Bedlam Basher

I have been chomping at the bit to get my second plat in Eat Lead and today I asked a friend how he got Bedlam Basher because every guide I try fails and his reply said the trophy is glitched and it has only been patched in Australia so it's impossible for someone in the US like me to get it.

Is he right about this or being full of it? I rented this for two things: The Voice Actors, and the mildly easy plat. It was a fun game but I could've been grinding through PoP some more to get that over with instead of wasting my time on a second playthrough to get everything in Eat Lead :(

Edited by NinjaCameraman
Changed title so this doesn't appear to be me telling people how to get it

Your friend is full of it. Have you tried my method I wrote in the guide on this site? Got it first try once I did it that way.

swat he ask me so iam full of it i think you are because when i loaded matt it updated so i think your full of it and the trophy poped out with out a hitch

Your friend is full of it. Have you tried my method I wrote in the guide on this site? Got it first try once I did it that way.

I'll go check out what you posted. The last thing I tried was standing behind a spawn point and trying to hit him but the dude always turns around during the punch animation so it never counts.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Uh... yeah, I'm from Australia and I don't remember having to download a patch when I first put the game in. And that was only yesterday so I'm like 95% sure that there was no patch.

Also, on a more related note, Swat, i tried your method and for some reason the bandit always spawn in this weird place. He sort of spawn IN the chain link fence, so if I stand at the back of the fence, his spawn animation makes him walk forward a few steps unto the other side of the fence and if I stand at the front of the fence, he automatically starts shooting and ends up being on the back side of the fence, so yeah its kinda weird.

I haven't really been trying for it though, tried 3-4x on max hazard when I got to that part before I gave up on it for now to keep going.

On the last mission now, I'll try it again after I finish the game. Other than that, the trophy guide is top notch dude. Thanks a lot for writing that.

Also, on a more related note, Swat, i tried your method and for some reason the bandit always spawn in this weird place. He sort of spawn IN the chain link fence, so if I stand at the back of the fence, his spawn animation makes him walk forward a few steps unto the other side of the fence and if I stand at the front of the fence, he automatically starts shooting and ends up being on the back side of the fence, so yeah its kinda weird.

The bolded part of your quote is how it's supposed to be if I remember right. You'll need to stand at the back then as soon as he spawns you'll run up behind him. You can't just stand still and hit the attack button.

• 2 weeks later...
The bolded part of your quote is how it's supposed to be if I remember right. You'll need to stand at the back then as soon as he spawns you'll run up behind him. You can't just stand still and hit the attack button.

I tried it, and it didn't work for me. There's still a high chance of the bandit turning to look at you during the punch animation.

The stratigy isn't flawed or anything, it's just that there's a hellish amount of luck involved.

hey i found a link on youtube that really helps

it may take a few tries. it took about 5 or 6 tries for me but it works

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nhtC1ZzljI]YouTube - Eat Lead (Achievement Guide) - Bedlam Basher[/ame]

some other tips he doesn't mention that helped me were:

1. make sure your crosshairs are on the right (click R3 until they are)

2. use your hazard pistol

3. and after you kill the first guy make sure you sprint (L1) directly to the second guy behind the barrel if you don't sprint it can't work this way

this i think is the easiest way. its much better than the other hints i found on this thread

I am having trouble with this as well, but I am going to try out what you said. I was trying on maximum hazard and can't do it, so I assume I get more reaction time on minimum?

I can't seem to get this trophy. Its the only one stopping me from getting this platinum. Swat method sucks anyone have any better tips?

What I did because this method didn't work too well for me was freeze a bandit. He spins when he is frozen so you can't hit him from behind. BUT when he is starting to un-freeze, he will be stationary, smack him at this time and you have yourself a trophy.

• 2 weeks later...
what about the women you beat in level 5 i think, u shoot them then they bend over, cant u melee them from behind then, because they bend down and stay still for quite a long time, try that way and see if it works

I dont really think this will work as you need to "bash" one of those cowboys(Bandit).

• 2 years later...

There is a super easy way to get this without even trying. Shortly after the section noted in the guide you get the freeze power. Shortly after that you will walk into a room with a bar on the right. I believe there are two or three cowboys and a Russian or two that spawn in here. Simply dispatch all the baddies except for a cowboy. Fire a couple o rounds to freeze him, then run up and melee him from behind. Presto! Bedlam Basher without the bullshit headache.

• 4 months later...