fighting the Darlings, cowboys & russians in the garden :p

After that part I've discovered a tactic that makes fights with the Darlings MUCH more easy - simply 3 headshots <the one that makes them bent> & the third one simply kills them off without the need of going for a meele kill <uptil then I thought it was necessery>

I agree, Matt Hazard hasn't been too bad thus far.I just got past the tentacle boss yesterday. At first, it looked LITERALLY hopeless, because i didnt realise right away the tentacles had a pattern. The game gave me the idea that it was a whack a mole type affair because i urged me to keep moving. Once you take out one tentacle, that fight gets really easy, really fast.

I opted for minimum hazard for the first four levels to get the "stuff around" trophies out of the way, then started the game again on Maximum hazard. It's a little tough, and it's not meant to be easy. But once you get the hang of it, it's not bad. Like the hard mode for any game that has a cover system, use the friggin cover system, and know what cover will provide you with the required protection.

Dexter's house was annoying because of the darlings and their sub machine guns of lead bukkake, but again, using the cover system, selectively taking out the enemies and knowing when to retreat to safer cover to avoid being flanked was the key. As long as you select the right weapons to carry, you should be fine.

The part i had a little trouble with yesterday was actually the first space marine encounter, because the plasma wall cover that you're suppose to hide behind which gets progressively closer to the marines, didnt work against the marine's charged plasma blasts. The splash damage off walls and such would kill me. I got past that bit by running up and hoping to avoid as much damage as possible, flicking on my ice powerup and submachine gunning them to freeze them and the guys that rush in. Once you've GOT plasma weapons, they're not too much of a hassle, especially when you consider plasma weapons blindfire with perfect accuracy :p

I'm sure the game will give me a little strife still, but not enough to prevent me acquiring the plat :D Now, if you guys complaining think this is hard....i'd suggest you give call of duty classic a download and dial it up to veteran. Forget regenerating health, you have a single health bar for the ENTIRE level. No heals, no checkpoint regens. Entire level, single piece of health. On veteran, that will let you take two hits, 3 if you're lucky. So you essentially need to have perfect runs from each checkpoint. I'll get through that too eventually, but god it's annoying. Some parts ask you to do something we'd normally achieve in this generation by sneaking up and flanking them with a sniper rifle or something. In the original COD, the enemies know where you are, always. There is no "catching them by surprise".....and being instagibbed by a single bullet some random guy from a couple hundred metres away blindfired at someone NEAR you gives you an idea about how BS real trench warfare woulda been...except no checkpoints in RL XD

I'm with the OP on this one. This game is seriously hard. Like frustratingly hard. I've never played Uncharted or Dead Space, so I imagine those are even worse, but those games also strike me as being somewhat fair. I played Call of Duty on Veteran (didn't beat it) but at least when I died it was my mistake. This is ridiculous. I've been hit and didn't even see the enemy. I've been behind cover (not the cover system, the "Uncharted style" cover) and gotten killed. I know that I'm not the greatest gamer, but I consider myself decent enough at shooters that this shouldn't be a problem yet it is.

But as others have said, there is a pattern to the bosses and some of the enemies that make them easier. If you know where they spawn and the patterns they run, you can pick them off. However, I'm stuck on the last level at the point where you get a grenade launcher and have to take out five space marines, then a bunch of construction workers, then more space marines. I still haven't quite discovered the spot where the space marines can't see me, but it's frustrating to die and then have to kill EVERYONE else again just to get to the second wave of marines. Plus one of them has that stupid phaser rifle that can kill in one shot and apparently goes through walls.

Ive been having some fun with this game, although not all in one sitting. I try and space it out.

phaser rifle that can kill in one shot and apparently goes through walls.

It can cause splash damage if you are using the wall as direct cover, I tend to stand back from the wall when possible, and may take some damage, but not lethal.

Edited by Antra