Buy or Not Buy

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is very much so a worthy renting title or one to pick up if you can find it for under $5. There are numerous glitches in the game, the shooting mechanics can be "wonky" at times, and though it is quite humors; the humor gets annoying half way through it. I played and (P) it; not a horrible game but not one I would ever put up for any awards. Rent or Cheap buy for sure.

• 5 weeks later...

When I saw this title in stores, it had next to no appeal to me. It was also a game I saw on some of my friends PSN list, that would get it just for a platinum.

As time as gone on, I like to try out those games that aren't the highest rated AAA blockbusters and discover for myself what I like as a buried gem.

This cost me $9.99 and it is easily worth that. It is NOT worth what it cost at release, because I did like the charm, and the parodies and the homages to classic games of the past, was a nice touch -- but beyond that this was beyond deritative and tedious at times, and that sadly overshadows some of the true shining moments of this game.

I don't regret paying the $9.99 and I don't regret missing out on this when it was first released -- but I do think it's worth a playthrough because it's definitely not the worst game I've played (that to me on PS3 is a toss up between Dark Void & Spare Parts), so yeah I would get the digital version if you can, or if you see it second hand for a few bucks.

But I just platted it, and quickly erased it off my HDD cuz I'm some glad I used the code for Maximum Hazard starting off, cuz the replayability of this is terrible, and I couldn't imagine playing through this again.

just started this when it was on $10. I really like the humor in the game. :) this is a game that is funny and has one liners like the old action/comedy films (you'll see when you go through the tutorial). ;) as for gameplay... I think if this game was a more polished, this could be even more fun and a classic but I played games with worse gameplay. and I noticed that this game was made by those of Earth Defence Force: Insect Armagedon i think, much like EDF, it's not a great looking game but has its fun.

Edited by Dreadnought190

• 1 year later...