Help: Snipers, and Choppers, and Wizards, Oh my!

So I finsihed this game on Major Hazard and had no problems.

No I go at it on Maximum Hazard. It's a challenge but not impossible. Is what I thought until I got to a certain part of Level 3 "Snipers, and Choppers, and Wizards, Oh my!"

It's the part where you have to run across a catwalk and use the cover on the left side to avoid Sting Sniperscope. Can't even make it to the first room. Going from cover to cover and picking off the two workers in the room works fine. But as soon as I leave cover to run into said room he shoots me just before I can shift around the corner of the door for cover. I know the "time limit" before he has perfect aim and shoots you is shorter on Max Hazard difficulty but this is ridiculous! I tried different angles, I tried getting around the left and right corner, tried to run straight, tried running in a wiggly line to disrupt his aim - nothing works.

Am I missing something here? How did you guys do it?

Edited by Shabadoo_Shrimp

I think I know exactly where you're talking about and I too had trouble.

Are you actually running instead of walking? That was my problem, as dumb as it sounds. My first play through was on maximum hazard and I didn't know you could run until I got to that point.

If you're walking, try holding L1 (I think?) to run. You shouldn't have any issue then.

If you're walking, try holding L1 (I think?) to run. You shouldn't have any issue then.

Okay, now I feel incredibly stupid. There's a button for running? And to think I finished the game already once without even knowing... -_-

Thanks for the hint. This part has just become a whole lot easier. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Do you guys also know you can press R3 to switch stance? By this I mean you can have a left or right hand bias to your aiming.

This makes it loads easier to hide behind walls and shoot people without pressing X to go into cover.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i should've played this on an easier level first, but being the idiot i am, i thought i could save time by beating it in one playthrough. now i get stuck all of the time. how on earth do you get past the sniper part where you are saving bill the wizard from the attackers? i can kill everyone but the last set. by the time i take out one or two of the last three guys, the third has already killed him.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 years later...