Observe the grenade isn't unlocking!!

I got 3 perfect kills with the GL on the three testers in the very first scene where you encounter the testers. I have done it a dozen of times and I have managed to get 3 kills each time. But the damn trophy isnt unlocking!!

Its the after the scene where QA warns Matt about the testers and the scene where Duke Nukem is referenced.

Am I doing anything wrong?

• 1 month later...
Are all 3 of them in pink shirts? If not they arent testers.

Son of a BITCH.

Now I understand why it didnt work... the problem is however that I just erased my save because I thought it had glicthed. I actually did it like over 1000 times and didnt unlock the trophy... in my frustration I erased my save and restarted.

...goddammit... oh well going through Eat Lead one last time.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes I had the exact same problem. All of the players work for the company. BUT each colour means something different. Blue are programers, pink are testers, and red are designers. Not sure about green... they may be the marketers he was talking about XD.

The best place to earn this one is in the final boss right on the 3rd wave. You get 3 pinkies right away.

Cheers, Brrnout

"Yippe Kiaaaaahh Mother.. OPPS I cannot say that!"

-Matt Hazard

Edited by Brrnout

I did it in the room just before the last boss (with the bookcase). I shot all the guys that weren't pink, and it left me with about 4 or 5 pink testers. Loaded my GL and let loose on them. Apparently, you don't have to kill them all in one grenade, and I'm pretty sure I didn't do it in one grenade when mine popped up.

There's also the bit IN the boss battle you can try.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UESTCaViLNo]YouTube - Eat Lead - Observe the Grenade Trophy[/ame]

Hope this helps :)

(posting for others)

Attempt #1: First area with the bookcase.

Strategy: Kill nonpinks and pray.

Time: 30min

Result: One was always away from the group.

Attempt #2: First wave of pinks in boss room.

Strategy: As soon as you and the pinks spawn, rush the area where two always hang out.

Time: 5min

Result: The two sat there while a third changed direction to cover by me. Trophy earned.

• 2 months later...

this was the last trophy i needed and i found it quite frustrating to get. Like many others have said, the best spot is the last boss on the first wave of pink guys. The only thing i found out is to not move forward until they get to the spot shown in the video. Everytime i ran forward, they ran back and would take cover elsewhere.

but yea, the method stated in the guide is extremely difficult to pull off. The way in the video is not too difficult and the checkpoint is right there. this should be changed in the guide

Edited by the_grimace

• 1 year later...

If you try in the room with the bookcases, remember that the AI switches between alert and patrol modes. When they are alerted to your presence they will try to find cover and most likely not bunch up together.

So what I did was to hide behind the bookcase in the back, after a while the AI switches back to patrol mode. You can observe them and when their paths converge quickly attack.

• 2 years later...

IMPOSSIBLE i'm on go 300, they never follow any of the patterns on either of the videos that i have watched, two of them will stand next to each other but not a third one! Last trophy i need... So F**king frustrating i don't understand how i'm supposed to get this if at no point 3 of them get within range... Getting pretty fed up now!

Totally skanked it by killing the first wave and just spamming the granades when they respawned!

Edited by DanAked
Solution

I'm glad you brought this tread back up, this is one of the trophys i was missing for this game, never really understood what it was or how to get it.

After reading through this i will fire up the game again soon and hopefully polish off the plat.

• 1 month later...

OMG!! Thank you my friends. I was killing 3 testers (as i thought) many times and trophy never popped. And then i read this post, i wasn't killing right enemies. After reading this, it took me 2 min to get the trophy. I did it in bookcase room. I killed every enemy but pinks, i waited for good moment and bang! 3 enemies down. It was last trophy to plat so thank you very much! This website is awesome:applause: